What're your biggest regrets in life?

What're your biggest regrets in life?What things do you regret the very most in your life?
Personally, for me, when I was little, I got into a fight with my mom so one of my birthdays were completely glossed over and I felt hated and forgotten (I think it was my 8th?), and I missed a trip to Chicago, again, a fight with my mom (it was about socks..) and then there was the chemical damage that I did to my hair at the ages of 11-15.. And my hair has suffered a lot from that.. And also cutting myself about three years ago out of stress.. And most recently, it's been breaking up abruptly with a SO and getting fired from a really good job. All of these regrets have significantly changed who I am as a person as I've reflected on them a lot and I'm not the same after each of them has happened.
So what about you? What're your biggest regrets in life?

327

Most Helpful Guy

• I think most regrets are things we learn from so technically a regret is a good thing since we learn from them. I guess my biggest regret was helping my dad out (I know sounds mean and bad, but not). Let me explain, a month after I turned 17 my dad needed help, so i went down to help. They were six of us at the site. We started the project and we had it almost two thirds done when something broke and it came crashing down striking me in the head. Forty five days latter I woke up from a coma and I couldn't move, talk or hear but I could see I guess. Six months latter after rehab I came home like a ghost (no girlfriend, friends even my family didn't even know what to say). Finished school and two year latter some put faith in me and gave me a small job. Two years latter meet the love of my life and married her. A year latter got a good job. Sorry for the long rant but just showing that most of the time a regret works out for the better because we learn a lesson

• Ah gee.. I'm really sorry that that happened to you! That seems pretty scary.. I can definitely see how you'd regret that happening.

• But I agree with you on learning from regret! Regret teaches us things that literally nothing else can.

Most Helpful Girl

• Not being brave to talk what I want, all the damn time