Do you believe people are inherently good?

1735

What Guys Said 35

• Far from... Far, far from. lol

• No. There is too much ugliness in the world for me to believe there's inherent goodness in humanity. Self-interest is the hallmark of mankind. When there are huge humanitarian acts, I suspect it's not primarily motivated by doing "the right thing" but rather satisfying one's ego by doing it.

• It's possible.

• not at all. people are inherently opportunistic, egoistic and antisocial. you gotta socialize them in a way that makes them compatible with society first.

• Not one bit. According to general humans standards of what is "good" then yes the immense majority of people are "good". But good before God giid means to be morally perfect.

Humans are inherently selfish, prideful, rebellious, envious, hateful, ungrateful and greedy which are inherently bad traits to have.

Therefore they are inherently evil with capacity to do good and be good by general human standards.

• People are nasty creatures who will exploit every opportunity to better themselves and shit on you. Proof?

www.independent.co.uk/.../...al-bill-a8064676.html

• Somewhat. Charities never have a cut off date and foodbanks never have to reject donations. Still they exist but if we were all inherently good, we wouldn't need police.

• No, I believe that people are inherently selfish.

• Kind a

• I think most are but considering Nazi Germany is a part of history class I think you can answer that question.

• No people are not most do good cause if they didn't they would go to jail

• The vast majority of people are actually good😊👍👍

• If you had ever watched the news even once in your life you would know that humans are inherently evil

• I always look for the good in people first but the truth is clearly no they're not

• No..

• Some yes some no. I don't think ISIS people are good

• yeahnahhh... in kiwi no perhaps. I gues we evolved to be more of social creatures you see? so helping others ( in our own way) generally feels good you see. but im not to surs

• Good and evil in essence are states of mind. Governed simply by circumstance. The very nature of good and evil as society knows it, is an illusion... a human construct.

• Everyone has a combination of good and evil, just depends how much

• Yes.

• No humanity is selfish most people help to gain something

• No, I think morality is an illusion. Use ethics.

• Hell to the no

• Every human being is good inside. But they change their mindset depending upon their motive n greed.

• It's a nice sentiment but I'm not sure ted bundy or the btk killer or any like them could ever be classed as good at all. That being said I do believe most people are good

• I agree with u too. There are some undeveloped brains too.. they lack in thinking logically. So every kid should be brought up in a happy environment. They should be taught moral values and make them understand not to harm anyone until they learn the essence. Still there will be few who can never be changed :)

• Exactly right

• No , being good hearted is unique nowadays , people like gossip and shit more

• Nobody is inherently good. We are born selfish creatures. Good and evil are learned traits.

• Nop, i think it depents heavely on the environment they grow up

• No we can do great things for each other and we can do horrible things as well.

• I am good and hope u are the same with me 😉

• Yes i believe so

• More from Guys
    5

What Girls Said 17

• Incentives alone resonate the truth about the self-interest people manifest. People are inherently inclined to do things that yield to personal gain, with regard to ethics or with disregard thereof.

People present themselves to be good when it benefits them. Presenting themselves to conform is inherent to people, which is customarily interpreted as a good thing primarily because it entails lesser risks than behaving in a deviant fashion that might lead to people ousting you from society.

• No, I don't. I think people in the time we are in have lost sight on what it makes to have a compassionate soul

• I'm sure I'll get horribly chewed out for this, but I don't particularly give a crap. If you're an atheist or are easily offended by other people's beliefs, keep scrolling, cuz this comment is not for you. Or, hey, stick around and read. Maybe you'll learn something new, eh? 😉

People are NOT inherently good. At. All. We naturally gravitate towards evil, due to a little something called sin nature. That's not to say that people can't be good or do good. There is plenty of good in the world. However, saying that people can be "born good" is laughable. There you have it, the cold, hard truth. Don' t like it? Don't worry, I'm sure most people won't.

• Yes definitely!

• Yes. I think upbringing, education and experience is what corrupts us.

• Yes I believe people are good. Sometimes I meet people who flourish their bad sides but then I meet good people again and I know that life is worth living.

• some are

• We are born innocent but learn through life to be good or bad.

• No. But it can be learned

• Actually, yeah. It's being close to other people that makes humans bad.

• Nope.

• Maybe and Maybe not that is all continent upon an individuals definition of what is good. Is goodness decided by an individual or the society that they live in?

• Unfortunately, to a fault I do. I always feel like people are good... But I'm proven wrong every day.

• No they're not. Good behavior, right and wrong should be taught

• Yesss

• Mostly yes I do actually. There are unfortunately some that ruin it though.

• people learn to be good