To pet owners, How often do you feed your pet?

• Once a day
    Vote A
  • twice a day
    Vote B
  • more than twice a day
    Vote C
  • whenever they are hungry
    Vote D
  • I don't have a pet
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Should be at least 3 times a day especially if they’re active. breakfast, lunch , and dinner

0|1
    1|0
    • i only do once a day cause he takes his time eating throughout the day

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's a small dog then once a day. Feeding them twice with the same portion size as if you were feeding them once given their size leads to them getting fat. Obviously the amount of walks / runs they do is a big factor.

Sometimes there are little bits and pieces that I give them over the day so they don't go too hungry.

0|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 29

• My cat always has dry food. SO she can eat that whenever she wants. As for wet food, she's not a big fan of it. So I give her tuna or turkey over once in a while when she asks

0|1
    0|0
  • Twice a day... in the morning when i do breakfast and late afternoon like 4-5pm. Depending how my dat looks. I usually put food out for him to finish in the morning and afternoon. So he gets his daiky amount split up and he eats on it all day long basically.. .. my baby a 4year old snauzer pup.

0|1
    0|0
  • I just have a big auto feeder thing she eats whenever she wants. And she’s gone from a skinny bony little thing to fat dumb n happy.

0|1
    0|0
  • I feed bingo twice a day. One in the morning and one in the evening. He has wet food and dried biscuits plus water.

I feed my shubunkins, sea snail, siamese fighting fish and ping pong fishes blood worms and a small pinch of dried food once a day around 5:20ish pm

0|1
    0|0
  • Twice a day, my dog eats in the morning and evening. I'll give him a snack here and there throughout the day like apple slices or baby carrots, but I don't feed him anything after 7pm.

0|1
    0|0
  • 3-4 times, my cat eats like Garfield :P

https://m.popkey.co/1e0d43/Vo6a3.gif

1|2
    0|0
  • When I had a dog, my family would feed her twice a day, then walk her shortly after she finished eating. Water would be left out during the day or offered several times. Our reasoning behind the feeding schedule was to establish routine. The dog was adopted as a senior animal, and she didn't exhibit the greatest control at times. We felt doing this helped ensure she was more likely to do her business outside.

0|1
    0|0
  • Once a day. I have a dog. I have a book on taking care of dogs, it said when it is a puppy feed it twice a day, when full grown once a day. I'm just following instructions. :D

0|1
    0|0
  • For my two small animals-they always have food and water.
    For my two cats-one will overeat and vomit, so, I feed them about 3-4 very small meals a day and change their water at least once a day.

0|1
    0|0
  • Our cat Flop is a gannet! A big bruiser, so he gets fed way too much!

0|1
    0|0
  • I've got a dog, I just keep his food bowl full all the time. He's pretty good at eating what he wants without getting overweight

0|1
    0|0
  • We keep a bowl of food out at all times so that they can eat when they are hungry. They always end up eating all the food in their bowl by 10pm so we have to refil then

0|1
    0|0
    • So you are serving them only hard food? Dogs? Cats? Both? Are they overweight?

• @loveslongnails yes we only give them hard food. Canned food makes them overweight and gassy. I have 2 small dogs and a cat. They are all at a hralthy weight :)

• I put food down in the morning (He can take however long he wants to eat it) and I put down food in the evening (he can take however long then too)

0|1
    0|0
  • Once a day, because the cat likes to graze, despite recommendations from the bag and the vet.

1|1
    0|0
  • Once a day. I have a bunch of fish and an eel. They are greedy AF.

0|1
    0|0
  • My horses get hay at least twice a day. I feed alfalfa when I work them as it provides more calcium and protein

0|1
    0|0
  • He eats like 900 times a day but he's very picky so it's the tiniest portions.

0|1
    0|0
  • Twice a day. I have a cat and a dog. The dog will eat all the cats food so I fill it twice a day to make sure she eats.

0|1
    0|0
  • Once or twice a day depending if they tip their food bowl up. I have pet rats 😊

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 19

• When the bowl gets empty.

0|1
    0|0
  • It really depends on which pet. I have owned both cats and dogs so twice a day.
    A snake or rabbit would change the quantity and regularity.

0|1
    0|0
  • I "feed" my dog once every 2 or 3 days. When I say "feed" I just put a bunch of food into her bowl and she eats it over that period of time.

1|1
    0|0
  • We fill up our dog's bowl with enough for the day and let him regulate himself.

0|1
    0|0
  • 2 cups three times a day for my black lab. He runs with me so he needs the calories. And no he's not fat.

0|1
    0|0
  • It depends on my pet, my cats and dogs but one my snakes it's once a week and the others are once a month.

0|1
    0|0
    • I meant to say 3x's with wet food for the cats and unlimted dry, and 3x's for the dogs. My pointer's a bit of a pig.

• They get morning and evening meals, and some healthy treats mid day.

0|1
    0|0
  • When ever their hungry, my goldfish always lets me know their hungry.

0|1
    0|0
  • Twice daily when I have a pupper

0|1
    0|0
  • Twice a day.

0|1
    0|0
  • I haven't fed my cats in more than two years

0|1
    0|0
  • They feed me if I am lucky

0|1
    0|0
  • They have food dispensers.

0|1
    0|0
  • I feed my cat 5 times a day.

0|1
    0|0
  • Food bowl is always full and available.

0|1
    0|0
  • my dogs eat twice a day at 7ish AM and 7ish PM

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have a pet

0|1
    0|0
  • Twice a week

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't have pet