For those that had an XBOX 360, did you ever have the dreaded 'Red Ring of Death'?

On the older big models if you got this it means your system no longer works.

1322

What Girls Said 13

• I've had that happen once. I felt my soul leave my body.

• Yeah... multiple... I could tell you some shit about this...

• Never got that

• No knock on wood lol, my first one I had ever got didn't work but it nvr got the red ring I had to exchange it

• Once. My housemates were devasted, wrapped it in a towel 😂😂

• I ahead a single tear for my first white Xbox 360...

... never happened with the new slim one though. It's still working.

• Never

• Nope but I'm not sure which one I have, didn't realise there were slim versions of it

• Never ever.

• Haha my family is technologically impaired

• It happened to my brother & I years ago... it was terrible.

• Been there. Done that. Never again...

• Yes, on my first white one. My elite never had that issue though.

What Guys Said 22

• Oh yes... Mine overheated a couple of times. The first time I just sent it in for a replacement, I was able to eject my game beforehand... no biggie.

The second time, it overheated and it was just completely dead. I had a game stuck inside, it wouldn't eject... Sucked lol. So I ended up taking the thing apart, voided the warranty... (there's a little sticker inside of the front panel that you couldn't break or your warranty would be voided) and got out the disk tray and opened that up... got the game. Reassembled it...

BUT the problem was (and I'll bet this was the common problem for all 360's)... the heat sink on the inner part of the cooling system, it was COATED in thick sheet of dust. Literally trapping heat.

So I cleaned that all out, dusted off the insides and again, reassembled the rest of the console... The Xbox ran smoothly for a year of additional use until the XOne came out.

I'm telling you, those little holes on the sides of the 360, dust got sucked in there and attached to the heat sink... had to have been the leading cause of the Red Ring issue. Almost positive...

• We did but he had coverage on it, thankfully only happened with one system. Always wait on hardware purchases, kids

• Lol, I don't think it means anything

• That only meant that you had to get a new system?

• pretty much, or some people have figured out how to fix it, but it involves opening it up and tinkering with the parts a bit.

• I got red rings on my xbox once, but Microsoft fixed it for free.

• the only red ring i got was when i first got live after only one week and had to save money for a vacation a month later. I ended up using my vacation pay as soon as i got back and got the slim.

• im glad i never had that, when i had xbox 360, i have even played games on it, continuously for more than 4 hours on it, but never had that problem.

• Once sadly. We had to get rid of it :/

• I had it twice. Their system collection and replacement policy was extremely efficient.

• Yes, I got that and tried to follow some directions to fix it but no go. I heard there is a towel method. It basically is the heat sink not properly getting ride of the heat. Wrapping it in a towel and overheating it to reset the thermal paste.

• yeah i remember this red ring many times , but the strange thing was when that happened , turning it off and on again will solve the problem.

• Yeah

• Once probably, fixed it, through a YouTube video a few years back.

• Yes sent it back and they fixed it

• Loads of times why do you think i dont use microsoft haha

• 3 Different Xboxes... After that I made the flip to the PS3

• Never even heard of it. I always thought they were unlike computers and only the games break down.

• My brother had 3 on 3 diferent console.

• Like 2 or 3 times

• Nope

• Never one issue with it