Do Some Guys Just Approach Any Girl?

Like, if a guy wanted to date, what are the chances that he'll just choose any random girl he thinks he can get? Also, do you think guys on the internet tend to message anyone as long as they're listed as "female?" Not trying to be rude to the thoughtful, emotional, good guys.. I know you guys exist... somewhere.

119

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of guys do that - and it's actually a winning strategy.

Dating is ALWAYS a number's game - the chances of both people feeling attraction to each other is small, so you have to meet/ask out a lot of people to find another that is interested in you back (much less one that is ALSO compatible!). By running up the numbers - asking out every girl who is remotely attractive to him - he gets used to rejection and not letting it bother him (he may even learn to turn a rejection into a date!), and he'll meet enough girls that it won't take too long before he gets a "yes" answer.

A *LOT* of guys barely ask out one girl a year - some guys may go years without asking a girl out - and so, when they DO ask, they usually don't ask a stranger, but rather they ask a girl they've been looking at from afar and pining away at them for months or longer. They'll have built that girl up as "perfect" in their minds, and when she rejects him (as most commonly happens), it will be such a huge disappointment and humiliation that he won't ask another girl out for a year or more. That's a HORRIBLE strategy, because you aren't meeting enough women to be likely to find a good match - but that's still what a lot of guys do.

Players and womanizers are successful because they ask out tons of girls - and get rejected a lot and quickly learn NOT TO CARE about rejection - and that makes them CONFIDENT, and women respond positively to confidence. Some will still reject him, but his percentage of "yes" answers will go up as his confidence grows - sometimes WAY up. So not only is he asking out a lot of girls, he's getting a lot of "yes" answers too, and may even date multiple girls at the same time.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes to teh internet stuff..

some guys will ask out any girl, esp if they look like they dont have a lot of selfesteem or confidence.

Guys that are players can spot a Needy girl really fast..

All they want is sex... still, it is nice to get asked out even if it is just a random guy..

What Guys Said 18

• I've never done this. Admittedly if I was just looking for sex I'd probably consider it, but that's something I want to save for marriage as something very special between just me and my future spouse. Basically my purpose for a relationship would be to learn about a girl and decide if I want to spend the rest of my life with her. It's not about the relationship itself, rather I see the relationship as a step towards something greater. So, back to the question, I wouldn't approach any random girl just because I think I could get them or anything along those lines. That would imply a very different purpose for the relationship. Sure I'm willing to talk to or be friends with any girl, but that applies to both genders. (At least so long as the person isn't just a general pain to be near). I hope that answers the question xD

• I do, but not necessarily with the intent to date. I had anxiety a couple years back, had to fight it off and build confidence just by speaking to any girl in general. It helped a lot to realise getting rejected is not really a bad thing

• oh, I get that XD my friend often think I'm suuuper extroverted and talkative when really, by nature, I'm actually shy and more internalized. I just fought my instincts and tried harder. XD but for this question, I meant to date a girl or something similar. I do appreciate your reply though. reminds me of myself haha.

• I do approach with intent to talk, but it is more like I am open to any outcome of the approach.

• i see. That's good. I'm more of a "let's make friends!" kind of person.. but that's only when I feel. like making more friends XD

• No there has to be attraction

• you know what?
    the mindset of 70% boys while impressing a girl is like a lion hunting for deer. "Which one can I get first?"😂😂
    "Yeah, Love and all will go on but what can I get first, tell me that!"😂😂
    Don't believe in those dialogues- " I love you"
    "I know that you don't love me but you can't stop me to love you" etc.😂😂

PS- Count me in the remaining 30%😜

• Yes, unfortunately, some guys ruin it for the good ones. I know there are some guys who will message any one who's female. And some will approach anyone they think they can get because they are not confident in themselves. They think a really good looking woman is too hot and they couldn't possibly get a girl like that, so they might go for a more "average" one.

• I pretty much believe all girls reject me, for a reason I do not know. I don't think anything is wrong with me, but I always get the silent treatment.

So I never approach anyone. I just dream about it, then move on with my day, continuing to complain to myself that I am single, and probably will be forever.

As far as some guys, without a doubt. There are guys that will do just about anything.

• a guy doesn't just approach any girl first he looks at her to see if she is his type then he will practice something real quick like "hey im... whats your name?"
    then hit her with a follow up question and then carry on a convo but how the hell else is a guy supposed to meet a girl lile why are girls so weird about guys trying to say hi or introduce them selves its not our fault that we want to look for a mate that looks like someone we won't get tired of staring at. and its also not oir fault that we want to choose a healthier looking woman who can most likely be more capable of helping take care of our offspring

• The smart ones won't. Here is why:
    www.louderwithcrowder.com/misogyny-hate-crime-uk/

• Guys who want hook ups will pick a girl that is weak minded a good guy will sk a girl out with a nice personality agood an bad guys will chatvwiyh any girl

• Some guys do that, yes. If they feel lonely or desperate, they may reach out to anyone to get a relationship. Personally, I think that's quite demeaning for me so I would only date someone who I'm attracted tom.

• Many do that

• aaww, somewhere?
    hmpf😞

• Some guys yes.

• Yeah there are some guys available at the edge of the planet

• ya I think most guys do. plus if your only looking for women that makes sense to.

• there also exist other guys.. who can't get any girl.. no girl likes them..

• I don't pursue women online or in life unless they really interest me, are attractive to me, I know enough about for me to want to be with them, and I'm very picky, more picky than I can afford to be
    Lads who use Facebook to hunt for casual sexual encounters with any fucker they're able to are embarrassing

• that is not me, I only approach girls that i am interested.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!