Do you ever sometimes say 'see ya' or 'see you later' to someone you know you will never see again?

I catch myself saying that sometimes out of habit even though i know i won't see them ever again. Do you ever sometimes say 'see ya' or 'see you later' to someone you know you will never see again?

• Yes i say that all the time to people i know i won't see again
    Vote A
  • Yes i do say that sometimes
    Vote B
  • I do say that to people i know i won't see again but rarely
    Vote C
  • I only say it to people i WILL see again
    Vote D
  • I never say any of those phrases when i say goodbye to someone
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|2

Most Helpful Girl

• I just say it in general. You may never know if you will or won't. That's just life. You may think it will never happen only to find out you do or did at some point. The world may be vast, but it's called a small world for a reason.

0|0
    0|0
    • you never know but in my case im in a huge city, so it is very very unlikely. and even if i did, i doubt i'd even recognize them the next time i ever saw them

• Show All
    • like just to give you perspective, im a lyft driver and i have almost 2500 rides since i started drving. Of all of those i only ever ran into the same person again twice. Just did the math, thats like a.08% chance lol. yeah its extremely rare.

• That would make sense. But if you desire to connect you would still like to form some type of relationship with them. But than again, you work in a somewhat demanding job.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, every.. single.. time.. and I almost always get that awkward look afterwards.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 22

• I used to, but I make a point of not saying it anymore. I try not to use that parting phrase in general. I've replaced it with "Bye! Have a good rest of your day/evening". I think that one's a better, more personable close to a conversation.

0|1
    0|0
  • I am quite self conscious and tend to analyze everything I say or the others say, so when I say see ya it is only because I think that we're going to meet again

2|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes out of habit.. but most of the people I say it to, I will see later. Although sometimes, I switch into work mode and say have a nice day to everyone lol

1|1
    0|0
    • Lmao, this reminds me of when I used to work at a Dunkin Donuts. (I'm a chronic door holder, constantly holding doors open for people) I got so used to the rapid succession of people at the window when I would be out in public and hold a door for someone, when they said "Thank you", without missing a beat I would fire back with "You're Welcome! and thank you! Have a nice day!" because it was so ingrained in my head. People would give me the weirdest looks, it cracked me up!

• Show All
    • I usually say "have a nice day at school/work" or "have fun during your trip/holidays" or "enjoy your meal" to friends in English when I want to say something more caring than just byebye but I realize now that it can be mistaken as acting formal... Thank you

• No problem. XD I mean, if I were your friend, I don't think I'd mind too much. Just do what you feel is best.

• I do because its my way of being polite. Also about 98% of the time when I laugh - I do it to be polite or to express happiness rather than because I'm amused. I'm very picky and almost never laugh at anything.

0|1
    0|0
  • I say it out of habit toto
    โ€œiโ€™ll catch you laterโ€
    โ€œiโ€™ll see you laterโ€

0|1
    0|0
  • I say see you later because I eventually will see them again. Bye means I dont see you again.

0|1
    0|0

• I sometimes say โ€œsee you aroundโ€. More as an indication of you never know if you will actually run into another person or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes. You always meet people twice in your life.

0|1
    0|0
  • For being polite you've to say it.
    But when I know I don't won't see again I usually say "nice to meet you, maybe we see each other over there bye"

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes, I wonder if it's my brain wanting to see them again :')

0|1
    0|0
  • Sometimes I do yes ๐Ÿ˜‚ itโ€™s funny when people do that heard it many times.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, someone could be going on a one way trip to Mars and I'll say see you later.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes and can you answer my question I want a guys perspective. its on my page. thanks

0|1
    0|0
  • All the time at work.

0|1
    0|0
  • See ya, Toad.

0|1
    0|0
  • I only say it to people I should see again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Same, I say it out of habit. See ya @Toad-1!

0|1
    0|0
  • I do that sometimes.

0|1
    0|0
  • I usually just say "Bye"

0|1
    0|0
  • I only say that to people I know I will see again.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, can't say I do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah out of habit

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 15

• I'd always see see ya or toodles to people in work for a bit of a laugh, never say bye something I developed with my mam years ago. Bye always has a level of permanence about it and you never know when or if you'll see someone again... it does sound funny when you go abroad though!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

0|1
    0|0
  • Seems more polite and natural to say than "Goodbye forever!"

0|2
    0|0
  • It seems like we do!! That made me laugh! Ah well, see ya

0|1
    0|0
  • I say it to pretty much everyone whether or not I expect to see them again one day.

0|1
    0|0
  • Oh of course
    Cause you never know when you'll randomly see them again lol it happens

oddly it really does hahha. Rare but does

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah I do sometimes and it really annoys me as soon as I realise I just said it.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yes i say that all the time to people i know i won't see again.

0|1
    0|0
  • I generally say 'see ya' even if I won't see them again.

0|1
    0|0
  • I save my goodbyes for people I don't think I'll see again

0|1
    0|0
  • It's just force of habit.

0|1
    0|0
  • On occasion.

0|1
    0|0
  • I only say it to people i WILL see again