How would you react if you received this message on your phone?

How would you react if you received this message on your phone?Instead of Hawaii, pretend it said your state or country.

Turns out it was a complete accident, but yeahhh O. O

0|2

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh I’d be pretty shaken if it came up as emergency services. We get them once a year or so for bushfires and we’ve had a few floods so affected areas get the “watch and wait” or “watch and act” or “evacuate” messages. If they were the same ones saying a missile was headed for us I wouldn’t take it as a joke, I’d just freak the fuck out

1|3
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I would grab my wife and seek immediate shelter ;-). Once there, I'd try to call/text my family members and friends to do the same. We're actually very lucky in Switzerland because we're the only country where the government is required (and requires) to provide nuclear shelter for every single inhabitant. That's a policy from the Cold War, when a nuclear attack seemed fairly likely. So whether you live in a house or an apartment, there's usually a neighborhood nuclear shelter within 3-5 minutes of walking. They're not homely but they are underground and they have air filters and reinforced concrete walls and doors.

I would probably also grab our iodine pills from the bathroom, which the government has sent us for the case of a Tchernobyl-type scenario with one of our nuclear power plants (they help against the radiation and prevent you from feeling very sick).

0|2
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 17

• We have a shelter in our apartment buildings basement, so I would probably just run downstairs immidiately. I'd rather be safe than sorry.

0|1
    0|0
  • Scared feeling '~'
    I was already worrying before when new told about North Korea, day after it was rainy and one strong thunder sounded like an explosion...
    Drill = fake alarm for training? Ty I don't know it before

3|1
    0|0
  • I would google it. (bc I would think my phone might be hacked) but then I'd freak the fuck out and call all my family and tell them to get to safety just encase.

0|1
    0|0
  • With missles you wanna seek rual places and I'm nowhere near them, I'll check online, pack a bag and perhaps go to one of the old castles or walk into the countryside

0|1
    0|0
  • Freak out! I guess evacuate with family and get in a boat/ship and sail away from the threat making sure we had enough food/water in the meantime

0|1
    0|0
  • Give my pets the best last day of their lives and wait for death.

1|1
    0|0
  • Freak the fuck out. I'd call my dad and ask him what I should do.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd have a heart attack and run to find my kids. Then hug them so damn tight.

0|1
    0|0
  • Puts head between legs & kisses ass goodbye. LOL hahaha

0|1
    0|0
  • I would think it was fake

0|3
    0|1
  • I'd take a nap.

0|1
    0|0
  • Call my mom

0|1
    0|0
  • Prey and wait death

0|1
    0|0
  • Prepare to die. lol there's no other option

0|1
    0|0
  • i'd run to a cave

0|1
    0|0
  • I'll go catch a plane and leave.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wonder what the hell's up with that & ignore it.

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 29

• I would ignore it to be honest, I wouldn't believe it for a second. Besides which, if such a missile were to come this way it would probably be nuclear and so it's like trying to outrun fresh air. Fuck it. I'll just carry on with my business and hope for the best.

1|2
    0|0
  • ya think about that for a second now... this wasn't a hacker or soothing or spam messages

this was the official state of Hawaii accidentally triggering an alert message to all users with cell phones
    what? wait a second... they can do that?

wow... well then...

0|1
    0|0
    • They know everything..

• Show All
    • Your country regularly tells you you're about to be bombed? Damn where u live?

• @johnboymuscles no I live in a country with severe weather conditions. We’re kept up to date about when we need to be packed and ready, then when to actually evacuate so if our houses get burnt down or flooded emergency services don’t have to risk their lives saving our stupid arses.

• I would lose my fucking mind gather all the food & water then head to my grandad house (he lives in the middle of nowhere like 30mins away) I live in a VERY VERY rural (country) area so we wouldn't most likely be a target

0|1
    0|0
  • I would go to a basement and stay on the floor, assuming the alarm gives you about 5 mins to prepare for impact. Actually I would grab important documents which are in a backpack already done, water and nonperishable consumables, then head down.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would Google search it to see if anyone else received and posted something about it. If not, just wait and see what happens.

0|1
    0|0
  • Not a joke really, but I wouldn't react. I would be terribly shaken though.

0|1
    0|0
  • Someone wants to start a war. Either the guys who fired the missile or the guys who made the text message

0|1
    0|0
  • Reply with "I'm in the pub, let me know when it hits"

0|2
    0|0
  • It would not matter. Where I live, the missile would likely be nuclear. There would be no escape from that.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't even know what I'd do. Maybe go to the high school and into the gym under the bleachers.

0|1
    0|0
    • Switzerland was already dope before now it's just amazing.

• I’d be worried but I still have to get my family and myself to a shelter. War happens and you have to prepare yourself when it happens.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would check it elsewhere, just in case. Won't hurt to be sure.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wow. Check to see if my parents got the same message asap.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would immediately seek the most viable form of shelter.

0|1
    0|0
  • Nothing interesting. Chances that my home town will be nuked are quite small. It's not a large town, hasn't got any military facilities or whatsoever. Interesting targets are dozens of miles away, meaning I'll never be hit by the fireblast or such out here. Considering the chances of lethal wounds and dying from a nuclear strike are far smaller when inside a brick or concrete wall, it's best to just stay inside.

The only potential force that would nuke us in a remotely hypothetical war is Russia. Their missiles fly extremely quickly, which means that you won't even have much time to do anything, considering there will always be a delay between missile fired, it being picked up and actually a message being sent that a missile is coming.

The main thing I'd do was to get my jodium pills that have been distributed by the government.

0|1
    0|0
  • No one would dare shoot a missle at Canada and if they do, Manitoba would take the shot for us.

0|1
    0|0
    • Why would anyone want to shoot missiles at Canada? Seriously, does anyone really hate Canada enough to nuke it? I can’t think of any country who would do that.

• Show All
    • Well, that, and most Canadians are some of the nicest people I’ve ever met. Except for my uncle from Canada. He’s kind of a dickhead.

• @Elliegirl We have the nicest racists in Canada too.

• Well not much I could do.. run outside and be a moving target

0|1
    0|0
  • Take it as a joke like it is

0|1
    0|1
  • Id assume it wasn't true

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes