Would you adopt a child born into a bad situation so they could have a real chance at life?

Not necessarily at this moment but is it something you would even consider in your lifetime? Children who are needy, unloved, uncared for, living in impoverished countries etc.
Would you adopt a child born into a bad situation so they could have a real chance at life?
  • Yes I would
    Vote A
  • No I would not
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
I am loving the poll results so far! You guys are awesome! High fives ✋👍😁
Hey guys/gals... here are a few links to look into. Just a few things to keep in mind if you are really serious about adoption down the road.

www.mylittlemoppet.com/.../
www.familylife.com/.../how-to-develop-a-bond-with-an-adopted-child
www.childwelfare.gov/.../

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• I want to adopt someone, some day. I want children of my own as well but I want to adopt and at least change life for one kid. Doesn't really matter the age.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 26

• My wife and I did for a few years with our old neighbors daughter. Then her mom got mad that we took better care of her then she did so she took her back and moved out of town.

1|0
    0|0
    • Aww that's sad. Did you ever get word on how she's doing?

• Show All
    • We try and thank you very much.

• You're welcome :)

• this is what my family does, there is an organisation in Serbia where kids with bad families go and there they find them a family to atay at for a year - three until they find them a perfect home for them to be adopted for life

and they pay us pretty good

1|0
    0|0
  • Possibly, I work at a youth home for displaced children (10-20), and I used to work at a psychiatric hospital where I also dealt with children and adults who had rough lives. I can certainly see it as a possibility.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unquestionably. It's something my family has been doing for generations. To maintain ad protect the livelihood of others is the code we live by

1|0
    0|0
    • "I am loving the poll results so far! You guys are awesome! High fives"

thanks for allowing me to, share my opinions. And the support you give me my friend. Your the best sweedypie.

• Well you're welcome and thank you! 😁

• I did adopt a child that was neglected and abused when she was 8. Much too late to fix her, but maybe her life is less bad than it would have been otherwise. Plus her son was adopted out at birth so breaking the cycle.

1|1
    0|0
  • I would most certainly consider it, especially if my wife and I were unable to conceive a child of our own

1|1
    0|0
  • I don't know, i could feed them and give them a place to live... but im not a father that could raise a child, i can't really be more than a teacher to them

1|0
    0|0
  • I would not adopt a strangers child. I’d only ever raise a child of s close friend or family member if needed.

1|1
    0|0
  • Sure, if I can afford it and it's alright with all involved.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd be more open to creating a safe home for a few kids like that. Sort of line an orphanage but better managed and more personal than the general connotation

1|0
    0|0
  • no. its not my problem they were born into a bad situation. and aren't all keep that are up for adopting stuck in a bad situation?
    anyway, I take care of my family and myself first. other kids are not my problem

0|0
    0|0
  • If I had a girlfriend/wife. Thought about this. Yes, I would adopt a child like this. For real.

1|2
    0|0
  • I tried once!! But he ran away with all my purse my phone and few things... so I would think twice before doing so.

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely would. Plus have babies of my own. Bring them all up together.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure I'm the guy for that job. But I'd help if I could.

1|0
    0|0
  • adoption is a big thing in my family on both sides so yes i plan to adopt a kid anyway

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes I would , caring for something or someone other than yourself is totally amazing

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not something I would consider.
    I would be more comfortable supporting a foster home tho (financially)

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, but only an American one without disabilities, retardation, or drug addiction.

0|1
    0|1
    • What a vile thing you are

• you have just reminded me why i hate the yanks and why they are the worlds worst people.

• @markxcds Most of the people that adopt a messed up kid do it for the paycheck.
      I would only adopt a kid or multiple kids if I actually wanted them and wanted to spend time together as a family enjoying life.

• Nope. I'm a sociopath, and I have no business raising kids. I make a great crazy uncle, though... ;)

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 14

• I have considered it later in life. I wouldn't wanna bring any kids into the world so why not make an orphan's world better by loving, caring and providing for them instead. Don't know if I'd go through with it though

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not interested in having kids of adopting, but if I was I'd choose to adopt instead of having biological kids, and yes I would adopt a kid born into a bad situation.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m honestly not too sure I would adopt. Being a parent is already hard enough, adopting a child is more than twice the work because you need to build up that broken trust, you may have their parents looking for their child when they get older or vice versa and who knows if it’s a good or a bad thing, they can have quite bad PTSD, or behavioural issues from what they’ve gone through which is no easy task to break. A child will not suddenly love you and become super sweet and nice just because you give them lots of love that theyβ€˜ve never had or a safe place to sleep and live.

If I ever was going to adopt I would need to for sure have had my own child first because to me I need that confidence of knowing that I can and have raised a child. Plus I really need to know what I’m doing.

1|0
    0|0
  • If I ever discover that I'm unable to have children, then this is something I would give consideration to.

1|0
    0|0
  • it's one of the things I want to do when I get work and establish myself so I can be able to care of for him/her.

1|0
    0|0
  • If it's a closed adoption and I see/feel they have the potential to flourish as my child.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah. All children deserve the chance to have a loving family.

1|0
    0|0
  • I said no, but that's only because I don't want to have any children, even if they were my own!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, I would love to adopt.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's definitely something I'm open to.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes l would

1|0
    0|0
  • Of course.
    Although I'm 16 so I can't really, haha.

1|0
    0|0
  • yes because while i dont want kids of my own, taking care of someone else's kid for the rest of its life so it doesn't have to suffer is something i could likely do

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes if I consider myself ready and mature for adoption, otherwise I would be a bad parent making a bad decision for selfish reasons

1|0
    0|0
    • Poll results are nice but anyway you can't carelessly say "yes", there are many factors to consider before adoption, many future parents don't consider them and they will just adopt a children without being really ready for it, I'm saying this by a fair point of view since I'm adopted πŸ†—

• Show All
    • Awwww sweetie!!!

Great big hugs for you!

Maybe they are more logical and less emotional people, not realizing your human need to feel the warmth and develop the special bond all children crave. Don't worry, it's not being ungrateful, people with their biological children also miss this mark. I missed having that relationship with my mom too who was working hard as well. You'll be okay, don't worry. And maybe you could try telling them or one of them how you feel? Like you guys don't talk enough? And maybe you could just give an unexpected hug every now and again, see if they might reciprocate?

Sometimes too people are so unsure about how to love their children, especially adopted, because they are unsure of if you trust them like that and giving you your personal space/ not wanting to make you feel weird... Not realizing that not doing it is creating a problem. So speak up or even write them a long (or short) letter and leave it on their pillow! I hope this helps, big hugs πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ’•πŸ˜Š

• Sorry, I'm just back from school 🏫 and lunch πŸ›

I see... When I was little I used to give surprise hugs to my mother and she hold me in her arms, sometimes she would ask me what is going on, my father would laugh maybe give me a pat and say he was busy, I didn't hug him a lot anyway because he has like a scary aura to me from shouting when he fights with my mother, I think my mother had the same aura for a bit too...
      Anyway I would like to just receive hugs without having to ask or hug first, it would mean for me that they really love me, but I see that maybe there are logical and less emotional people like SweedyPie says
      I think I just want to build my family with my boyfriend now like asap and I'll be happy ❀
      Thanks for listening to me and for the sweet hugs, many many hugs for you too >'.')>πŸ’πŸ’πŸ’<('.'<

Recommended myTakes