How do you manage your anger?

How do you manage your anger??

2460

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes I medicate with weed or CBD oil, sometimes read poems about broad & awe inspiring aspects of life that remove me from the source of my stress, or sometimes I write them out myself, I can lift weights to dispense with my anger, I can listen to music to relax me or to channel my anger into fiery passion, or i'll play a video game that either challenges me to engage in strategic thinking too distracting for anger to remain like Tetris or a game like Halo where i'm just shooting people in the face & pretending that they're my problems.

Most Helpful Girl

• I write all my thoughts in my journal, have a rant to someone who cares about me who'll listen, go on a walk to burn the energy off if I can. Maybe kick things or smash something if it's bad enough but never do real damage to anything important

What Guys Said 59

• I'm pretty calm minded and just shut it off. Usually best to focus on something that doesn't make me angry. Sometimes I listen to metal. I also use my anger and channel that energy into something positive. I just try and view anger as a waste of energy and focus it on something else. Sometimes that anger drives me towards my goals.

• I try my best to transform it into constructive potential energy. Trust me, I am quite literally always angry, but I find that if you focus on something you really want done in your life, then anger is your best friend as long as you can cultivate it and allow it to block out everything else that isn't helping you achieve your goal.

• Exercise and meditation.

• music

• Get out of the situation as soon as possible.

• video games

• i avoid violence

• Think logically. Most people never know it because I hide it so well, but I have major anger issues. I read a book that taught me to think logically instead of emotionally which helps me not make decisions based on pure emotion. I basically became part Vulcan (from Star Trek).

• YouTube

• Not well, lmao😅😅😅

• I don't. Trust me, you don't wanna piss me off!

• Giving myself time to cool down.

• Punch a cushion, watch a series or Drink a glass of cold water.

• I usually give the silent treatment if someone upsets me or makes me angry i usually handle anger on the same level as i do being upset or sad.
    I don't feed into another ones anger in nasty way cause all it does is
    make me feel like crap so i handle it in my own special way.

• I scream at the cat because I hate fucking animals. I imagine beating up old men and women. I punch the wall. I use derogatory comments. I tell people not to inconvenience me and i mean it. If I am feeling particularly hateful during the day I wear hoodies. You do not have to mention it I am well aware of the fact that i have no friends.
    I wait with much anticipation each day for a nuclear holocaust or some sort of natural disaster to displace millions and devastate a region. Hurricane Irma was a let down

• I have a two year old son who means the world to me and it is my hope he does not grow up following in his fathers footsteps.
      He kisses trees so i do not think i have anything to worry about

• Thanks for sharing at least. but screaming at cat is horrible.. any ways that's your ways, I hope you can improve that in positive ways

• Yeah, poor cat.. maybe switch to yelling at a cat poster? They're not hard to come by.

• I try to resolve it diplomatically. If I find I'm to upset to think at the moment I'll give myself time to calm down and just think about the upsetting situation at hand. And find a reasonable solution. Discuss it with the person and deal with their wants and mine openly as possible.

• Just think of those you love and respect
    And how you hurt them
    With ur anger

• Count the numbers...

• That's a tough one you just got to try and hold back

• Avoid conflict as best I can

• I'm not a angry person per se, but when I do become angry I just try to move on and focus on my goals and dreams to distract me from being angry.

• wait till dark, make sure there are no witnesses around, use a silencer...

oh wait, did you mean anger towards a person or just anger in general? ;D

• Its impossible to be mad after a strength session at the gym. Everything is peaceful afterwards.

• I dont, eventually it boils up tho, so if you too boil it up, make sure you know when you burst, and try not to be in close proximity to anything or anyone when it does

• It just goes away after a while

• High intensity exercise and/or spending time at the beach.

• I just can't. It's a real problem for me. But I really really want to control.

What I do these days is to try to be indifferent. But I don't know if that's an effective solution as of now.

I understand that anger destroys me.

• Listen to music, workout, go on long walks, write, and cook.

• Close my eyes and try to reflect on myself from behind the scene and remind myself how its not going to fix anything.

• Drive like an asshole.

• More from Guys
    29

What Girls Said 23

• Turn to music and play mindsweeper on my phone or go for a long drive. Either of those calm me down.

• I sigh.. really loud and imagine it's my anger leaving my body. I keep doing that till I'm okay again.

• I'm quite in tune with my emotions and have good control over regulating them. Usually I find going for a walk or writing down the thoughts in my head therapeutic. Mind you sometimes I do snap, we all have our limits but I don't think it's always a bad thing, just depends on what you're snapping about.

• I always see this vdo and I will auto clam down. I realize that I have no time to angry, I should keep forward what priority first.
    and some one stated about this vdo perfectly that
    "At first when I watched this video I was completely grossed out. But now I find it very beautiful, because it shows that even though we may be beautiful in perception, everyday our bodies are slowly aging and breaking down until we eventually die. And then our bodies slowly disappear until we finally completely fade from existence. That's why we need to cherish the moments we have on earth while we still can. We won't be here forever, which is the harsh truth, but at least you can make it worth living by making the most out of every breath until your last one." CR. Fo SnizzleBeatz
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4hXkdLlV4

• If it is Bad, I may Spiel with the Deal. And if not so Bad nor Sad, I will Talk to Myself or Light and Sweet... Gt it Off my Chest, which is Best from the Rest. xx

• Deep breaths, then I try and take myself out of the situation and look at it objectively. I don't speak in anger, and think about how to get past it positively.

• That's what gypsy soul :) thanks

• I actually have a really quick temper so it's been vital for me to figure out how to deal with it lol

• Depends on the situation if I'm at work I take a deep breath and go cool off. Outside of work I flip a lot of people off or I listen to music to change my mood.

• NEVER act when on anger. your mind isn't clear. take a step back, breathe deeply, and count to 10. and then talk/act.

• Evxersing or going to the gym

• Jogging is my best medicine. Watching cute panda videos helps with most negative emotions too XD

• I don't 😂

• I take an herbal supplement called Tension Ease by Vital Nutrients.

• I let build til i explode

• I don't, I cuss everyone on Facebook out because I don't have home training.

• Very well usually but you really do not want to be around me when I really do get upset lol

• I just try to react less

• I take a long walk, music, journal, talk to friends and family about it, talk to my counselor

• I am mindful.

• I like to Sock people in the face

• Don't speak when you are angry

• I throw/break things that have no feelings, it is better to be slow to anger.

• by crying

• Fucking my guy.