What is the coldest weather you have ever been in?

And where was that?

I think it was just last winter, when we had about -30°C (~ -22°F) here in Finland. But I think the coldest weather has been even -35°C (~ -31°F) about six years ago.What is the coldest weather you have ever been in??

0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 49

• I think around -26F (-32C) or so. Maybe a little colder.

I've slept outside in just a sleeping bad and no tent at -22F before. I wanted to test the bag at home instead of finding the limits someplace I couldn't get to shelter if I needed to. The bag did just find. I was even stripped to my undies inside the bag. Wasn't even close to the limit.

0|0
    0|0
  • In Ontario, Canada and it's been in the -30's here with a wind chill between -40 - -50 range before lots of times. And it's ALWAYS windy here in the winter... very windy.

0|0
    0|0
  • -36C, but it was -44C with the wind-chill.

0|0
    0|0
  • New York City in February one year was particularly bad, as was Warsaw in January this year.

If it's dry cold, though, it's not so bad, in my opinion.

0|0
    0|0
  • I remember in my home town, that river froze over. You could just…walk there. That water was usually flowing, and it wasn’t deep. It was also about -30.
    I like to use Kelvins more though. So I should say, that was 243 K. Yeah, something is better… :-)

0|0
    0|0
  • England. Minus 8°C

0|0
    0|0
  • Saint Paul Minnesota, 10 January 2009 or maybe it was 24 January...

0|0
    0|0
  • -36°C or -37°C if I remember correctly, though it's been a long time since then so I can't be certain.

0|0
    0|0
  • Can't remember exactly but it was around -35 degrees C. That was back in winter 2011 and they said it was the coldest day Brampton had in 6 years. Funny fact that was 6 years ago lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • About -10°F which is very unusual for Long Island New York but that was many years ago

0|0
    0|0
  • Near -40C with windchill.

0|0
    0|0
  • -55 in Fort McMurray, Alberta, Canada. That was fucking cold! The wind was howling. I don't was delivering propane.

0|0
    0|0
  • In winter it's usually 5 degrees Celsius here. I can't remember ever being in much colder weather, probably once or twice at like -5 Celsius.

0|0
    0|0
  • -65 F in Ft Greeley Alaska it was so cold vehicles were freezing up while they were running

1|1
    0|0
    • And yes we were camped out there for 2 weeks in canvas tents!!

• I think a few years ago it went down to like -35 with the wind, but I was playing hockey on the pond so I loved it

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know but there was snow there
    And -35 lol so cold

0|0
    0|0
  • Holy sheet.. how can you people live...

About -5°©

0|0
    0|0
  • -10 C

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably negative 40 Fahrenheit windchill in Canada

0|0
    0|0
  • -10 i think here in England

0|0
    0|0
  • Weather: -9 F
    At my old job I used to work inside of a huge freezer where most of it was -10, but one section of it was -20. These were 12 hour shifts by the way.

0|0
    0|0
  • Straight air temp, -46 or 47. Windchill I've seen get close to -60

0|0
    0|0
    • seen it 65 below 0 before the windchill, didn't even bother to figure what that would have been other than phukking COLD

• -27 degrees Fahrenheit in Quebec City

0|0
    0|0
  • -22 °C when I was six.
    The baltic sea froze over.

0|0
    0|0
  • -67F wind chill under sustained 40mph winds at 9,000 ft elevation in Northern Montana... think it was January of 88 mebe 89

0|0
    0|0
  • -20C Chicago

0|0
    0|0
  • wyoming has some pretty hellish winters, and it's not so much the -10 degree weather but the added -20 degrees of wind chill really sink to your bones

0|0
    0|0
  • Up state NY

0|0
    0|0
  • Probably -20 or so celceus and with wind chill in the -30's. In Canada

0|0
    0|0
  • -80°f
    Ft. Drum NY.

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 9

• omg -30? how do you even survive to that lol I wanna die with like 10 degrees haha the coldest for me was -7 C and it was not fun

0|1
    0|0
  • that's too cold :o

0|1
    0|0
  • The coldest place I have been to is Rohtak Pass which was minus something I guess... But my most enjoyable experience was roaming around in the market of Gangtok in jeans, t shirt, 1 jacket and flip flops! Initially I had worn two pairs of socks but then my feet refused to warm up so all the wool prevented any existing cold to escape so I tossed away my sneakers and smelly socks and fished out a pair of flip flops haha. It wasn''t much cold though... just 5° C.

0|0
    0|0
  • -30 °C feeling temperature if that counts. I think it was really around - 10 °C. It never gets extremely cold in the Netherlands.

0|0
    0|0
  • New England gets terrifyingly cold at times. I've seen the thermostat in the negative degrees.

0|0
    0|0
  • -7 the Netherlands

0|0
    0|0
  • probably like -40°C or -45°C in Winnipeg, Manitoba. like every winter

0|1
    0|0
  • -45C° in Huwsgul, Mongolia

0|0
    0|0
  • Montreal, -40 with the windchill.