If you won the lottery, how many people would you tell?

Let’s say that it was a generous jackpot of 50 million USD, you were the sole winner, and you were not required to make a public announcement/claim of your winnings.

1838

Most Helpful Guy

• Immediate family, and maybe about half a dozen of my closest friends, at first, maybe more people later.

• Wow... sounds like it'd be fun to be friends with you..

• Go ahead, tell them everything. People like you that don't know how to keep their mouth shut end up dead in the woods in the Middle of nowhere and reported on one of those night time crime TV shows.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would only tell my immediate family, I wouldn’t want crazy people knocking at my door asking for money.

What Guys Said 37

• I'd keep a low profile and keep my mouth shut, and I'm doing so because for safety reasons and for my own good. Especially if I won a very large sum of money such as hitting a jackpot. If it was small amounts in the hundred and maybe a few thousands I can mention it to a few people that I know, probably less than 6 or 7 altogether.

• The real estates person and a car dealer. That would be about it. no one would notice a difference in my life if i did. I would still work becaues you spend a lot of money doing nothing. If i was married of course i would say so, girlfriend maybe after the ingagment or honeymoon.

It would feel like monopoly money to me. I would never trust it. I would use it like i was trying to steal from it, trying to never get caught from myself. I would need to save and earn 30% of money for something big like a week vacation to use the winnings not to feel like trash.

• Just my family and best friend. I would buy a Gold Daytona Rolex, Tesla, and save the rest for me and my brothers’ school expenses. I would still want to be a police officer.

• just my parents. nobody else.

• Def a secret lol...
    But obviously people would know --> I mean, this guy is flying in a private jet, owns a mansion and has like 10 cars lol

• Lol, you could simply say that you were the lasting living beneficiary of your Great Aunt Maud's will.

• I wouldn't feel the need to tell anyone in particular, except maybe my immediate family.
    But I'd tell the truth if anyone asked me "Hey, where'd all that money come from?"

• I would be ok telling my family and my friends.
    The organized crime where I live is so "organized" that they will get tipped off right as you come to pick up the winning prize.

So no worries anyway...

• So, the first thing you probably want to invest in is a plane ticket.

• Very much so, but even then I think you would be offered to be safely escorted out of the country for a symbolic price of 25 million.

• Wife only. Other people don't need to know my personal business.

• Probably no one. Once you win the lottery you start running into friends you never knew you had.

• My close friends, immediate family and my work.

• I would tell just my close family members that's about it.

• Just my nuclear family.

• My family, and maybe a few of my absolute closest friends.

• No one lol
    It's all mine 😊

• No one. I'll just bring home the money and, I'll leave it upto my family to tell whomever they like.

• My kids and no one else. I might tells others i won some money, (like 50 grand) but not 50 million

• I wouldn't, I know the probability, but if (impossible event happens), then nobody.

• Maybe nobody...

• Maybe just a few trust worthy family members.

• Only me and the man in the mirror would know.

• I guess family and close friends

• who are they? i dont know anyone

• My whole family, my best friend and my cousins.

• Immediate family and friends

• None

• Honestly a select few, but I would make sure my relatives and closest friends were well off.

• No one. Life would go on as usual.

• Zero. Absolutely zero. I wouldn't tell anybody.

• Close friends and family.

• I would only tell my parents or maybe my siblings

• More from Guys
    7

What Girls Said 17

• Only my immediate family. And even then, I’d want them to keep quiet. I already have relatives that I hardly know who try to hit me up for money lol.

• I would talk only with my money from then on

• Close family and close friends would be literally it 😊

• People who go to public I can’t relate to lol, way to get death threats and begging letters.

• I wouldn't tell anyone. I'd probably act like i was some freelancer where the jobs pay well because that sounds like so much more fun then just admitting you got lucky

• @Ephemera1

That's it

• Just close family

• My family and that's it.

• My father first, then just my brothers and mother... bestfriend. That's about it

• I wouldn't tell anyone.

• Nobody

• Only my parents and brother.

• Parents, sisters and a few closest friends.

• Nobody

• No one

• only immediate family and a few close friends

• Uhm money on the lottery are not that much so I would say it to everyone

• Zero lol