What is the worst advice you have ever been given?

What is the worst advice you have ever been given?Just wondering.

1518

Most Helpful Girl

• "Go to college anyways, it doesn't matter if you're undecided" It was from my parents and there was actually an "or else" added on, so it wasn't even a suggestion. When it played out exactly like I warned them it would, they decided to pretend I willingly dropped thousands on absolutely nothing (and publicly criticize me over it).

"Take responsibility for your actions and tell the truth" almost everyone
    (even family/witnesses) while I was being falsely accused of crimes I was incapable of committing at 13 years old. Then, when I started exposing people for lying under oath, everyone else rushed to make amends.
    I'm tired

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• You should go off your antidepressants and adhd meds, mental illness is made up and you need god. I got that from a hardcore Baptist I know, at the time I still attended a baptist church even though I would have rather attended a Lutheran or catholic church.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Pastors should and can be sued for this kind of crap and I recommend doing so not for money but to make a point.

You have to tapper off SSRI's. Put a healthy nondepressed person on a large dose of SSRI's for 6 months and cut them off they will fall into the pit of despair.

I'm sorry you had to go through that.

• @sjoes006 wasn't the pastor, pastor was a decent sort, just a random asshole

• Fuck them all to death. Lolz