How do you deal with your anxiety/depression?

• Therapy
    Vote A
  • Self Help Books
    Vote B
  • This Site
    Vote C
  • Family/Friends
    Vote D
  • I don't
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• I have GAD and usually therapy helps, they teach me to manage it along side medication (as a temporary relief from major anxiety). Other than that I try and channel that anxiety into adrenaline and focus on more positive, productive things that will distract me from whatever is causing me anxiety.

For depression generally look up to role models on youtube that are in a similar situation as I, thats always motivational

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I keep my mind occupied. I don't allow thoughts to creep into my head. I'll even pretend I'm having a conversation with someone that isn't there at the moment, just to keep bad thoughts from creeping into my head. I can't even sit there with just music on. Music gets put into the background by my brain and thoughts start creeping in. I can't sleep without something on. Can't be the TB being drowned into the background, can't be music. It has to be something I am genuinely interested in that my brain can focus on until I fall asleep. And I used to give other people advice to just not let the thoughts happen. But that's not dealing with it. That's avoiding it. That being said, I do think it's a good idea to keep your mind occupied when you have depression. Just make sure you take some time to deal with the actual issue.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 28

• Rn I'm a little depressed because sick (again), I'm going to make hot herb tea brew 🍵with chamomile to relax, at least the the tiredness from sickness makes me think less...
    When I'm just depressed and I can't stop thinking then I try to find a distraction like music, take a shower, manicure, shopping, talk or go out with friends

2|1
    0|0
  • My answer isn't on here - I deal with it through prayer and meditation

0|0
    0|0
  • self help books, therapy, long walks, good music, just being by myself and writing and then ripping out those papers of anger that I wrote to just forgive and let go

0|0
    0|0
  • How on Earth can you not have medication as an option?

0|0
    0|0
  • I buy Kratom extract from the stoner shop and it goes away

0|0
    0|0
  • Sex is an amazing depression solution, works every time.

0|0
    0|1
  • Singing, drawing, writing and doing things I love to keep my mind off of it.

0|0
    0|0
  • By spending time with people who are actually important to me, like friends and family

0|0
    0|0
  • This site.

0|0
    0|0
  • Therapy and medication.

1|1
    0|0
  • Self motivation!

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm on medication

0|1
    0|2
  • music.

2|0
    0|0
  • The only thing thar really worked were pills.

0|0
    0|0
  • Logical thinking, self motivation and my bff.

0|0
    0|0
  • Usually family and friends :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I kind of just suffer with it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Meds.

0|0
    0|3
  • I just suffer through it

0|0
    0|0
  • I try to ignore it but it never works

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 37

• Meds, talking to friends, writing about it and soon therapy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Started writing an anonymous blog. I've always found thst I dealt with my issues better by listening to other problems. My subconscious focused on me whilst I focused on someone else. Recently life went up the crapper and I started a blog. I don't structre what I write i literally just let it flow. I have about 100 people who read it now and it helps me knowing people are in the same boat and that I'm helping people at the same time as helping myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Working out was my cure and still to this day works for me

0|0
    0|0
  • I just try my best to do what I really feel it needs to be done, and since I started living like that, basically trying to follow my heart, I'm rarely ever anxious, though well, I am often sad...

0|0
    0|0
  • anyone who has actually has had real Depression knows you do not 'deal' with it

Instead, it 'deals' with you

1|0
    0|1
    • Exactly. You don't deal with it. It gets rid of you when it decides it's done with you.

• I think supplements and medication would be more useful than any of the choices you listed.

0|0
    0|0
  • Fun people good vibes meditation oh and a WHOLE LOT of CANNABIS😁

0|0
    0|0
  • Just 100% on your dreams and goals and you won't have no time at all to feel depress or have anxiety. 😎

0|0
    0|0
  • im not quite sure its something thats a pain i hate dealing with social anxiety i can't do it i can't beginning to fathum how i would

0|0
    0|0
  • Drugs. Prescribed ones. That's a stopgap until I have time for therapy to deal with my underlying issues.

0|0
    0|1
  • Therapy and venting to people. And occasionally numbing it with video games.

0|0
    0|0
  • I listen to music and drink beer.
    Otherwise I just suffer.

0|0
    0|0
  • by not talking about it and being stupid than smarter

0|0
    0|0
  • I tell jokes, making people laugh makes me feel a lot better

0|0
    0|0
  • Therapy, unless in some twisted way you prefer that

0|0
    0|0
  • I meditate. Really. Helps all the time.

0|1
    0|0
  • by hitting the gym and lifting heavy weights

0|1
    0|0
  • Smoke weed brother

1|1
    0|0
  • Music

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys