Do average women *really* have it easy in dating, compared average men?

in my opinion, if you are average or below average woman, you have it as difficult as average/below average man out there. I know it from my experience.

It may be different in case of good looking/above average people. Good looking women definitely have an upper hand compared to good looking men.

But if you are average or below average, it's same.
Do you agree? Why?

1441

What Guys Said 41

• I think a lot of MEN will disagree with you because of their lack of experience with interacting with women and obviously not being a woman themselves. I've had extensive experience with women directly and indirectly and I can tell you that BOTH average men and women have it about the same when it comes to ease in DATING. Notice how I stressed the word DATING and not who can hookup with random faster than the other, because we all know women can do that easier or faster than men usually can. It's a reality that many men are oblivious to because they're equating a woman being able to get random hookups easier to women being able to date easier as well. I think men conflict the two. I personally believe women can get sex easier, men can get commitment easier. Meaning, women have a harder time getting commitment from a guy they want commitment from as compared to a man being able to get commitment from a woman they want commitment from. Why? Women are pickier.

• Okay, first of all: I wish people would quit this dumb categorization of "below average", "above average" etc.. That's just silly.

That said, I believe that women do have it easier when it comes to finding a guy to have no-strings-attached sex with. For all other matters, such as serious dating, women have it just as hard as men.

• Women have easier access to sex and less access to committed relationships generally. A lot of guys will be with a girl to have sex when they don't plan to be serious. Many men perceive dating as hard because they usually have to initiate and therefore take the "risk" of being rejected which hurts many guys. I think women have a hard time finding what they want though. Probably just as much or more than men.

• I would say they certainly do, because even the most average woman is highly desired.
    And that desirability provides them an option to be choosy.

On the other hand, my experience as just an average man has made dating more often than not an empty effort, likely not even worth pursuing.

• No. I've seen plenty of average to under average women in relationships. I'm average to ugly and have yet to be given a chance at all.

• Depends how high are your standards. If your just looking for a guy with a pulse, then yes you have it easier. :/

• Think about this. A guy is in a public place, like a bar or maybe even a fitness centre. He is average or below average. He sees a few hot chicks. He thinks "I could never get her, she's so out of my league, and she's probably taken anyway". But he sees an average looking woman who's kind of cute. He approaches her because she's "in his league". So, in that sense, the average woman might get hit on more so, for that very reason. I know I felt that way. I had very little self confidence in my youth. Now I'm quite the opposite. I have no problem approaching any woman now, beautiful or not.

• I wouldn't think so. At first blush it may seem that way because men generally as women out, She then needs to decide if yes, is this someone she wants to meet for coffee, meet for lunch or meet for dinner in a swanky hotel restaurant. There are far different implications in each. If sje doesn't want to, how does she gently tell him "no" without offending him. Once you get past that ritual think about who generally ensures that birth control is available, who generally is a single parent. I think it's pretty unanimous whose jobs all those become.

• Actually, good looking men are the top of he pyramid, everyone else is either trying to be WITH them or trying to BE them.

Average women however put some makeup on and raise the bar to to infinity in what they expect.

• Or maybe they are better at controlling their urges than men.

• @harryish It is not about controlling urges, it is simple sexuality. Men have urges which is why in the animal kingdom they fight to the death to mate. Sexual desire in females is a much higher level process function. Its more of women just dont have the urges men do.

• 7d

@phantombandit Yeah agree. Kind of urges women have are very high but they are very different.

• Dating, in my oppinion is not hard at all, I mean you get to know and soend time with a person that you felt attracted to on first sight, or chat and by her accepting to date you might mean she felt the same. Extensive periods of dating and getting turned down repeatedly might take it's toll on your self esteem and that is why, in my oppinion, you should date only the persons who really attract you and not every "catch".

• "It may be different in case of good looking/above average people. Good looking women definitely have an upper hand compared to good looking men."

This is actually incorrect.
    If dating apps is anything to go by, good looking men actually have *far* more of an upper hand compared to good looking women.
    This is because "good looking men" represent far smaller portion of the male populace than the amount that "good looking women" represent in the female populace, as perceived by the respective gender.
    This results in most women catering to all the same kind of men who then have far bigger range of women to pick from.

On tinder, the most swiped men are actually matched 3 to 5 times (!!) more often (up to 20 matches a day) than the most matched women, despite the fact that men represent majority of the user base and get 20 times *less* matches on average.

Obviously, Tinder might not be the most accurate gauge for this but it is still a landslide difference.

• absolutely, women who disagree are just lying to themselves

• Well an average woman gets asked out and hit on a lot more than an average guy ever will, so in that sense it's definitely easier for women since they don't have to put as much effort into finding a relationship.

But I think it's equally hard for men and women to actually find a decent relationship. The huge discrepancy comes from how easy it is to get sex, and that's what a lot of dudes are bitter about for some reason.

• Always more difficult for women who play by dating rules. Foppish English aristocrats made those rules.

Good looking women don't play by those rules so yes, they have an advantage since they get away with 'playing it both ways.'

• To answer your question, as yourself, "what percentage of men vs. women die childless against their wishes?"

• In the dating world, it depends on the type or demographic of guys or girls.

Black guys have it easier than black girls.

Bisexual girls have it much, much easier than bi guys.

Asian girls have it much easier than Asian guys.

White male expats in Asian countries have it much easier than white female expats in Asian countries. White females have it much easier in places like Detroit or Minnesota, or other places where the population is very heavily black, then white men.

• A man has to meet a list of requirements.

All a woman has to do is accept a man's advances.

Women have it easy when compared to men.

• I've seen plenty of smoking hot women called "average" or "ugly." If you're a woman you have it easier than a man because men will come to you while women won't come to me.

• I imagine below average women do get turned down a lot, but so do average/above average guys.

• They do have it slightly easier. They're still not expected to approach.

• I am an average potato and it's not very easy for me

• There will always be a hungry guy that will want a woman.

• definitely and its statistically true

• Yeah

• Still now I am single
    I want to do dating any girls intrested in me please message me

• Very below average women have a tough time, because an unattractive man can more easily compensate with money or personality. But average women have it better than average men any day.

• yeah, make up works like a charm..

• Im pretty sure ugly girls still have an easier time getting laid than average guys. Lots of girls say I'm handsome, and nice, yet I've only had 5 partners, and my first one wasn't until I was 25.

• Yes. Generally men are the pursuers and women the pursued. By this very fact alone women arguably hold more leverage.

• 6d

Also, women's standards are generally loads higher than men's. Women are the selectors and men the selected. I don't know if it's due to nature, God, or whatever else, but that's the way it is. Men are attracted sexually to a fit body, that's all it takes. Women on the other hand can be attracted to a variety of things, many non physical.

• I think it's pretty equal in dating. Now if you were asking about sex then it's always easier for a woman to find especially if her standards aren't high

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 14

• Average women definitely have it easier until they’re 30-35 then men start to, providing they have some form of stable job and independence

• I agree. Average looking females don't have anything easy. We have about the same chances as average looking men. We just aren't always bitching and complaining about it.

• I'm above average but I struggle to date because of my personality.

And I know many girls who are not prettier than me but still more desirable.

• Average women have it easier because:

1. They get accepted by his friends, family more.

2. Men think they are low maintenance

3. Feel less shy

4. Feel like they don't have much competition

• from my experience, it appears so to me that any unattractive girl can attract a guy if she is aggressive and known as a easy lay

• I agree but I think it is easier for a woman that is considered average or below average to get better than it is for a man that is average or below average.

Since I believe a lot of the physical attraction that a man has for a female is in her body and since a woman's body/weight/fitness is in her control, a woman can increase her attraction to the opposite sex more than a man can.

• Not always. A pretty girl might have a bad attitude and it could effect her options on dating. Or a pretty girl might not have the self confidence to accept a date. She could over look the obvious.

• I do not know to be honest

• As an average girl, I'd say I don't have it difficult but I don't have it super easy. I think average guys may have a harder time than average girls. Girls get more sexual attention than guys do.

• I think you also need to factor in race and disabilities. You'd be surprised at how much attention good looking men also receive. People like good looking people, regardless of gender.

• Is this really a question? Yes, women have it easier.

• I think so too. Sameee!!

• Yes it is easy

• They have it easier because guys see it as them easier to talk to and be themselves around