If you don't recognize the number on your caller ID, do you answer?

Just wondering.

• Yes
    18%(9)29%(30)Vote40%(21)
  • No
    78%(39)67%(69)Vote57%(30)
  • I'll only answer to mess with them.
    4%(2)4%(4)Vote3%(2)

Most Helpful Girl

• That was pretty hilarious. Thanks for posting. No I never answer numbers I don't know.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 25

• No, never. Social anxiety does not permit me to do that sort of thing.
    I figure that if it's something important or time-sensitive, they'll leave a message or a text. And they usually do.

• I used to. Not really anymore

• I use a raspy "just woke up" voice that doesn't sound like me. I only answer and listen in long enough to figure out if I should block the number. If it's an automated message, a lot of them do have an option to have them remove you from their list.

I use the "Should I Answer" app. If I've missed a call from an unknown number, someone in the app community might know if it's a telemarketer if they've dealt with it before, and might have left a comment on the number's review page.

• I answer either with the following

Road kill cafe, you kill it, we grill it. How may I help you today?

or

Holaaa! Como estas? Que pasa? Oh, lo siento. no hablo ingles, espanol por favor. No? no entiendo. quien es tu? qui-*click*

• Well after I answered in Spanish they started sending me Spanish speaking telemarketers. So I learned some german.

Ich de deutch ;)

• deutsch*

• Only if I’m expecting a call from a new number. Otherwise I usually just wait to see if they leave a message.

• That was the funniest emotional roller coaster I've been on in months. I hate strangers and I can't hold my laughter, so I don't bother.

• Nope. I usually stare at it until it stops ringing and then have an anxiety attack 😂

• Not always... However, Depending on Something of another Situation, I... Have. xx

• Nope, the only people who call me are either my mom or dad.. if its not them then its some telemarketer or someone who has the wrong number.

• Never. If they have something important to tell me, they can try again or text me.

• I have an app that searches for the caller but if it doesn't find anything I certainly won't answer.

• I don't answer numbers I don't know, if it's important they'll leave a message.

• No. I know. Boring.

• I don't even answer for family and friends let alone an unknown number lol

• Yep all the time

• Yes bc it could actually be something fr and if its not I'll divert them

• I won’t. They can leave a message

• Nope.

• No. I text ask them. “Who are you” or “whom are you”

• Always

• Yes, almost always.

• No, to lazy to wonder if it's a scammer, someone I know, or the bank

• Never!!! It pisses me off when my parents do it

• No the same numbers call me every single day I try to block didn’t work

• No, I don't answer.

• I never do because I’m shy

What Guys Said 31

• Rarely. I still receive spam calls but many of them get blocked by an app called "Should I Answer?". Really helpful. If the number is unreported, I answer only when I'm expecting a call. If I'm applying for a job or something, I answer. If not, leave a message or I will Google the number to find their identity.

• The answer is no.

• I speak Japanese when I'm bothered by telemarketeers or I pretend to be a soviet war vet with dementia speaking broken Russian. The downside is, the telemarketeers, a lot of them, know I speak different languages and they play long instead of freaking out :/

• Vast majority of the times no I do not. If they leave a voicemail I might listen. I also block some numbers upon hearing the voicemail. a lot of companies have no business calling my person number.

• I do. To those, who don't, I have one simple question. Imagine you're looking for a job. You have your profile somewhere, you respond on job offers, and one of the mandatory fields is your number. And some potential employer likes your profile and answer, so he decide to call you.
    And you don't pick up. Unknown number, right?
    So…you don't get the job.
    Now, do you see that this could be problem? For you, not anyone else.
    I also see it's little bit gender-based division. Not surprising.

• Yes, I love fucking with scammers on the phone

• leave a message telemarketeers

• Generally, no unless I am expecting a call.
    A lot of the time it's some dickhead telemarketing scammer.

• I do answer ! Always. If it's wrong number i tell them so, some jack ass wants to sell me something i tell them am not interested. Privet numbers sure why not, some don't know how to fix it.

• Typically i answer but if i am weary i will not answer with my name.

• Yes. My wife has a masked #

• Nope. I look it up after they call.

• I let my answering machine get almost all of my incoming calls, unless I'm expecting to get a particular call, and it shows a recognized person or organization

• If it’s a local number I do, out of province/country numbers I don’t.

• 9/10 times it's someone trying to sell me a home security system, offer technical support for my "computer has virus," or that I've won a substantial amount of money and only need to pay a small fee to claim it. If I don't have the number in my contacts, I don't generally answer it. If they're legit and really want to talk to me, they will leave a voicemail.

• Not usually. Did one time, the guy asked for I don't know any Brenda, and there was no opportunity for a prank, so I just told him he had the wrong number.,

• Never

• Definitely not. Not many scammers out there these days, that and sales calls. Not worth my time.

• No lot times i let it go to voicemail.

• No, that's the whole point of having Caller ID. They can leave a message, at least then I will know who they are.

• too many scammers

• No and I may not even answer it if I did know the number. Sometimes i want to be left alone. Don't want my pals calling me every 5 minutes.

• No. I use an app and it tells me if its spam or not.

• it's always those stupid indian telemarketers trying to scam you

• Yes of course, always

• Who knows if it's for an emergency. Your friend or someone from your family must have called you from someone's else number.
    It won't waste your time to say "sorry wrong number"
    Because sometimes a wrong number can be a right number.

• yep because often school&firms calls me and its mostly important

• Nope. I'd block the number

• Nope. I don't wanna get bombarded with calls about PPI and accidents.

Simples...

• I can't affor to lose a potential new friend. Then it's back to waiting by the mailbox.

• More from Guys
    1