What is the coldest weather you have ever been in?

And where was that?

I think it was just last winter, when we had about -30°C (~ -22°F) here in Finland. But I think the coldest weather has been even -35°C (~ -31°F) about six years ago.What is the coldest weather you have ever been in??

949

What Guys Said 49

• I think around -26F (-32C) or so. Maybe a little colder.

I've slept outside in just a sleeping bad and no tent at -22F before. I wanted to test the bag at home instead of finding the limits someplace I couldn't get to shelter if I needed to. The bag did just find. I was even stripped to my undies inside the bag. Wasn't even close to the limit.

• In Ontario, Canada and it's been in the -30's here with a wind chill between -40 - -50 range before lots of times. And it's ALWAYS windy here in the winter... very windy.

• -36C, but it was -44C with the wind-chill.

• New York City in February one year was particularly bad, as was Warsaw in January this year.

If it's dry cold, though, it's not so bad, in my opinion.

• I remember in my home town, that river froze over. You could just…walk there. That water was usually flowing, and it wasn’t deep. It was also about -30.
    I like to use Kelvins more though. So I should say, that was 243 K. Yeah, something is better… :-)

• England. Minus 8°C

• Saint Paul Minnesota, 10 January 2009 or maybe it was 24 January...

• -36°C or -37°C if I remember correctly, though it's been a long time since then so I can't be certain.

• Can't remember exactly but it was around -35 degrees C. That was back in winter 2011 and they said it was the coldest day Brampton had in 6 years. Funny fact that was 6 years ago lol.

• About -10°F which is very unusual for Long Island New York but that was many years ago

• Near -40C with windchill.

• -55 in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. That was fucking cold! The wind was howling. I don't was delivering propane.

• In winter it's usually 5 degrees Celsius here. I can't remember ever being in much colder weather, probably once or twice at like -5 Celsius.

• -65 F in Ft Greeley Alaska it was so cold vehicles were freezing up while they were running

• And yes we were camped out there for 2 weeks in canvas tents!!

• I think a few years ago it went down to like -35 with the wind, but I was playing hockey on the pond so I loved it

• I don't know but there was snow there
    And -35 lol so cold

• Holy sheet.. how can you people live...

About -5°©

• -10 C

• Probably negative 40 Fahrenheit windchill in Canada

• -10 i think here in England

• Weather: -9 F
    At my old job I used to work inside of a huge freezer where most of it was -10, but one section of it was -20. These were 12 hour shifts by the way.

• Straight air temp, -46 or 47. Windchill I've seen get close to -60

• seen it 65 below 0 before the windchill, didn't even bother to figure what that would have been other than phukking COLD

• -27 degrees Fahrenheit in Quebec City

• -22 °C when I was six.
    The baltic sea froze over.

• -67F wind chill under sustained 40mph winds at 9,000 ft elevation in Northern Montana... think it was January of 88 mebe 89

• -20C Chicago

• wyoming has some pretty hellish winters, and it's not so much the -10 degree weather but the added -20 degrees of wind chill really sink to your bones

• Up state NY

• Probably -20 or so celceus and with wind chill in the -30's. In Canada

• -80°f
    Ft. Drum NY.

• More from Guys
    19

What Girls Said 9

• omg -30? how do you even survive to that lol I wanna die with like 10 degrees haha the coldest for me was -7 C and it was not fun

• that's too cold :o

• The coldest place I have been to is Rohtak Pass which was minus something I guess... But my most enjoyable experience was roaming around in the market of Gangtok in jeans, t shirt, 1 jacket and flip flops! Initially I had worn two pairs of socks but then my feet refused to warm up so all the wool prevented any existing cold to escape so I tossed away my sneakers and smelly socks and fished out a pair of flip flops haha. It wasn''t much cold though... just 5° C.

• -30 °C feeling temperature if that counts. I think it was really around - 10 °C. It never gets extremely cold in the Netherlands.

• New England gets terrifyingly cold at times. I've seen the thermostat in the negative degrees.

• -7 the Netherlands

• probably like -40°C or -45°C in Winnipeg, Manitoba. like every winter

• -45C° in Huwsgul, Mongolia

• Montreal, -40 with the windchill.