Money can't buy happiness true or false?

• True
  • False

1735

Most Helpful Girl

• But money can buy everything that can make you happy.

Most Helpful Guy

• Money could never buy me happiness! One time, my pet bunny rabbit was really sick. I either had the chance to pay over $700 for an operation to save his life or not pay anything and have him put to sleep. I was worried about him. He's been living with me and my family since he was 8 months old. He was 8 years old at the time. I started crying when I found out that it was going to be really expensive. I didn't even have half of that in my account. I still wanted him. So, I told the vet that he was in her hands. She checked him over and she told me that everything was normal, but his left eye was bulging and he also stopped eating. I used all the money in my checking account and most of the money in my savings account. I told Dad about it and he was upset at me. I told him, "It's only money. My rabbit's life is more important!" When we got back, I starting crying again because he looked so scary. The left side of his face was bandaged and bloody. When the vet gave us the instructions, I hugged her and thanked her for saving the life of my rabbit.

Right now, my rabbit is doing just fine! He'll be 11 years old this April but he's still full of spirit. I'm thankful that I still have my rabbit because his life is my happiness. All the money in my checking account never made me happy.

What Girls Said 16

• If you don't have money, you're probably going to be pretty unhappy.

• Money does help.

• Lol I hate this quote. Of course money can't DIRECTLY buy happiness. But it can indirectly buy happiness. Ever wondered why people in poverty are less happy than rich folk?
    You can buy a house to keep you warm and safe. Food to keep to ALIVE. A bed, clothes, an education

• money can buy happiness I get so happy when I get new bikinis, makeup and clothes I get so fucken happy

• Notice you said “new”, it doesn’t last so you have to replace the new with newer for that new high that gets old quick.

• @NathanStrat, I completely agree with everything you've said here. Our fancy has no limits, and I don't believe we can satisfy it by trying to pursue it to no end.

• Yeah but you sure as hell can't be happy when you don't have it.

• Money is a mean to happiness, it doesn't make happiness

• If you use that money to help others it could bring your happiness through generosity!

• I am never sad when i get paid.

• To people who don't have a lot of it, I think it could

• FALSE!!!

• Off course it can.

• I can't buy happiness but I can buy new make up 🤔 it makes me feel happy for at least a week 😂

• I don't think it does. Because the more money you have, the more problems you have and thus the more troubled your mind becomes. So you end up unable to enjoy your money.

• same happens if you're broke lol... Think twice

• The question didn't ask about being broke. I think that the best spot is being somewhere in between being excessively rich and broke.

• Not happiness per se, but it can buy things that could help... a good education, medical insurance and expensive treatments that are necessary to live, healthy food, a day away with the family... that sort of stuff... Its not necessarily necessary to have a happy life, but man it must help...

• My parents have various houses for vacations, they work a lot though and when they are at home they fight even during vacation
    They buy anything new instead of fixing things, they can't fix their relation with money though...
    Money maybe is necessary for living and stay healthy, maybe for happiness too? Not always...

• I'm sure they would be happy , if they didn't have to work hard for it though.

• @Dtegesd123 maybe...
      I would like so much to see them happy more often...
      It would be nice if everyone was able to be happy...

• False. Money buyz things that make us happy.

What Guys Said 34

• I dunno, being homeless with no food would be pretty difficult to be happy.

Then again, if I lived off the Grid in the forest with my own cottage/camp and was hunting and gathering my own food, etc. Where money is irrelevant, I could be happy, therefore the above could be true.

And of course if I was stinking rich, had a boat, a bunch of ladies to have sex with and a pile of alcohol and weed 24/7 without ever having to work again... I'd be pretty happy.

Depends on the situation.

Those who say this typically are the ones who are constantly struggling to make ends meet and say this to try and trick themselves into thinking they're not that bad off and enjoy the little things... While those who are Stinking rich and complain about how empty and shallow their lives are, and are lonely or something, are so out of touch with reality that they need something to complain about.

Either that or they just say things like that just to make us all feel better and buy their books or watch their movies.

• it can bring a temporary sense of happines but not true happiness

• In my opinion, it can't, so I'd say the statement is true. I believe true happiness and contentment can come from God only. That is, by getting more and more knowledge of Jesus Christ and having a closer relationship with him. Anything else that you'd try to make your FOUNDATION for happiness would be very volatile, including money. Sometimes even I forget that, so I end up testifying it to myself over and over again. However, I do believe it's all fine and healthy to enjoy our assets in a moderate manner, and failure to manage them can lead to unnecessary discomfort for ourselves and those around us. Just don't try to base your happiness on such things, I don't think it works.

• Studies show that in the US adding income over $85,000 / yr doesn't buy happiness. That's because life's finest things, shelter, clothing, good food, music, art and sex are relatively inexpensive and available to almost all.

• It's not strictly true or false really. Money is by no means a guarantee of happiness. You can be a billionaire and suffer from depression. You can also be working class and as happy as Larry.

However, I don't believe you can be poor and happy. I mean proper poor now, not just "I can't afford the latest iPhone" poor. A life of struggling to make ends meet and wondering where your next meal is coming from would be a very bleak existence for anybody. If I were in that position I would be seriously questioning if my life was worth living.

There are many factors which determine a person's happiness, money is only of them.

• It can buy a boat, guitar, and guns, which is pretty much the same thing ;) jk it can't because if it could there would be no celebrity suicides as a result of depression.

• Money can buy everything

• True. Money can buy you lots of fun and pleasures at the beginning when you get money you never had before, but once you get accustomed to a certain lifestyle everything around you becomes normal just as your life is normal now and no big deal.

• To a degree, yes. However, you are responsible for your own happiness. No amount of money in the world will make the most unhappy person in the world happy.

• Depends on how you define happiness.

• I've been real poor and not able to afford food and trust me i would have been a lot happier eating a steak dinner than the ramen noodles. I absolutely believe money can buy hapiness.

• It can buy temporary happiness, or situational happinesses. But never true happiness. Unless your buying an i8. That is true happiness.

• If I had the chance to choose between money or no money, I'd obviously choose money. But money won't buy you happiness forever because the richer you are, the less you have to work for your goals and the less do these goals feel like you actually achieved something.

• Of course it is. Imagine the time and opportunity you could have to do what you wanna do, anytime you what to.

• Yeah but I'd rather cry in a mansion rather than under a bridge

• Money can't buy happiness but that shit can support it. cuz whats a family of 5 if you can't even support it

• But it can buy you a boat and a truck to pull it and a yetti 110 iced down with silver bulletts.

• False for the materialistic, but true for the un-materialistic.

• Voted true but meant false. Money can buy happiness. People say that it would be temporary or whatever but it is still happiness.

• True

It can buy you things that make you happy though. For like, 20 seconds.

• False. Money can definitely buy happiness

• False. Rich people only say that due to their pity for poorer people.

• So not true

• True, money can't guarantee happiness. However, not having money guarantees unhappiness.

• no but it bloody helps people without aren't happy most people with it r id rather have it then not

• I feel sorry for the brainless people who voted true lol

• Happiness is relative. If spending money makes you happy, then yes you are buying your happiness. Just do whatever makes you, you and whatever makes you happy.

• Money certainly helps but there are needs of a person that money can't fill

• Buy me a rally car and only time you will see me sad is when I will be NEVER!

• True.

• More from Guys
    4