What is the biggest difference between how you were five years ago and now?

1638

What Guys Said 38

• Physically I've reduced my alcohol intake by 90%, I've lost 32Ibs and I run four or five times a week. Mentally, I used to work 60 hours a week and came home stressed every night, but a couple of years ago I changed job and now make loads of time for my kids too. The short answer is I am infinitely more happier than I was 5 years ago.

• Instead of being full of bitterness, anger, regret, remorse, depression, hatred, guilt, fear, shame, suicidal thoughts, no love for myself. vegence... instead of that i give love out and love myself, im proud of myself and try to help others, i gained a powerful wisdom and i try and learn more about it everyday ;D

• i'm married, have a kid. both new
    also realizing that after almost 10 years at my job it's time for something new

• My current self knows English better.
    OK, 2012/08/23. God, bad days, baaaad days. I have better ntb and phone, that’s important, bac then I was on college dorms, yes even through summer. And I was melting, it was so hot.
    Generally, I’m better now. I don’t care about stuff, which I’ve used to care about. My last relationship was yet to happen, but I already knew her. I had long hairs, I was more emotional, social and…fuck, I didn’t know how to code in C#, that was bad. Like really bad.
    I wouldn’t go back. It was in some sense very empty, and lonely time. But I would probably send my past self information. Better yet, my past self, from 2002.

• Maturity and wisdom... and lack of responsibility. (Ironically my sense of responsibility and dedication deteriorated over time... I"m hoping I can get it back before too long).

• 5 years ago I was obese now im closeish to getting abs
    5 years ago I had no friends now I have some good ones
    5 years ago i liked my parents
    5 years ago I didn't overthink everything
    5 years ago I hadent been as far down the rabit hole of depression as I have been

• Five years smarter and stronger. Also paid more.

• 10 pounds

• I'm making more money than I was 5 years ago, I have slightly more muscle and I'm no longer a regular drinker :)

• Probably the change in my personality. 5 years ago I kind of had an attitude and always tried to act so cool as to now I am laid back and it takes a lot to get me frustrated.

• It was a lot more depressed and socially inept back then, and I also was broke and lived with my parents. All of those are different now so I guess they're all pretty big differences.

• 5 years ago I hated my life. now I love it

• I was a first lieutenant. Now I am a major.

• I was ugly and 0% personality
    Today I'm still ugly and 5% personality

• i was still waiting to get into a bachelors program for welding engineering and now im making a lot more money and got a job right out of college

• I'd say I'm far more calm in general than I was back then.

• my worst regret is that I lost my innocence over time.

• I finished high school x

• maturity. discipline. toughness. started working. more independent

• I make more money and have a bit more facial hair, that's about it.

• I'm stronger both mentally and emotionally. Pretty much everything else is the same.

• Everything. Absolutely everything is different. I am a lot more powerful now.

• 5 years before i used to earn 10k$ when i was in India... fast forward.. i did my master's from reputed universities in USA. now i earn 120k$ ..

Time is money..

• I was less self-depreciating.

• well I'm not in federal prison now sooo I'd say I'm a bit more reserved and disgusted with certain factions or groups of people

• I lacked initiative. Now I am a trailblazer.
    Also I was 5'3 and now 5'9.

• I've developed a bit of a sun roof. ( Bald Patch)

• My age lmao

• Im now a god

• early I was thinking about my dreams only but now I am making it to happens..

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 16

• I was a loser then, I'm a winner now. 💪
    Eiku siis... 😂

• I can difficult situation much better. I can forgive and understand and analyze myself better. Before I would cry and I wouldn't know why. Before I even thought someone was judge me. But now... now I do everything with encouragement and confidence. Right now I am going through a situation that could have potentially killed me. Now I can evaluate and understand my feelings and makes me at less risk. I pretty sure someone could make funny of me and I would stare at them as if they were crazy. Lol

• I was heavily dependent on those around me and not my own individual. I'm more in tack of who I am and what I desire out of life, I go after what I desire based on improving myself and not to please others and I strive to achieve my goals without depending on those around me.

• I had deppresion, anorexia and anxiety. After a long phisically battle with myself I finally changed after i got some pounds and started working out I got out of my depression too and I got in a " I dont give a shit anymore" phase in which I am still. so now im talkactive, loud, around people and I love it

• I was motivated, fit, happy, go getter, positive minded, hard worker, silly, secure, outgoing and enjoyed life.

Now...
    I am unhappy, not even close to fit, negative, unmotivated, lazy, depressed, watching the days go by, jobless and insecure. 😐

• Five years ago, at 18, I was frigid and did not ever want to fall in love.

Now, I am a raving nympho with my guy, who is my first and (I hope) only lover.

• 5 years ago I was an emotional mess. Lost in my own world,. It was were puberty started to hit me like a bus. Got my first period, and high amounts of estrogen started to shape me the way I have to become. Also broke up with my first ex in that year, and met my long-term ex within a few weeks after the break up.

• I guess there's 3. I have a daughter now, I'm engaged, and I have my dream job.

• I'm happy with the man I love and I make a lot more money.

• I'm a lot more fucked up now.

• I'm fatter?

• Ugh. Five years ago I was 10. I was fat, ugly, and dumb. Not much changed. . . Jk

• i got boobs.

• Now I'm ambitious, confident and I don't care about what people think about me anymore.

• 5 years ago I was socially awkward and now I'm still socially awkward but gotten better. And oh I wish I could tell me 5 years ago that she needs to use apple cider vinegar for her pimples

• I was soooo naive