Is wanting to be submissive to your partner a bad thing?

I'm quite submissive person and I like putting happiness of people I care about before mine. Being indecisive at times, I also appreciate if other person (my partner, for example) takes charge and guides me to a decision.
However I have been told that this thing is not right and that a relationship is supposed to be equal.
Especially by few friends of mine and such.
Is that a bad thing?

935

Most Helpful Guy

• If you as a woman submitting in the relationship and your boyfriend as a man being in charge is what works and you enjoy then it's not anyone elses business.
    Submit to him.
    Also, trust me, women wanting to submit to men are more common then you think, and honestly I think it's quite healthy.
    You might want to actively look for men into being in charge though.
    Submissive women will often find that they're not really all that happy in a relationship where the man is also submissive.
    And a submissive woman can't really make *him* dominant if that's not part of who he is...
    One place that might be worth looking at is places like fetlife.
    But it depends a bit on yourself...
    There's conservative circles where you might find a better match.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, no matter how you role play, your relationship is always equal, but a voluntary power exchange is perfectly healthy and fun if it's based in love and care for one another.

I suggest you join fetlife. com and talk to other women who feel as you do, maybe attend local events and such. I always recommend sticking close to the BDSM community at first - helps you have places to interact slowly.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • It's not about BDSM. I'm talking about general behavior and all

• You're talking about D/S and that's handled within the general kink community.