If you’ve been bullied, was it more by the same or the opposite sex?

Or, similarly, if you were a bully, who did you tend to bully more: the same or the opposite sex?

If you’ve been bullied, was it more by the same or the opposite sex?

2|1

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was bullied physically mostly from grade 1-2 it was boys, and we fought a lot. Everyday I was in at least 1 fistfight , and I've got to say we weren't bad at fighting. The fights would easily last 25 minutes. Not at the start but later on you have friends, you're walking with them, just 2 of them.
    Some guys come up, jump on us and start beating us. We fight back and get them off us, and the fight slows down, trying to get a good punch in or throw something at someone else — a rock or something else.
    Then their friends see what's happening and run up to join, then our friends in the distance see their friends sprinting somewhere and understand there's a fight so they run after them.
    And 15 minutes later you have a 15 on 15 fist fight which is back in an active phase and you're kicking someone, punching someone, jumping on someone, throwing rocks at someone, smashing a block of ice on someone.

This continued until either the bell rang in which the fight automatically stops and a draw is called and we calmly go back inside the school.
    Or it stops until once side has no one standing and the other side still does have someone on their feet.

More often our mass fights started from 1-3 vs 1-3 growing sometimes to like 23 vs 23. Literally an entire crowd of fighting kids :D

But in the first months of grade 1 I didn't have any close friends so it was mostly me vs 1-4 bullies and I was never helped, they'd beat me up pretty well.
    After I switched schools it was mostly girls and they were not so nice but used their words.

1|0
    0|0
    • Your childhood actually sounds kind of fun, haha. Assuming you didn't get hurt too bad.

• No, thinking back on it , it was actually quite amazing once I got friends minus a few major problems I had,
      I started doing karate and became good at fighting and so I started taking more initiative in fighting back, as the guys we fought were assholes, though sometimes you also had to get a group of assholes as allies to beat up another group., and so it became a complicated mess of alliances between groups of friends beating each other up because someone from one group was picking on someone of another group

Most Helpful Girl

• Mostly I got bullied by other girls, but there was one guy who use to punch me and push me over at school, it’s why I always stick up for people being bullied now if I see it, I bully the bully lol.
    The worse advice I ever got was ignore it and they will stop 🛑, nope you show them you can be a cold hearted bitch just like they can, and then it all stopped.

I hate people who bully people, they’re the most insercure most pathetic people out there they only pick on people who they assume to be weaker than them and are useless unless they’re in a group.

2|2
    0|0
    • Ignorance is so not the answer when it comes to bullying. If anything, the more you ignore a bully, the more it encourages them to try harder. Aggression is, honestly, the only thing I've found to be effective.

• Show All
    • Your welcome and ty 😊

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 32

• Mostly same sex, but some girls tried too

1|1
    0|0
  • Kind of well nobody bullies me they're too scared of me. But this girl I asked out well lied to my face she didn't even try to make it a decent one.
    But I let it go. Then next day she posts a picture kissing another guy on her cheek let's be honest you know who that's for. Deleted it a week later.
    Then she goes with an American guy because I'm Muslim she probably felt it would get to me it didn't she noticed so then she dumped the poor guy a week later. Tbh I was so busy with work I didn't notice. Then a year later she makes a fake account sending messages taunting me like it was my fault or something like that. It was at this point where I told her to basically f off in a long paragraph some stuff like a big forehead etc and I said if she does it again i'll call the police (of coursd I never really would.)
    Did it work? Nope well a month or two later she came to my mothers office she knows because it's on my Facebook she did a walk by but I saw her through the glass.
    This is a poor attempt at stalking / bullying.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was never bullied and never was the bully, but i didn't stop it when i could have either (I was kinda friends with the bullies because of soccer). The ironic part was i was also friends with some of the people who got bullied too, because academically i was right up there.

As for the gender of the people, it was hard to say the girls bullied the girls mainly and the boys kinda bullied everyone.

2|0
    0|0
  • Some scrawny nerd a couple grades ahead of me tried to bully me when I was a kid. But I was used to fighting my much older brother at the time, so I had nearly choked him out before his mommy (one of the teachers of course) came to the rescue and I got in trouble. I didn't get in too much trouble really - presumably because he was a lot older than I was. Surprise! He never bothered me after that.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’ve never been bullied. I’ve been told by one person one time that I look like a murderer. I don’t think that’s good...

1|0
    0|0
  • Bullied by a girl when i was little but turns out that she liked so that's why she acted like that. But i was little so i was like ew no way girls are gross so we fought each other but as we got older we became good friends. We eventually went into miltiary but in different branches

1|0
    0|0
  • I've been harassed by both genders almost on a 50% ratio on each side it's crazy because it's a rarity for someone to be seen as a target by both genders almost equally

I'm going back to chi town next year to prepare for my boxing training

1|0
    0|0
  • I wasn't bullied to any significant extent.
    If anything, a few guys physically picked on me because of my small size, while girls resorted to gossip and talking behind my back.

But I was very laid back and non-emotional, which I think made me an uninteresting target.

1|0
    0|0
  • I got bullied by both about equally. Guys bullied me physically, girls mentally/emotionally. I found the bullying from girls to be worse.

1|0
    0|0
  • both but it was far more humiliating from the girls.

used to be able to torment / embarres me in ways the guys never could, get me hard buy rubing there tits in my face or rubbing my thighs under the desk then point it out to the class and laugh

1|0
    0|0
    • See this is the problem with the #metoo bullshite: if that had been guys doing those things to a girl, it would be considered serious sexual assault.

• Show more from Guys

What Girls Said 20

• Opposite but I went to a Catholic school and the kids you start with , are the same ones you're with until you Graduate. Before I got there, there were only two girls in the class. Needless to say, it was dominated by boys. So, they were the ones that did the bullying but the girls weren't very nice either.

1|0
    0|0
  • Growing up I used to be fat and I’d say 95% of the time the boys were pretty cruel, especially in elementary and middle school. Once high school came around it wasn’t nearly as bad but the ridicule I did get was mostly still coming from the opposite sex and occasionally a few girls.

1|0
    0|0
  • I've never been bullied, had that tough kid look If anyone tried to mess with me and they were scared I guess and also for some reason bullies respected me. Don't know why. Must have had something with my attitude. I was opposite of a bully though, I loved to stand for bullied ones.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's been about equal. Though most of the really harsh bullying was by girls. But that's probably because I was mostly friends with girls as a kid, and the girls who bullied me were my "friends".

1|0
    0|0
  • Opposite sex.. I was bullied a lot in middle school from some classmates because I was really shy, and I never defended myself. So they perceived me as weak and an easy target to make fun of..

1|0
    0|0
  • Both, girls bullied me 24/7 and guys went along with it. Guys would pick on me about my body or looks but they only did it if a girl started it. Girls were the worst.

1|0
    0|0
  • Same sex mostly, but plenty from the opposite sex too.

1|0
    0|0
  • I haven't been bullied nor have I bullied anyone else, but I would imagine the majority of bullying is same sex.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only the same sex bullied me. The opposite gender has always been kind to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Both, but girls are more - they would mostly try to get you in the bathrooms away from the teachers.

1|0
    0|0
  • Show more from Girls

Recommended myTakes