Will you buy Nintendo Labo?

Will you buy Nintendo Labo?
So from completely out of left field, Nintendo unveils this: Cardboard toys mainly targeted towards kids. What you do is build these cardboard sets like a piano or fishing rod and then place your Nintendo Switch console into it and then it acts just like what the cardboard represents. Check out the reveal video above to see what im talking about.Will you buy Nintendo Labo?

They will be released in April and come in two sets. A variety pack priced at (in the us) $69.99 and a robot set priced at $79.99. Will you buy Nintendo Labo?
Soooo will you get it? either for you or perhaps as a gift? :P
Updates:
Should mention that these sets come with software too to use with it. I think thats why it costs so much.

1|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Nope! looks terrible lol its made of cardboard i'm confused why anyone would want it, I do want the Switch though, which i will be purchasing at some point :P

1|2
    0|0
    • yes you definitely should get a switch! its an amazing console. but yeah im with you on this cardboard stuff o. O

• I knew you'd of already brought it :P you and your games ;) lol

• of course, i bought that thing day one lol

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it'll be like playing wii tennis. Fun the first few times but nothing you would spend a lot of time on. I also don't get how it works. I'm just thinking about how insane the delay must be when using something like the piano. Think about playing a game where you have to hit notes on time and it isn't responsive and has a slight delay.

Would like to try it though. Maybe spend $10 on it just to try it.

I'm wondering what the most fun game will be on it. It's all just minigames though so.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 13

• Interesting idea but I don't know who the fuck wants an $70 cardboard 10 key piano?

0|2
    0|0
  • I doubt it. I may get a Switch, though. I hear the Zelda game on it is fantastic. Otherwise, I’ll stick to my NES and N64 for my Nintendo fix. I’m more of a PlayStation girl anyway.

0|2
    0|0
  • I have the Switch already and umm Labo seems fun but I don't know yet...

4|0
    0|0
  • Lmfao i don’t think so. I would play with it if one of my mates bought it, but i personally wouldn’t go to the shop and buy one for myself

0|2
    0|0
  • For a child, yes, I think it would be a really interesting gift.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lol no. 70 € for cardboards? You gotta be kidding me.

1|1
    0|0
  • Nah, doesn't look like it's really aimed at me, nor is it my thing in general :P

0|0
    0|0
  • I shall when it's not as expensive

0|1
    0|0
    • that could be awhile lol. nintedo seems to take a long time to lower their prices

• True true Lol, I might buy it on my next big pay day lol

• Maybe after I buy a switch :P

0|1
    0|0
  • What on earth is that.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell yes I loved Nintendo

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably not

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think I ever will.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 21

• I haven't seen something that fragile since the original Nintendo came out.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's an awesome concept. As things stand I don't possess a Switch, nor do I have the money to make that purchase with or without LABO so It's very doubtful that I'd be getting it. Then again... the robot set looks absolutely sick xD

0|1
    0|0
  • It looks neat, but is clearly just a gimmick with no real substance behind it. The fact they are using cardboard pretty much proves that they don't expect this stuff to see much use, which is why they don't need a higher quality product.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, but I read an article by some geek at WIRED gushing about the whole thing. I guess if you are a bored silicon valley tech bro with money to burn and the cultural sofistication of a 12-year-old, it holds great appeal. Maybe that was unfair to 12-year-olds?

0|1
    0|0
  • Seems cool but for £60 for 10 minigames and origami? I'd rather many other games for that price other than this. Looks like a great idea tho ideal for younger people

0|1
    0|0
  • Nope, I want to lounge while playing games, not this crap excercise in disguise.

But I'm gonna get some Switch + BOtW action when I have money to buy one.

0|1
    0|0
  • Probably not.. Although my cat would love all that cardboard.

0|1
    0|0
  • It's a fancy cardboard box.
    So yes, for some reason.

0|1
    0|0
  • Made of cardboard and costs 70 quid? Someone's taking the piss...

0|1
    0|0
  • I got no use for nintendo or any of their products. Yes I am a gamer.

0|1
    0|0
  • No...

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah definitely.

0|1
    0|0
  • No, that looks like an immense waste of money.

0|1
    0|0
  • Can't say that I will.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have Playstation

0|1
    0|0
  • Hell no.

0|1
    0|0
  • If only I had the room to store it in my house :/