If you’ve been bullied, was it more by the same or the opposite sex?

Or, similarly, if you were a bully, who did you tend to bully more: the same or the opposite sex?

2133

Most Helpful Guy

• When I was bullied physically mostly from grade 1-2 it was boys, and we fought a lot. Everyday I was in at least 1 fistfight , and I've got to say we weren't bad at fighting. The fights would easily last 25 minutes. Not at the start but later on you have friends, you're walking with them, just 2 of them.
    Some guys come up, jump on us and start beating us. We fight back and get them off us, and the fight slows down, trying to get a good punch in or throw something at someone else — a rock or something else.
    Then their friends see what's happening and run up to join, then our friends in the distance see their friends sprinting somewhere and understand there's a fight so they run after them.
    And 15 minutes later you have a 15 on 15 fist fight which is back in an active phase and you're kicking someone, punching someone, jumping on someone, throwing rocks at someone, smashing a block of ice on someone.

This continued until either the bell rang in which the fight automatically stops and a draw is called and we calmly go back inside the school.
    Or it stops until once side has no one standing and the other side still does have someone on their feet.

More often our mass fights started from 1-3 vs 1-3 growing sometimes to like 23 vs 23. Literally an entire crowd of fighting kids :D

But in the first months of grade 1 I didn't have any close friends so it was mostly me vs 1-4 bullies and I was never helped, they'd beat me up pretty well.
    After I switched schools it was mostly girls and they were not so nice but used their words.

• Your childhood actually sounds kind of fun, haha. Assuming you didn't get hurt too bad.

• No, thinking back on it , it was actually quite amazing once I got friends minus a few major problems I had,
      I started doing karate and became good at fighting and so I started taking more initiative in fighting back, as the guys we fought were assholes, though sometimes you also had to get a group of assholes as allies to beat up another group., and so it became a complicated mess of alliances between groups of friends beating each other up because someone from one group was picking on someone of another group

Most Helpful Girl

• Mostly I got bullied by other girls, but there was one guy who use to punch me and push me over at school, it’s why I always stick up for people being bullied now if I see it, I bully the bully lol.
    The worse advice I ever got was ignore it and they will stop 🛑, nope you show them you can be a cold hearted bitch just like they can, and then it all stopped.

I hate people who bully people, they’re the most insercure most pathetic people out there they only pick on people who they assume to be weaker than them and are useless unless they’re in a group.

• Ignorance is so not the answer when it comes to bullying. If anything, the more you ignore a bully, the more it encourages them to try harder. Aggression is, honestly, the only thing I've found to be effective.

• Your welcome and ty 😊