Do you look your age?

I just turned 30 on the 10th and I still get carded everywhere. I even had a cashier not want to ring me up at Walgreens because it was during school hours and she thought I was cutting class! Granted I did have I bookbag on, but it had my laptop in it. I don't think I look that young.

• Yes
  • No

3840

Most Helpful Guy

• People have thought I'm older than I actually am ever since I was 13-14. When I was 16 more than once people thought I was around 25-26 :D

Most Helpful Girl

• I think my age is finally catching up with me. But everyone thinks I’m in my early to mid 20’s. One of my patients asked if I was out of school. I asked her what she meant and she thought I was in high school 🤣🤣

What Guys Said 39

• No. It's a running joke. When I ask people how old I am (or, when my girl asks people to guess, which is a game she enjoys playing), they *always* give a number between 28-32. I'll be 48 next month.

• despite being 35 and balding people still seem shocked that i'm older than 25. i definitely get carded all the time. i feel like i have a young face but figure the balding should be a dead give away that i'm older

• I look a few years younger than my age, partly because I'm skinny and therefore have a thinner face than I would if I were heavier.

My oldest cousin is 20 years older than me and we've met lots of people who assume, somewhat to their embrassment, that she is my mother.

• You kind of look my age tbh. Tho I still get carded almost all the time. I think I got away with it only once.

• No, I look a lot older. I've been able to get beer without getting carded for a while. even when I was 14 I didn't get carded to get into rated R movies, or to get cigarettes (sometimes).

• I look around 25-26 apparently, I have always looked younger than I am but I prefer it now I'm older, hated it for getting alcohol and getting into clubs in my teens. My mate is 27 and has been mistaken for his 26 yo gf's dad on two occasions in the last 3 years, she would still pass for 20ish. My wife looks early 20's but is hitting 31 in a couple of months. :D

• From the profile photo i would say you look much younger than 30. Happy birthday by the way.
    Not a very good example here but am turning 34 in few months have a very thick beard and bulked body and almost every time i buy alcohol the ask me for my card and it drives me nuts. I do understand the feeling and it sucks. You are not alone friend :(

• Thank you! And yes, I'll always get carded. Even if I'm with a group of people, they won't always ask for everyone's ID but I'll def have to show mine lol. It's the cheeks, I know it.

• Hahahah it's always the cheeks , god damn cheeks. Tried to cover them with the beard still get busted. On the other side it's kinda had a positive message that we take care of our skin and we look good ''young'' We are hot.

• I think i do.

• Still pretty much look the same as my profile picture.

• I'd say I do.

• I’m confused most people say I don’t I’m 26

• People say I look 10 years younger and I do sometimes get hit on by jailbait.
    Life is hard for us baby faced.

• People should all get carded if the place is doing their job right

• I tend to look younger than my age :D

• I look 5-10 years younger.

• I could get into bats at 17 without getting ID’d, I can pass for 25-30 now no problem

• One week ago the cashier asked me for my ID when I tried to buy some beer. I am 19 fucking years old -.- so no, I don´t think so. At least not for all.

• Honestly yeah I do

• Happy bd. my bd was a month ago and I look old :(

• No, I'm often asked for ID, then they see I'm 29 and are like "is this a fake ID?" It's hilarious

• Nope. I'm over 30 and get asked for my Id consistently. I'd rather look younger tbh

• I look 18 that's what people tell me

• I look younger

• I apparently look a few years younger than i am.

• Older than my age.

• I look like 15.

• I look older lol
    It's been a hard life!

• I am 38. I look-21-25's. Really.

• Apparently, I look about 5 to 10 years younger than my actual age of 30.

• No i'm turning 21 next month and people thinks i'm like 24 , when with a beard people think i'm 27

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 37

• I turned 35 this past Tuesday. I'm a tour guide in Savannah GA; most of my guests assume that I'm a SCAD student. The highest they ever guess is 26, and when I tell them, they always tell me that they were shooting high with their guess because they knew I had to be much older by prompting them to guess in the first place. Most people think that I'm about 23, and that my 28 year old sister is 35+.

I also think it's funny that she has spent her entire life tanning, dying her hair, and gobbing on makeup; I never wear makeup, or go in the sun, and haven't dyed my hair since the second time I did so back in high-school. It's been proven that doing these things can age your skin faster, and dry out your hair making it look dull and brittle.

• Did you mean you don't go in the sun much? I think is proven that the sun damages skin. I guess people want to "look good" while young and look worse past 30.

• If I were you I'd look into those cheap houses. Where I live you'd need 5-600k to think about buying a house. There's no money in it.

• I'm trying to get out of the city to one of the adjacent counties. I don't mind the commute, I'd rather have land and more privacy. I'm just going to buy a band new mobile home and put it right in the middle of an acre.

• Nope. People always think I’m older.

I had just started a new job and a guy came in, clearly stressed, his kids were running around like maniacs and destroying things. As I made his order I tried to cheer him up a little. I said “kids are a blessing eh?” And he sighed and said “oh I know. How many have you got?”.
    Given what I said, I could understand the commend so I smiled and said “I don’t have any”
    He replied “really? A woman of your age?”

My fake smile dropped and I said “sir how old do you think I am?”
    “Um... 32?”
    “Sir, I’m 17.”

We didn’t speak the rest of the transaction.

I’m rarely ID’d. I was buying alcohol when I was 15. I’ve never had your problem.

• Lol oh wow. He pretty much doubled your age!

• Yup! I’m constantly being estimated in my mid thirties and I’ve only recently turned 25...

That said, most people say I sound like a teenager on the phone.

• Nope. I got asked to sign up for monthly donations to Scope (a charity) the other day and then the dude stopped and looked me up and down, stared for a second then asked how old I am. I told him I'm 21 and he said 'hmm, I think you're a little too young to sign up right now but go home, look at the website and show your family'. Like... what? 😂😂😂 Dude must think I'm like 16 or something.

• You definitely don’t look like your age Char! Completely younger and Happy belated Birthday. I’ve been mistaken as a 16 year old many times 😕 it’s frustrating and annoying

• It depends on where I am and how I dress. In the city I study in, I never ever get carded, even if I wear sweats and zero makeup. When I visit my family in Germany though, I always get asked for my ID, unless I'm dressed up and have my hair and makeup done.

• I get mistaken for a high schooler. Sometimes even a middle schooler.

Also on a side note, you don’t look 30! I remember thinking you were my age based on looks alone. You have a very young looking face!

• I'm 36 and I get carded all the time. Now I know some places aren't carding me because they think i'm 21 but they think i'm close enough to not be sure which makes me feel good.

• Honestly, I have no idea. Everyone in my life looks young for their age... but then again, I get mistaken for a middle aged wife and mother all the time. People ask me how my kids are. It’s getting a little offensive.

• I guess so. One cassier sold me two bottles of wodka once tho and didn´t ask for any idea. I assume she thought I was a college student or she just didn´t wear her glasses

• Nope i'd guess younger for sure :)
    Hope you had a good birthday!

• I'll be 30 soon... and I look younger... And even though it might sound fun, it can be very frustrating - especially during job interviews...

• Probably... maybe older.

• Not really. I've got baby face. I look like a tired 14 year old most days.

• People have thought thay I am a teacher. 🤦 One time a man at the store came up to me and asked me where I teach. I'm 16.

• I dunno, some people tell me I look my age, other people tell me I look 12.

• I look younger

• People think my grandson is my child and he's three.

• Yes, I fear I do, possibly even a few years older, having teenagers has that affect on you...

• I thought I did but then some people think I’m younger, others think I’m older. I’m confused lol

• I’ve gotten mixed answers. Some say I look my age and that I’m just short as’f, while others say I look about 3-4 years younger than my age.

• Nah. People think I look a lot older then I am. I've had many people mistake me for my brother's mother.

• I mean, to be fair, I often do pick him up from school when my mum and dad can't or don't want to. I had some kid at his school run up to me and call me "Raymond's Mum". It was very awkward. I told him that I'm his big sister.

• People have also mistaken my little sister for me and my girlfriend's daughter. Despite the fact that we're only two years older than her. She's just tiny and childlike. (She's 146cm, compared to me, being 170cm)

• Nope. I'm 22 and people say I look 16 or 17. I went to buy a bottle of tequila once and the cashier almost called the cops because he thought my ID was fake. I legit get carded ANYWHERE I go.

• I look like 16, I’m not 16.

• Happy late birthday! I get accused of being like 15, it’s not our fault our faces are youthful

• Idek. I think so.

• No I look younger than my age.

• No. According to people, I've been looking like I was 20 for the past ten years, lol.

• When I was a kid I looked older, got into bars at 16. Now people think I'm 30. Pretty cool

• in person people have thought I’m older then 16 when I was 15 lol, online a lot of people have many compliments on how old I look lol

• i look 29-30. Which is fine by me

• More from Girls
    7