How important is your appearance to you? What are you most insecure about?

Today I realized that the way I look is very important to myself. As most of you know I got a bad haircut lmao and it’s been really messing with my confidence. It got me thinking about how other people feel about this subject. Just curious about your thoughts.

1|3

Most Helpful Guy

• yes it does.

one time I got a design in my hair when I got a haircut.

it was suppose to be that ghost from super mario.
    I had the guy make the design large.
    unfortunately when I got home it was worse than what I imagined.

the same day I ended up shaving off all my hair and went to school the next day. Also after I shaved it off I realized it cane out patchy as well.

I wore a hat during the whole time and the damn teachers were getting mad at me telling me to take it off.

worst 3 weeks of my life 😂

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It is important at certain extent. I mean it is good to feel when you like what you see. But it is not the most important thing. The people look at you do not see a bad haircut as you see. They maybe notice for a minute, but that is it. Plus a bad hair cut always can be fixable:)

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 28

• Well I would like to look good... I'm most insecure about the rash I get on my face or my big nose

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not too concerned with my appearance, I'm just glad I look normal and can operate my body to do whatever I want. Also, put up a picture of your haircut so I can laugh

1|0
    0|0
  • Very important I pride myself on my looks even though I'm in the dump right now😒 but my biggest insecurity is my scars and facial hair if you knew me you would know I have scars on body like a lot and the most visible ones are on my face thanks to a bottle rocket blowing up burning my left side of my face. Its healed and barely noticeable but mighty embarrassing to explain. 😂😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Long ago, I was a lot more stressed about my appearance. I'd worry about having the right clothes, etc. Now, I'll do things like shower, shave, and make sure my clothes aren't too grungy, but I do it for MYSELF, not for other people's judgement. If they don't like it, I don't need them.

1|0
    0|0
  • 😂 omfg you don't look like Dora! I never thought you'd be insecure lol You probably look good Alejandro 💁

1|0
    0|0
    • I do! You didn’t see my new haircut. I’m not a guy

• Show All
    • Well you must be blind then

• Jk I seee it lol

• I realize that to, however when I am single I am more careless about my appearance. Ad unemployment and it's a plus for that, but I am gonna start working this year so bettering my appearance is in my top list.

2|0
    0|0
  • It is important up until i leave the house. After that I forget all about it and move on with my day. Until then I will fuses about the minor details to make sure I look presentable at least

1|0
    0|0
  • In the past it was about me being too skinny and I didn´t have a lot of muscle. Took care of that and now 7 years later, my body is what I get complimented on the most. Being older actually changed my insecurities as well. Before it was about appearance, but nowadays I´m more concerned on whether I can understand my girlfriend and really be there for her emotionally because I know my physique is more than enough in every way. If I was single, it might again be different since people are initially attracted to looks.

1|1
    0|0
  • Looks are great part of your personality and you represent as a man/ womam

1|0
    0|0
    • Huh?

• As human being you don't put on clothes just for other people but also for yourself. For your image. Imagine you look horrible and your boss sees you at the Mc donalds line up. Lol

• I don’t eat McDonald’s but okie

• M! erda! Did you cut it? I haven't seen it
    To answer ya question nah unless i dyed my hair blue

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t think most of us knew you got a bad haircut. However, I think people mix-up and misinterpret (1) his important their appearance is and (2) how important feeling good about oneself is. They aren’t the same thing.
    The first option is about needing to feel validating by how you think others see you, based on ones appearance.
    The second option most-likely has lots to do with how happy you are with how you see yourself as being attractive, but it’s not limited to just that, but health, psychological state, achieving goals, etc.
    For those who are really gauging and living #1, and need that validation, it’s because they are insecure and don’t know how to make the #2 option, make the #1 option unnecessary, and sadly, if everyone knows how to only live in the second option, they will always be more attractive to others than simply the first option

1|0
    0|0
  • It's important only when I look weird. Otherwise most of the time I couldn't care less. I've learned to live with my ugliness, and that I can't do anything about it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Just a little insecure of my chubby face and some spots I have on my face.
    It's not much important for me though.

1|1
    0|0
  • Very much important. If you're not happy with it you gotta fix it. Not what others say matters but what you think.

1|0
    0|0
  • not that important. there isn't much i'm insecure about. i may gain more weight whenever i have my depressed days but it doesn't look that noticeable

1|0
    0|0
  • Insecure about everything I do and everything I have. The only thing I have going for me is my personality, and even that I doubt.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've got few scars on my body 😂😂
    That is my only kinda insecurity.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not particularly concerned about it. I think I look fine, which I'm content with.

1|0
    0|0
  • I have an eating disorder and an obsession with weighing myself so yeah it’s kinda bad

1|0
    0|0
  • Appearance wise I am not too insecure about anything !!

1|0
    0|0
  • It's important

2|0
    0|0
  • Dora hair is not that bad!

1|0
    0|0
    • My bangs are ugly and I can’t hide them

• I didn't think they looked bad at all

• I got them done with someone else

• Yes my appearance is important to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not that concerned.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing at all i look ok I guess

1|0
    0|0
  • holes or ripped pants in butt area

1|0
    0|0
  • Just today? you just realized it?

1|0
    0|0
  • Girls- Care a lot about their appearance+appearance of guys (if the dude is sub 7 in the girls' eyes then forget it you will never have a chance despite this thing you call "personality")

Guys- Don't care much about girls' face as long as the girl has a decent body+is dtf

1|0
    0|1

What Girls Said 11

• I had acne and when it went away brown spots were visible and everybody thought i still had acne, but it was just spots, but months after months it went away, but at that time I lost my confidence. Right now, I don't really have a problem and got back my confidence. I'm happy😄

1|0
    0|0
  • What do you mean? That’s like asking how important is a mother’s love to you? Ummmm... it’s everything, how are you supposed to like a person that doesn’t have the quality of being attracted to. Appearance could mean mannerisms, aura, etc.

1|0
    0|0
  • My appearance does matter to me, probably more than it use to but I wouldn’t at its my top priority, I also go out without makeup on a regular basis and my hair gets messy sometimes lol, but in general it does matter quite abit.

1|0
    0|0
  • I do think that your own appearance is important because the way of how you feel about yourself is the way of how others might see you.

Most of the time I'm insecure because of my height. Whenever tall girls are passing by, I feel like a gnome, lol.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's somewhat important. I don't think I care about it as much as other people.
    I'm insecure about being slightly underweight.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m not very curvy so i feel that’s what I’m most insecure about.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's important.

1|0
    0|0
  • very most importantly, sag tits

1|0
    0|0
  • it is important to me. but im ugly

1|0
    0|0
  • I care way more than I should. I obsess over things and once one thing is "better" I move on to something else that I obsess about. My biggest insecurity right now is my thin lips

1|0
    0|0
  • It is and my weight.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes