Have you ever bullied someone?

From recently or a long time ago, have you ever bullied or disrespected someone out of spite? How did you bully them (physical, cyber bullying, or socially) If so why? And did you ever regret it? Have you ever bullied someone?

3890

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually was a bully at some point in my life! I feel so awful about it.. Even TODAY!! I will never not regret being a little piece of shit towards this poor little girl in my class. It was first and second grade.. Because our last names were close in the alphabet we would share a locker.. And I used to just push her out of the way or just be mean towards her.. And to make it worse.. We used to have the same color and style shoes too! And we used to always get them mixed up and then I'd be mean to her about that situation also.. I regret this so much because I know damn well that she'd literally be an entirely different person if it wasn't for me being a jerk back then. And I know that I wasn't really all that aware of what was going on back then and I didn't know I was bullying her.. But I just really wish that those situations never even happened to begin with.. That same girl is a friend of mine now, actually.. I've been completely forgiven for being a jerk all that time ago.. But nothing will ever shake that guilt that I'll always hold in my heart. Especially now that she's a friend.. I just feel so badly about it.. I usually can forget about it all and not really think about it when talking to her etc. I'm good at leaving things in the past.. I think she is too.. But there'll always be that guilt that I'll hold whenever I'm reminded of this.. Nice question! :)

• Good answer! I enjoyed reading your story! Thanks for sharing 😊

• Thanks for MHO! :)

• No problem ☺️

What Guys Said 90

• Not deliberately... but in my elementary school years, i would make fun of the ones that were made fun off, just to fit in with the so called cool kids. Not all the time, but partially from time to time. The irony about that, is that i actually work with kids at the elementary level as an adult... and i see bullying all over the place each and everyday. Now im on the other side of the coin and i play a big role in stopping bullying and people getting teased in genera at schooll... in life you live an learn... and im getting a second chance in learning how to treat others with respect.

• Yes but unintentionally, I was a freshman in highschool, one of my first friends there invited me to Skype so I joined and there was a bunch of people, turned out my friend liked this girl who was also in the call and they invited her ex to it, I was confused but my friend told me some really bad things and I assumed he was a bad guy, so everyone was roasting him at first I didn't say anything but then my friend said I could beat him in league of legends (an online game) and kinda forced me into the conversation. Next day there was rumors about it saying some people bullied him and that he even cried over it, I felt bad and regretted it because turns out the guy wasn't the same as the rumors I heard, but he was very sensitive and depressed for awhile because of the call. Things lead to another and I eventually stopped talking to the people from the Skype call mainly because they're dicks, and I somehow started playing with him online because he was friends with my new friends. And leading to today, right now he's one of my closest friends. When I got closer to him I apologized to him and told him that I was pressured into it and only heard bad things about him. Every time I hang out with my friends, he's there.

• I grew up thinking bullying is how you became cool and how you got friends... SO i tried bullying people for about 7 years, and wondered why friends were pouring in, ironic right?
    Anyways i tried to be a nicer person after that but i was already bitter and depressed, however later i asked myself a few specific questions that changed my life forever and I've in a state of being kind to people and showing them love ever since.

I really hope i help people who were in the dark like me, (hence my name, "amano" meaning heaven and "yin" meaning the dark side of the yin-yang.) (I hope to show those in the dark their heaven and show those who's life is peaceful that not all "criminals and bullies" are doing it just for the heck of it...

• I was bullied as a kid, and I know what it means to be the victim, so I would never bully someone myself.

I beat the shit out of several of my bullies once I finally decided I'd had enough and wasn't going to take it anymore. Amazingly, I got into very little trouble over it, and won a lot of respect from people. Whoda thunk it?

• For a short period of time in middleschool. Thankfully that same year a kid that knew me for years said, "I never thought you could be so mean" and hearing that was instantly enough for me to stop and think about what the hell I was doing, then come back to my senses.

• I did bully people yes. And this might sound bad, but I dont regret douing it. Reason is that it forged me to be the person I am today. And because I still thonk of the people I bullied as twats. I didn't bully them for nothing but the sake of bullying, I bullied them for the fact they were assholes to other people, and I knew they wouldn't stand up to me. And, Ill be honest, because I had a bit of fun douing so. If I could go back to either change it or do it again, I would do it again in a heartbeat.

• Also, it was physical bullying and social bullying. Never bullied someone online, as I merely have any social media myself and just dont see the point in writing a mean comment on someones wall or page or whatever. If I dislike them, Ill say it right in their face.

• I have bullied people. some just need it bc their so self-centered they don't see it. I have bullied bully's bc they needed a taste of reality... they needed to feel what it feels like in my opinion. they needed to know the truth.

• Personally, I was bullied a lot... But then I would always make my vengeance to the bullies...
    I discovered that people trust me and used this trust as a tool against guys that bullied me... It eventually ended up by those getting expelled from the class, everyone in school hated them, only their new friend was good with them and "helping" them... Me!
    I did that twice in my life and it was most sinister and complicated thing to do...

• No way! I was horribly bullied back in middle school and high school. I wouldn't want anybody to suffer what I did.

• I wouldn't want anybody to deal with what I have to

• I hate bullies I hate people with loud mouth that like to make a scene too silly get noticed nobody should ever put their hands on anybody when I was in high school Denver kids that used to pick on a group of individuals. . . that were a little different. but aren't all these. . these kids used to be picked on all the time one kid used to ride my bus I saw him getting picked on one day with a bunch of kids standing around in a circle watching not one person doing anything to stop it if you are standing in a circle with other peers watching an individual get picked on or bullied you're just as guilty as the person that is doing the bullying

• I have never done anything to another person out of spite. This goes back as far as first grade.

I have played practical jokes on people but always bring them into the joke and make sure they know it is just for fun.

• I bullied when I was younger due to stress and anger. I was a very angry child. later on i stood up to bullies that bullied others.

• no i haven't

• I bullied the bullies. While they will giving wedgies, I repossessed their houses... and girlfriends.

• Some low life motherfucker here is disliking everyone's comments. What a bully...

• Not that I recall. I do remember a few times when I got involved in shit because someone else was bullying a buddy of mine.

• I may have as a kid but it was the rare occurrence a couple of times. Haven't ever been an actual bully.

• never have, never will. too much effort to exert dominance on unstable ground all the time

• Me? Bully someone? I'm too much of a goofball and friendly to do something like that. I actually hate any form of bully because it's pathetic that someone would resort to hurting someone because they're hurting on the inside.

If you want change in your life you have to start within first.

• No, never would.

• nope

• I insult only in self defense. So it wouldn't be bullying if I hurt someone's feelings, that's just a rattlesnake effect

• Yes. I've being bullied and I've bullied others. 1st I was that innocent cute little guy who trues to help everyone out and other took advantage of me. So I decided to turn it back. I became the pain in the ass kinda guy of the school and started bullied and fighting with each other. And after that I was free cz other were afraid to talk to me. But each and every day I regret of what I've dome to other coz I know how being bullied feels. It feels pathetic. But i bullied only the once who tried to bully me. I always helped innocents to to be brave enough to live as men. And I'm happy about it. But even though what i dud was taking revenge; I regret bullied others.

• Once or twice

• I've been bullied once, and it was the last. When he started on me, I scraped his face against a metal fence and it cut him up a bit.
    . I nearly got expelled, but the teacher (who luckily lived by my house) got me out of it.

• I tried to " bully the bully's" I was larger and I guess more intimadateing then some off the bully's were I went to school and I was always disgusted by people who harass people bc they are smaller or poor or "slower" then other kids , fortunately this actually did have a positive affect on some of the bully's who either learned it wasn't fun to be messed with for no reason or they were scared but it definitely changed how a lot of them acted

• I don't think I've ever necessarily bullied anyone but I have gotten jealous of the people who are better than me in the past, therefore I kind of have them attitude.

• I bully myself every day like everyone else does...

• Yeah back in the day. I'm conflicted as to whether they are entertaining memories or regret.
    Cause it was never like physical but we did take it way too far

• i caan say that i have never bullied in my life (BTW joking around with friends, like making a gay joke about a friend is not bullying)

most i did was hit someone in the mouth to blood while they were bulling me (they pushed me in the mud and i hit their jaw hard enough for them to bleed, and the whole day teachers asked me why my shirt was covered in mud and blood)

• nope not yet

• I did, felt obligated to bully because of the amount of Trash talk I would get from people around me. It started to sink in, have lost a couple of jobs because of this. and decided I need to try and sort my life. still unsure which road to take.

• More from Guys
    60

What Girls Said 37

• I did back in primary school for a bit. It's involved though. I had really good friends I'd known basically since I was born until grade 2 (3rd year of primary school because we have "Kindergarten, Prep, Grade 1, Grade 2") when another girl who I used to defend them from, turned them against me. After that I was teased everyday for a bit over a year & had *literally* no friends. I was mainly bullied by two boys in my class. One day I saw one of them using the same lines to bully someone else that he used on me. That was when I realised, he wasn't saying these things because they were true, but because they made people afraid of him. At that moment, everything he'd said to me came back to me & I stood in front of that kid and fired the insults back at him, not letting up when he flinched in surprise and he ended up crying, right there in the middle of the playground. I just called out to him "Now don't let me catch you doing this again" & walked away with the kid & we played four square for the rest of lunch.

The school I went to was very clichey & more often than not there was a kid who had no friends for the afternoon. So each lunch I would host a game, skipping, hopscotch, four square (which turned into 26 square at one point) or British bulldogs for anyone who didn't have someone to hang out with. I told everyone I ran into about it so they wouldn't miss out. While this was great, if I saw someone being picked on by another I would (sometimes brutally) destroy them with the insults I'd learnt & refined. I'm not proud of this, but I did learn a lot & how much impact what you say can have. This went on til grade 5 when I promised I would do everything I could to not tease or bully at all if I could help it.

• yes I've bullied a person.

1. I don't regret it.
    2. I just hated him to the core... like thw person he was.. I just his face annoyed me so like i spread a bunch of rumours about him and if i saw him coming down the stairs i actually hid my face and deliberately tripped him down the stairs...

aand because my hatred went so deep for this guy I created a fake Facebook account, friended him and made him trust me enough to tell me some hectically embarrassing things and then I screenshotred them and shared them with our whole grade.

say what you will but I'm being honest and i really hated this guy.

• I gossiped about a friend in middle school and within the same day I knocked on her house and told her everything because I hate feeling guilty. She laughed at me and told me she had done worse, and not to worry. I regret it, but not the part where I apologized. It is was so long ago, I don't know what I actually said.

Hmm, don't know if this counts as bullying... But I told a guy my friend was dating that if he ever harmed her I would beat him up. Why? Because I hate seeing someone hart broken. Nah, I don't regret it. That guy could probably clean my clock though lol oh well

These are the two slip-up moments I remember.

• No, but I was pretty universal when I was in highschool. I was friends with the bullies and with the victims. I actually regret very much being friends with the bullies now that I think about it, because it's as if remaining their friend condoned what they had done. :(

• I've been bullied as a kid and in the work place 3 years ago. Bullies are jealous, insecure individuals who don't know how to deal with their lack thereof. I'm free and happy.:)

• No. 1 of my cabin mates at sleepover camp had really bad hygiene+ a really bad attitude and she kept getting the entire cabin punished for dumb s*** so we tried talking to her (respectfully) about it. She lied to her friend from another cabin about us bullying her and when she came to try and cuss us out I lost it and exposed them all for their nonsense. A few other campers thought I was bullying them but our councilor backed me up lol.

• Yes and I do regret.
    I've mostly cyber bullied people and abused them emotionally. I didn't hit the people I bullied.

• Welcome, hun, to Gag Town.
    Yes, I have. Online Here, dear.
    Incognito as a Troll when I Stroll, with Some, for Fun, who did me Wrong, and we didn't End up getting Along.
    Good Luck. xx

• So, back in my early elementary school days, I used to be a bully. Not physically, just verbally. That was only because I was betrayed by an old friend and I didn't know how to deal with the pain.

It happened again a few years ago. So, I don't know why, but at the time I was so fixated on becoming popular. And eventually I did came into the in a crowd, however, they only liked me due to the fact I was putting others down which was wrong. Eventually, I disbanded from them and stopped bullying because I knew it was wrong.

• And yeah I do regret it because you really don't know what someone could be going through and no one deserves that negativity in their life.

• Yeah, made fun of them behind their back. I was in middle school, the girl was kind of weird and my friends would make fun of her so I joined in. Yes I regret it

• I bullied people due to when I was younger and still now sometimes, when people annoy me or get on my nerves on purpose because I can't focus because I have ADHD (ACTUALLY diagnosed by doctor) so, I can't ignore them and I get very mad/upset and I used to scream everyday in 3rd grade because of this. But my most recent incident with this was on the day of the eclipse Igor mad at a cousin for getting on my nerves on purpose so I throw a volleyball at him which made him spill his juice (he's the same age as me)

• No. I have not bullied anyone. I have been bullied though.

• Nope. Never.

• I haven't actually gone up to someone and physically or verbally bullied them but I do say what I want to my friends and if I think someone acquaint like a slut then I'm saying that

• Yeah my parents

• Me ad my friends roast each other, but it's all in good fun. I'd like to think that I try to be nice and patient to everyone I meet. Even if I don't like you or disagree with you, I would never bully someone because of it.

• I don't think so, maybe once with a guy where my friends teased him and I just laughed along with them. I vaguely remember my friends picking on a quiet guy but he was kinda rude.

• No I pissed a bully off a few times dose that count? She kept instigating me after that trying to get me in trouble and make me fight her I refused not because I was scared of losing I was positive I'd win but had no desire for confrontation

• Never, and I never will.

• No its waste of time.. If someone tried to bully me I just troll them back.

• I'm guilty. I can be spiteful. Never physical just verbal.

• Nope. I did argue a lot though, and because this girl was weak in the brains she was a little scared of me.

• Never. I have always tried to be nice to everyone

• I mean I fight with my siblings but I've never bullied people in school. Instead they bullied me.

• Nope

• Never.

• i haven't

• yes i have i use words to bully i regret nothing she deserved it after what she did

• Never bullied anyone and never want to

• I have been bullied. Never would bully somebody.

• More from Girls
    7