Do you ever sometimes say 'see ya' or 'see you later' to someone you know you will never see again?

I catch myself saying that sometimes out of habit even though i know i won't see them ever again. Do you ever sometimes say 'see ya' or 'see you later' to someone you know you will never see again?

• Yes i say that all the time to people i know i won't see again
  • Yes i do say that sometimes
  • I do say that to people i know i won't see again but rarely
    Vote C
  • I only say it to people i WILL see again
    Vote D
  • I never say any of those phrases when i say goodbye to someone
    Vote E

2316

Most Helpful Girl

• I just say it in general. You may never know if you will or won't. That's just life. You may think it will never happen only to find out you do or did at some point. The world may be vast, but it's called a small world for a reason.

• you never know but in my case im in a huge city, so it is very very unlikely. and even if i did, i doubt i'd even recognize them the next time i ever saw them

• like just to give you perspective, im a lyft driver and i have almost 2500 rides since i started drving. Of all of those i only ever ran into the same person again twice. Just did the math, thats like a.08% chance lol. yeah its extremely rare.

• That would make sense. But if you desire to connect you would still like to form some type of relationship with them. But than again, you work in a somewhat demanding job.

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, every.. single.. time.. and I almost always get that awkward look afterwards.