Do you believe people are inherently good?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• No. There is too much ugliness in the world for me to believe there's inherent goodness in humanity. Self-interest is the hallmark of mankind. When there are huge humanitarian acts, I suspect it's not primarily motivated by doing "the right thing" but rather satisfying one's ego by doing it.

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Incentives alone resonate the truth about the self-interest people manifest. People are inherently inclined to do things that yield to personal gain, with regard to ethics or with disregard thereof.

People present themselves to be good when it benefits them. Presenting themselves to conform is inherent to people, which is customarily interpreted as a good thing primarily because it entails lesser risks than behaving in a deviant fashion that might lead to people ousting you from society.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 34

• People are nasty creatures who will exploit every opportunity to better themselves and shit on you. Proof?

www.independent.co.uk/.../...al-bill-a8064676.html

0|1
    0|0
  • Not one bit. According to general humans standards of what is "good" then yes the immense majority of people are "good". But good before God giid means to be morally perfect.

Humans are inherently selfish, prideful, rebellious, envious, hateful, ungrateful and greedy which are inherently bad traits to have.

Therefore they are inherently evil with capacity to do good and be good by general human standards.

0|0
    0|0
  • not at all. people are inherently opportunistic, egoistic and antisocial. you gotta socialize them in a way that makes them compatible with society first.

1|0
    0|0
  • yeahnahhh... in kiwi no perhaps. I gues we evolved to be more of social creatures you see? so helping others ( in our own way) generally feels good you see. but im not to surs

0|0
    0|0
  • Somewhat. Charities never have a cut off date and foodbanks never have to reject donations. Still they exist but if we were all inherently good, we wouldn't need police.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good and evil in essence are states of mind. Governed simply by circumstance. The very nature of good and evil as society knows it, is an illusion... a human construct.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think most are but considering Nazi Germany is a part of history class I think you can answer that question.

0|0
    0|0
  • If you had ever watched the news even once in your life you would know that humans are inherently evil

0|1
    0|0
  • No humanity is selfish most people help to gain something

0|1
    0|0
  • No people are not most do good cause if they didn't they would go to jail

1|1
    0|0
  • The vast majority of people are actually good😊👍👍

1|0
    0|0
  • Some yes some no. I don't think ISIS people are good

0|0
    0|0
  • Every human being is good inside. But they change their mindset depending upon their motive n greed.

0|0
    0|0
    • It's a nice sentiment but I'm not sure ted bundy or the btk killer or any like them could ever be classed as good at all. That being said I do believe most people are good

• I agree with u too. There are some undeveloped brains too.. they lack in thinking logically. So every kid should be brought up in a happy environment. They should be taught moral values and make them understand not to harm anyone until they learn the essence. Still there will be few who can never be changed :)

• Exactly right

• No , being good hearted is unique nowadays , people like gossip and shit more

0|0
    0|0
  • I always look for the good in people first but the truth is clearly no they're not

0|1
    0|0
  • Nobody is inherently good. We are born selfish creatures. Good and evil are learned traits.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nop, i think it depents heavely on the environment they grow up

0|0
    0|0
  • No we can do great things for each other and we can do horrible things as well.

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone has a combination of good and evil, just depends how much

0|0
    0|0
  • It's possible.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I believe that people are inherently selfish.

1|1
    0|0
  • Far from... Far, far from. lol

1|1
    0|0
  • Hell to the no

0|1
    0|0
  • Kind a

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • No..

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes i believe so

0|0
    0|1
  • I am good and hope u are the same with me 😉

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes that is true

0|0
    0|1
  • No, I think morality is an illusion. Use ethics.

0|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 17

• Maybe and Maybe not that is all continent upon an individuals definition of what is good. Is goodness decided by an individual or the society that they live in?

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm sure I'll get horribly chewed out for this, but I don't particularly give a crap. If you're an atheist or are easily offended by other people's beliefs, keep scrolling, cuz this comment is not for you. Or, hey, stick around and read. Maybe you'll learn something new, eh? 😉

People are NOT inherently good. At. All. We naturally gravitate towards evil, due to a little something called sin nature. That's not to say that people can't be good or do good. There is plenty of good in the world. However, saying that people can be "born good" is laughable. There you have it, the cold, hard truth. Don' t like it? Don't worry, I'm sure most people won't.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, I don't. I think people in the time we are in have lost sight on what it makes to have a compassionate soul

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes I believe people are good. Sometimes I meet people who flourish their bad sides but then I meet good people again and I know that life is worth living.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes. I think upbringing, education and experience is what corrupts us.

0|0
    0|1
  • We are born innocent but learn through life to be good or bad.

0|0
    0|0
  • Unfortunately, to a fault I do. I always feel like people are good... But I'm proven wrong every day.

0|0
    0|0
  • Actually, yeah. It's being close to other people that makes humans bad.

0|0
    0|1
  • No they're not. Good behavior, right and wrong should be taught

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes definitely!

0|0
    0|0
  • some are

0|0
    0|0
  • No. But it can be learned

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yesss

0|0
    0|1
  • Mostly yes I do actually. There are unfortunately some that ruin it though.

0|0
    0|0
  • people learn to be good

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes