How do you deal with your anxiety/depression?

• Therapy
  • Self Help Books
  • This Site
    Vote C
  • Family/Friends
    Vote D
  • I don't
    Vote E

2938

Most Helpful Girl

• Rn I'm a little depressed because sick (again), I'm going to make hot herb tea brew 🍵with chamomile to relax, at least the the tiredness from sickness makes me think less...
    When I'm just depressed and I can't stop thinking then I try to find a distraction like music, take a shower, manicure, shopping, talk or go out with friends

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 28

• I have GAD and usually therapy helps, they teach me to manage it along side medication (as a temporary relief from major anxiety). Other than that I try and channel that anxiety into adrenaline and focus on more positive, productive things that will distract me from whatever is causing me anxiety.

For depression generally look up to role models on youtube that are in a similar situation as I, thats always motivational

• Therapy and medication.

• I'm on medication

• Usually family and friends :)

• I kind of just suffer with it.

• This site.

• Self motivation!

• self help books, therapy, long walks, good music, just being by myself and writing and then ripping out those papers of anger that I wrote to just forgive and let go

• The only thing thar really worked were pills.

• music.

• How on Earth can you not have medication as an option?

• My answer isn't on here - I deal with it through prayer and meditation

• Logical thinking, self motivation and my bff.

• I buy Kratom extract from the stoner shop and it goes away

• Meds.

• I just suffer through it

• Singing, drawing, writing and doing things I love to keep my mind off of it.

• I just live through the crisis I guess

• I try to ignore it but it never works

• Sex is an amazing depression solution, works every time.

• By spending time with people who are actually important to me, like friends and family

• therapy and self help books

• Therapy... but only recently... when you start thinking about death more than you should... it’s time to get some help... -_-

• I DO NORT KNEEN HELP!!
    I CAN DO IT MYELF!

I wait till it just goes away.

• I talk to therapist, take medicine, talk to friends, and watch tvs.

• All of the above, and medication, plus exercise, eating right, meditation, prayer, having a pet, positive self talk, many hobbies, not working as much.

• I talk to my boyfriend. I talk to my friends. I talk to my family.

I keep myself busy and try new things. I rest. I relax. I try not to spend too much time inside my own head.

• Im pretty shy with people so i dont think i could go to therapist or psychologist... But when i tried to talk with someone i knew, they will only said that i was tired, i need to rest, took vacations etc. So yeah, i just keep quite about it.

What Guys Said 37

• Meds, talking to friends, writing about it and soon therapy.

• I keep my mind occupied. I don't allow thoughts to creep into my head. I'll even pretend I'm having a conversation with someone that isn't there at the moment, just to keep bad thoughts from creeping into my head. I can't even sit there with just music on. Music gets put into the background by my brain and thoughts start creeping in. I can't sleep without something on. Can't be the TB being drowned into the background, can't be music. It has to be something I am genuinely interested in that my brain can focus on until I fall asleep. And I used to give other people advice to just not let the thoughts happen. But that's not dealing with it. That's avoiding it. That being said, I do think it's a good idea to keep your mind occupied when you have depression. Just make sure you take some time to deal with the actual issue.

• I think supplements and medication would be more useful than any of the choices you listed.

• I meditate. Really. Helps all the time.

• anyone who has actually has had real Depression knows you do not 'deal' with it

Instead, it 'deals' with you

• Exactly. You don't deal with it. It gets rid of you when it decides it's done with you.

• Working out was my cure and still to this day works for me

• Started writing an anonymous blog. I've always found thst I dealt with my issues better by listening to other problems. My subconscious focused on me whilst I focused on someone else. Recently life went up the crapper and I started a blog. I don't structre what I write i literally just let it flow. I have about 100 people who read it now and it helps me knowing people are in the same boat and that I'm helping people at the same time as helping myself.

• Just 100% on your dreams and goals and you won't have no time at all to feel depress or have anxiety. 😎

• im not quite sure its something thats a pain i hate dealing with social anxiety i can't do it i can't beginning to fathum how i would

• I just try my best to do what I really feel it needs to be done, and since I started living like that, basically trying to follow my heart, I'm rarely ever anxious, though well, I am often sad...

• by hitting the gym and lifting heavy weights

• Medications and Therapy and some friends on here.

• Music

• Dance it out

• Therapy and venting to people. And occasionally numbing it with video games.

• I watch Youtube.

• This website

• I did not, just lived.

• Pot. Reading. Music.

• Therapy, unless in some twisted way you prefer that

• Smoke weed brother

• I listen to music and drink beer.
    Otherwise I just suffer.

• Music music & music hahaha

• i don't

• Drugs. Prescribed ones. That's a stopgap until I have time for therapy to deal with my underlying issues.

• I tell jokes, making people laugh makes me feel a lot better

• i write in my not-at-all-a-diary notebook

• Therapy. Drug therapy, not the cheesy kind.

• by not talking about it and being stupid than smarter

• Fun people good vibes meditation oh and a WHOLE LOT of CANNABIS😁

• More from Guys
    7