What do you call someone from Maine, Illinois, or Utah?

If you are from Texas, you're a Texan, New York, a New Yorker, Florida, a Floridian, but what do you call people from like Maine, Illinois, or Utah? And whatever the demonym, do people from there actually refer to themselves in that way?

63

Most Helpful Guy

• Illinois - Illinoisians (seriously)

Maine - Mainers

Utah - Mormons! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, I'm from IL and since it's in the Midwest, I guess I'd be a Midwesterner. I'm not sure. I don't think all states have a name attach to it. Like, if you're from Utah, you're just from Utah or the west coast. If you're from Maine, you're just from Maine or the east coast. Know what I mean?

• I get where you are coming from, but there is literally a name for this, called Demonyms, aka, what you call a person from, in this case, a certain state. All 50 have them, I've just never heard of them for I guess you could say, the non popular states.

• Thanks!

SMH..."Idahoan"... I mean... just give up.

• You're welcome.

Haha, I know right. I think it's crazy to give all 50 states demonym. I mean, a Mainer lol.