Do you look your age?

I just turned 30 on the 10th and I still get carded everywhere. I even had a cashier not want to ring me up at Walgreens because it was during school hours and she thought I was cutting class! Granted I did have I bookbag on, but it had my laptop in it. I don't think I look that young.
  • Yes
  • No

4040

Most Helpful Guy

• No. It's a running joke. When I ask people how old I am (or, when my girl asks people to guess, which is a game she enjoys playing), they *always* give a number between 28-32. I'll be 48 next month.

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope. People always think I’m older.

I had just started a new job and a guy came in, clearly stressed, his kids were running around like maniacs and destroying things. As I made his order I tried to cheer him up a little. I said “kids are a blessing eh?” And he sighed and said “oh I know. How many have you got?”.
    Given what I said, I could understand the commend so I smiled and said “I don’t have any”
    He replied “really? A woman of your age?”

My fake smile dropped and I said “sir how old do you think I am?”
    “Um... 32?”
    “Sir, I’m 17.”

We didn’t speak the rest of the transaction.

I’m rarely ID’d. I was buying alcohol when I was 15. I’ve never had your problem.

• Lol oh wow. He pretty much doubled your age!

• Yup! I’m constantly being estimated in my mid thirties and I’ve only recently turned 25...

That said, most people say I sound like a teenager on the phone.