What have you learned from older people?

What have you learned from older people?What have you learned from older people?
It can be through observation or when they interacted with you.

Please try sharing positive influences that they have had on your lives. :)

726

Most Helpful Guy

• I just find amusement in the elder people, I've learned lots and lots from old people, here are the things I learned:
    1- If you're young, go and do stuff you love, stuff you like and do your hobbies and make your dreams come true, cause when you're older you're weak and you don't have as much energy and free time as you were when you were younger -- The only time is now.
    2- Be kind to everyone, it doesn't matter who, just be kind to everyone and show them your best side, cause what ever you'll do, will come back to you.
    3- Don't worry too much, and take it easy. There are many other stuff you should make your mind busy with. (Now, usually really old people are not worried too much, they are just re-living their life, their past, and their memories. There is so much on an elder's mind.)
    4- Life is beautiful, trust me, there's so much out there for you to discover, so much adventures waiting for you to explore, and so much stuff for you to do, so do them now, rather than never.
    5- To wrap it all up, be a good person, do good things, do things you like, if life hits you down, get up!
    -- Haha, sounds like me by the way.

Most Helpful Girl

• To meet as many people as I can and make some sort of positive impact in their life in any form that I can by sharing some kindness. Even though one day people may forget my name, they will hopefully not forget the kind gesture or nature of a person that I am.

• 6d

Double thanks for the MHG! I enjoy answering your questions! 🙂

• 6d

Haha! Love your opinions. They're quite thoughtful. :D

What Guys Said 25

• Find something you enjoy doing for the rest of your life. Spend time with friends and family. I’ve been thinking of this ever since I was a young boy, so it feels good having my thoughts reinforced by people who are decades much older than me.

• Work hard, life isn't going to hand you everything and you are going to have to bust ass to make some grass. Grandfather who was an over the road trucker for 42 years taught me a deal about how to be a man in this world. Taught me the value of the dollar when j was young, taught me to work hard, built me up to be a man. Taught me things my parents wouldn't have known

• Appreciation of the now-and-here. My grandparents are mong my favourite people to talk to.

• That you don't have to show up to every argument. Just go the other way.

• Good wisdom

• What I've learned from older people is you can choose
    your friends but you can't choose your relatives.

• That at the end of the day, all you have in this world is yourself really. So don't worry about what people say about you behind your back or petty stupid stuff.

• Patience

• A good name is far better than wealth

• More than school has ever taught me.

• Manners is what differ a gentleman and an asshole.

• I know this isn't really a life lesson like everyone else's but my great grandfather taught me how to place rebar. I think that means something to me because it tells me a little bit about what he's done in the past and his work ethic.

• What's rebar?

• It's a reinforcement bar. Just a short form. It's used for many things! Glad your grandfather taught you how to place rebar that a great skill!

• Never be afraid to ask for help...

• wish i could go back and apply everything i have learned. boy would i change something lol

• To be kind

• I have learned to be patient and positive about everything

• Most there knowledge which come from from experience. which is. They only they can give

• wear a condom so you don't end up miserable like your parents

• Haha don't try to be a smartass in this post coral. Bella clearly mentioned positive influences. There are several teenagers who will get very good advices from this post, but yours ain't helping.

• that's the thing though, teens need to engage the deep thought about this on their own or they won't have interest and won't actually care until it's too late

• You are right, I agree on that. A simple answer wouldn't help much. Now if you give them a complex idea and info on the topic, they will think critically. And that is how they will come up with their own answers. Surely the younger they engage in this complex topics the better they will be later in life.

• That I want to die young

• They're chill as fuck.

• Enjoying life without luxuries

• Nothing

• Getting old is a shitshow

• That I sucked at sex

• Yes I have.

What Girls Said 6

• Beautifully Done, hun,
    Being in the Healthcare Field for Many years, I have Done it All, Including Caring for the Elderly in Nursing Homes, At Home or even in Other kinds of Homes, Such as Rest Homes. xx

• *Takes a Special person to do this job. xx

• Your influence rubbing on me most probably. :P

• lol That happens with 901 Followers. xxoo

• My grandma told me not to put anything smaller than my elbow in my ear and to not q-tip someone else's ears, so there's that

• "While your trying to pull the tooth pick out of my eye , first pull the log out of your eye." That's what this reminded me of...

• That even though they can be grumpy, they have a soft side. That if I go out of my way to smile and show them I care (for example, in the rustic island near to Singapore, I always greeted the elder villagers and even shared my food with some). Seeing their smiles and them accepting me brightened up my day.

• They taught me to be financially, emotionally and physically independent.

• How to make foods.

• Valuable information and their experience of life