What is one rule that you go by that makes your life easier?

2248

What Girls Said 22

• "Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in Hell." Matthew 10:28

• Don't take life too seriously; it's not as if you're getting out of it alive.

• All like that

• Two-word acronym. "S. T. E. P U. P".

• Take everything one step at a time

• you can do anything. but you can't do EVERYTHING. Choose what matters most.

• don't dwell on past, and get obsessed with or upset about past istakes that you dont have control over to change

• Everything happens for a reason.

What goes around comes back around

• Ugh... Iuggggh

• apple!!!

• @reixun exactly my motto in life. Lol ughhhhh... when the world want you to work!!! Ughhh when you don't want get up... ughhhhhhhhhhh when someone say 🍎!! Hahaha say uggghhhh

• Good things happen to bad people.

• when i isolate myself, make an effort to connect
    and
    only mediocrity is sure of itself

• Fuck what other people think.

• No one loves you. Love youself

• Wisdom is more precious than gold, understanding more precious than silver

• I'll only be happy, if I am true to myself.

• We don't get to choose how we start in this life, real greatness is what you do with the hand you're dealt
    -Victor Sullivan

• Let it go and move on lol

• GRATITUDE

• The life will get a revenge to bad people.

• Keep God first.

• Simplify things as much as possible; logic:yes, drama:no.

• "Keep it simple."

What Guys Said 48

• Well its either my personal rule of "fuck it.", essentially I am who I am either I am liked or I am not but I will not pretend to be some one else and I will not act like some one else. Its definitely made life easier as not only does it free you from all the constraints of doing this or that to please others it also, I have found, gets people to respond to you much more positively because your genuine no matter what they know you and they know how you are and what you are their is no wondering or uncertainty. The other is "one and done", essentially if I have an issue with some one I will call it out, I will make certain they understand what they did that I found inappropriate or what have you and then its done. I don't hold a grudge, the purpose of anger is to get you to communicate to push you to address the things that are causing you discomfort or making you miserable, but after that is done it serves no purpose. Not holding onto grudges lets you resolve conflict much more readily and easily rather then holding on to it which just brings up the old conflict over and over again. Its just more efficient and makes life easier.

• Dating advice
    ==============
    Law of Fair Game: Always an opportunist; never a thief.

Dishonest Gain Reflexive: A thing which can be stolen, is a thing which can be stolen.

These three are borrowed and recontextualized from Luther's Small Catechism:

Law as a Mirror: Boundaries exist to remind you of what you stand to lose if you should ignore them.

Law as a Curb: Boundaries exist to restrict the harm you do to others.

Law as a Guide: They also exist so you can find your way back if you do get lost.

This next one is common sense:

Law of Fishy Intuition: If she seems off somehow, don't be overly ashamed to run away. It may be for good reason your gut told you to run.

Trusting Karma: If she returns your act of kindness by making enemies for you, especially with the law, cut her off completely. Even if she doesn't get a TRO on you, behave like one is in effect. Gaze upon her with disgust, but say nothing, and leave immediately if she enters the area. She will either repent, or a falling tree branch will be sent to punish her for being a cunt. Whatever you do, never give her more ammo.

Friendship advice:

If two women you admire don't trust each other and begin fighting, rarely ever give all props to one side. Concede the flaws in both, and show both the virtues in each other's intent. So that they may both be ashamed, and sue for peace. Let them know that you watching them fight is like a child watching his mother fight with his aunt, and not wishing to side with either.

Money:

If they insist on your credit card upfront, they're probably up to no good. If they promise anything free, but making it useful requires you to make credit card payments, run the other way.

• Try to keep things simple and following my own self made rules rather than doing something that most people do.

• If you don't expect anything out of someone, you'll never be disappointed

• That I don't need anyone. I don't have any friends, to be honest, and I'm content with that. Whenever I made friends, the following would happen:

-They would inquire information about me and tell everyone about me and start gossiping

-They would pretend to be my friend but later betray me and start acting cold towards me

-I would always have to reach out to people to hang out, see how they are doing, etc. Nobody ever reached out to me at all, for anything. That's not friendship when you are the one contacting people and they never contact you.

For that reason, I ditched the whole friend thing, and I do things on my own and go out on my own.

• Christ sacrificed himself for my salvation. There's nothing more comforting than knowing you don't have to fear death

• Live and let live.

Stay out of my business and i'll stay out of yours.

• Don't stress

• Don't care what most people think because most peoples opinions aren't worth a damn.

• Probably my own opinion is the one that matters, what I mean is that I try to ignore how other people feel about me, the most important judgement I want to hear is when I think about myself, whether I could do better or not, did I do right thing etc.

• Trust no one! Not even your own shadow because you will be abandoned at night!
    Especially not the government!

• if you want something that you dont have work for it and eventually you will get it

• Rule #32: Enjoy the little things

• Try not to plan things exactly, always have room for change

• Kick ass, all day

• "If something is hard to do, it's not worth doing."
    H. J. Simpson

• No trust anyone completely. Make friends etc. But also make plans for if and when those friends betray you

• Rationally organize everything. Have some order in life.

• my best rule is the one to just say
    Fuckit, life is to short to worrie about things, take it in a stride

• Stop caring

• Say what you mean and mean what you say!

• I never take anything personally.

• Never, EVER lend anyone money. Anyone. Ever.

• "always give my 12%, everyday"

• Bust your ass first and only then enjoy your rest.

• Walk in, fuck shit up, walk out.

• Life sucks and then you die.

• Don't mess with me.

• The end is just another beginning.

• Let it go. Whatever it is. You failed a test. Too much stress/anxiety. Whatever. Live life simply simple.

• More from Guys
    18