Is there any reason in 2018 that you would ever give a hitchhiker a ride?

• Yes (explain)
  • No way

1332

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I would never give a hitchhiker a ride in my car. If it seemed like they needed help , i'd call the emergency services , but i wouldn't pull over for them

• This. I personally just don't want to be "that girl" on the news who decided out of the goodness of her heart to pick up this one hitchhiker this one time and he turned out to be some killer on a streak. It is so much different for women. I mean, true a killer and kill anyone, male or female, but most of the time when you hear these stories, it's a woman who was killed/raped/whatever awful. Truly, you are not obligated to give them a ride, let alone even call someone else for them, but I feel like the least I could do was call the police for them or emergency services... and if they refused that help, my hairs would stand up on the back of my neck, and I'd hit the gas!

• I agree. That's so true! It's just not worth the risk.

• Thanks for the MHO