Atheists of GaG, what are views on meditation?

Do you practice it? Would you consider practicing it?

1227

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't practice it. I've once tried Tai Chi but it hasn't really given me anything. I've also tried Yoga and it hasn't given me anything either. Supposedly they should make you feel calmer and peaceful inside but to me it just felt like a waste of time. But in principle, I have nothing against it. I don't really view mediation in a religious light and if it helps you to start better into your day, there's no reason not to do it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to do it when I took karate. When I stopped I kinda fell out of the habit of doing it.

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • Did it feel any different when you stopped meditating, than when you were meditating?

• I honestly can’t remember, it’s been a long time since then. Sometimes I think about starting it up again when I feel stressed. I also thought about using the practice to improve my posture.