How would you react if you received this message on your phone?

How would you react if you received this message on your phone?Instead of Hawaii, pretend it said your state or country.

Turns out it was a complete accident, but yeahhh O. O

1830

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh I’d be pretty shaken if it came up as emergency services. We get them once a year or so for bushfires and we’ve had a few floods so affected areas get the “watch and wait” or “watch and act” or “evacuate” messages. If they were the same ones saying a missile was headed for us I wouldn’t take it as a joke, I’d just freak the fuck out

Most Helpful Guy

• I would grab my wife and seek immediate shelter ;-). Once there, I'd try to call/text my family members and friends to do the same. We're actually very lucky in Switzerland because we're the only country where the government is required (and requires) to provide nuclear shelter for every single inhabitant. That's a policy from the Cold War, when a nuclear attack seemed fairly likely. So whether you live in a house or an apartment, there's usually a neighborhood nuclear shelter within 3-5 minutes of walking. They're not homely but they are underground and they have air filters and reinforced concrete walls and doors.

I would probably also grab our iodine pills from the bathroom, which the government has sent us for the case of a Tchernobyl-type scenario with one of our nuclear power plants (they help against the radiation and prevent you from feeling very sick).