Would you attend a one year old's birthday party?

My friend has invited me to a birthday party for her soon to be one year old. I've been to a few kid parties before and unless you have kids (and I don't), it's you basically eating and waiting for the party to end (in my opinion) because most of the attendees have children and talk about kids stuff or their kids and there isn't much adult conversation that happens. Would you skip the party or go?

• I would attend
  • I would skip the party
Select a gender to cast your vote:
I think the general consensus is make an appearance, small talk, eat some food, throw the kid a gift, and then at the 2 hour mark, make like a tree and leave. Sounds like a plan, thanks!

911

Most Helpful Guy

• Think of it more for the parents, there life started to surrounded a baby. They minimized all adult interactions down to almost nothing. A movie date just went up to $150 with a movie, diner and a babysitter. Its also not gping to change for almost 10 year if they dont have another one.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would just go kiss her a kiss wish the baby a happy birthday give the gift stay like 30 minutes and go about my day

What Guys Said 10

• up to you but i'd probably at least make an appearance. maybe show up late, give a gift (or not), sing happy birthday and roll out

• I have been to lots of these. The parents (I am not a parent) saw it as an excuse for adult interaction and drinking, because the kids would mostly keep each other busy or be asleep.

• Try and have fun. They bring your inner kid out after awhile. Remember a fundamental law of socialising, adapt your manner and you're conversation to your audience. Be a kid and play with the toys and talk about cartoons

• I'd go, but I may not stay for a long time! Make an appearance and leave in 2 hours!

• yeah

• If the person is a good friend you should definitely go! The party's for a 1 year old, that kid's never gonna remember it. It a party that's more for the parents than anyone else. Not having kids shouldn't stop you from showing support to the parents and if you can't stand the party, just stay for a little bit. Then at least you can say you went.

• Go. Even if it's just for an hour.

• In our future we always have first year luau's. It's more than likely I'll watch that child grow up , so yes...

• NOpe.

• No I don't care about one year olds

What Girls Said 8

• Yeah but I would only go for like an hour at the most. Especially if they aren't around my own kiddos age

• I would go in order to support my friend and be part of her life.

• Free cake is free cake. I'd go!

• If it was a close family member or I was the god parent too.

• Absolutely! Been to 7 or 8 and it's cute and fun.:)

• There's usually alcohol for the adults and lots of talking.

• I did attend my little cousin

• i would go briefly and then make an excuse to leave