How much do you care about what others think of you?

i personally care but only if there opinion matters to me like we’re friends/family or someone I like.
otherwise it doesn't bother me all that much.How much do you care about what others think of you?

1|4

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Over the internet? Not in the slightest.
    In my daily face-to-face interactions with strangers? A lot. The thought of making a negative impression on even the random cashier or the person who happened to be my waiter is a slightly panic-inducing thought. It's probably why I avoid social interaction with strangers. Weirdly enough, the closer I am with someone, the less I care about what they think of me. I figure it's because if I've managed to get close with someone, I've passed the weirdness test and been deemed acceptable. But, with strangers, you never know.
    I'm not sure why I'm so caught up on trying to make a positive impression on people who will, in all likelihood, be inconsequential to my life. It's a tendency I'm trying very hard to curb.

1|2
    0|0
    • I understand and can agree there 😊 I’ve got better but as I said before to you I use to get heart palpitations queuing for food. 😂 so I do know what it’s like to care so much about a random strangers impression even though it reality it doesn’t matter.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 49

• thats quite simple.
    A: People that either is, might be or know of my professional life, my job and career- my childrens teachers or something, they are in the "yes, but only because I take a great deal of pride in the things I really give myself 100% about; it matters, even though I actually resent the fact that sometimes I have to put on a show, act up, be nice in matters I dont want to -but it is important to me how people see me in my job and with my kids.
    That taken off the table; the few people I really keeps close and love, of course, it does - a great deal! Mostly in ways like I would feel SO terrible if I unintentionally genuinely made them sad because of me acting like a clown or what have you. I dont like putting people I love in situations that they are truly affected badly by, because of me ,
    But appart from that, I am completely indifferent to other people and how they might see me or think about me. I can always argue my actions feeling good, proud and head up high, so what people may think when I drives down to fill up the car because I just remembered and it might save me time the morning after - and I am in my pyjamas or what people sometimes goes stiff-upperlip about.. jeez.

1|0
    0|0
  • Unless they can benefit me, very little.

I'll absolutely brown nose if it gets my name dropped in at the next promotion review.

1|0
    0|0
  • 0.00%, you're entitled to your own opinion on me but it won't affect me, I don't need validation from human trash to feel good like others do. You can be sure friend or family but I won't give a single fuck. Words can be manipulative if played right.

1|0
    0|0
  • Be lying if I said I don't at all. If recent comments weren't sufficient, I do have low self esteem, but for all my issues with myself, I still hate most people, thus their opinions hardly matter to me. It's when they start in on the problems I already have with myself that it starts getting to me.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not in the slightest. I know you said you care when it's friends and family but the thing I've found at least with friends is they'll turn on you in a heartbeat if the situation happens to suit them or if they think they'll benefit from it. So i don't see why I should care what they think.

1|0
    0|0
  • Some; family, friends, neighbors, classmates, coworkers and love interests exclusively. If I haven't invested in you and vice versa, I may be interested in your opinion, but I'm not at all invested in it emotionally.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lol everyone cares, just some people are proactive and some aren't. This is so stupid. Interviews, work, relationships, family, friends. What other people think of you matters. I'd argue if you don't care then you suck at life.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't need a lot of validation from others, tbh.

I care what friends and family think, obviously, but beyond that, it's not something I really think about that often.

1|0
    0|0
  • Only those people who have a direct impact on my life. The rest of the human race can go to hell. There are some I consider friends that I would like to have a good opinion from but they're not that close so it can be discarded if not.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nothing at all, i don´t exist to please anyone, i exist to train hard, develop my ki, activate my full potential, that is infinite, and so on.

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s a little complicated. I don’t think about what people in general think about me, but am paranoid about screwing up and sounding stupid when I talk to someone directly that I’m not familiar with.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only care what people think of me when I want something or am doing something with them, I can't have the banker thinking I'm a thief when I'm trying to get money.

1|0
    0|0
  • I care a lot. I have close to no self esteem, and I don't deal with criticism very well, so I don't usually hear anything good from people outside my family.

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually I don't like to anyone.. thinking wrong about me , but its happening for sure... so I'm on my natural and I'm trying to care about the people who care about me

1|0
    0|0
    • But sometime that's make me thinking a lot , and always trying to fix

• I start my own rumors on me... like... im a crack addict... violent with bitches... i retarded or schyzo... when you are Legend you have to start it or people admire you... xD

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope

1|0
    0|0
  • Casual people don't know me enough to give a constructive judgement.
    But i'd still feel pretty honored to occupy a part of their mind.

1|0
    0|0
  • I care to know what they think, but it doesn't bother me. Feedback and criticism can help improve yourself, but I don't take it personal usually.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care what people think about me cause i know I'm a cool person sure i have my faults and skeletons in my closet but who doesn't?

1|0
    0|0
  • Not much, if they're friends or family then I do care

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 19

• A lot. I'm doing better with not caring as much though

1|0
    0|0
  • I do not care that much. If they think badly of me, that is their problem. I am who I am, and I ain't gonna change! LOL!

1|0
    0|0
  • A bit too much. I don't like to be judged, laughed at or talked behind my back

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't know what's wrong with me because sometimes I'm a badass who doesn't care at all but other times I'm an oversensitive baby who give too many fucks and I honestly don't know lmao

1|0
    0|0
  • I do way too much and that stops me from being open up person but I don't reall care much about haters

1|0
    0|0
  • I Only care with the people I love. And even then I might say f'ck em!

1|2
    0|0
    • Admittedly off the topic question, any woman that posts questions about women with high sex drives AND cartoon characters deserves to be followed...

• Show All
    • I see. Well that's good to know. I have a son that cracks me up too.😎

• Cool. I love being a parent. I'm a full-time single father. My little guy is 8.

Yeah my answers are rarely actually helpful. I have a hard time being serious unless it's absolutely necessary...

• Hah. I lack care there. Ain´t nobody is determining my value by their opinions. It´s their perspective which ain´t my problem.

1|0
    0|0
  • I care about certain people's judgements but I'm more likely to shrug most negative opinions off than to let them break my stride.

1|0
    0|0
  • Nope. I don't care as simple as that. As long asI didn't do something bad or harmed someone, their opinions of me is of no importance.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't care, as long as I'm not hurting anyone I care about.

1|0
    0|0
  • I only care about opinion from people I care about and who I respect.

1|0
    0|0
  • I care what my family and friends think. Otherwise, I just do me and don’t worry about it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Too much but less and less with time.

1|0
    0|0
  • i only care of i find it benificial in my life

1|0
    0|0
  • I don’t care I used to care though

1|0
    0|0
  • Too much

1|0
    0|0
  • Exactly what you said 😘

1|0
    0|0
  • sometimes

1|0
    0|0
  • When your last take's opinions trigger you so much you have to open a question saying you don't care about it ikr? So much care to show you don't care 😏

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes