How do you deal with your anxiety/depression?

• Therapy
  • Self Help Books
  • This Site
    Vote C
  • Family/Friends
    Vote D
  • I don't
    Vote E

2938

Most Helpful Girl

• I have GAD and usually therapy helps, they teach me to manage it along side medication (as a temporary relief from major anxiety). Other than that I try and channel that anxiety into adrenaline and focus on more positive, productive things that will distract me from whatever is causing me anxiety.

For depression generally look up to role models on youtube that are in a similar situation as I, thats always motivational

Most Helpful Guy

• I keep my mind occupied. I don't allow thoughts to creep into my head. I'll even pretend I'm having a conversation with someone that isn't there at the moment, just to keep bad thoughts from creeping into my head. I can't even sit there with just music on. Music gets put into the background by my brain and thoughts start creeping in. I can't sleep without something on. Can't be the TB being drowned into the background, can't be music. It has to be something I am genuinely interested in that my brain can focus on until I fall asleep. And I used to give other people advice to just not let the thoughts happen. But that's not dealing with it. That's avoiding it. That being said, I do think it's a good idea to keep your mind occupied when you have depression. Just make sure you take some time to deal with the actual issue.