If you accidentally killed someone, but knew for CERTAIN that you could get away with it, would you keep quiet or turn yourself in?

For the sake of argument, let’s say that the person you killed is not someone whose existence—or death—has any implication on your life. This person is, for all intents and purposes, a stranger to you. You could, if you wanted to, continue living your life exactly as is if you choose to keep your role in their death a secret.

• If you accidentally killed someone, but knew for CERTAIN that you could get away with it, would you keep quiet or turn yourself in?I would keep quiet and hide/remove all evidence of my connection to their death.
  • If you accidentally killed someone, but knew for CERTAIN that you could get away with it, would you keep quiet or turn yourself in?I would turn myself in to the authorities.

2039

Most Helpful Guy

• Use all that I've learned from watching TV and people I know from Finland's Central Bureau of Investigation and hide that shit and then wallow with whisky.

Most Helpful Girl

• If I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time or well intentioned, I'd keep it quiet and atone for the rest of my life. If I'm not violent or malicious that is. This kinda happens in the medical field daily. Patients get the wrong treatment or mistakes are made and people wind up dead. Doctor's don't usually go to jail for misdiagnosing patients. A lot of them go on to save several other lives. I think this situation is very subjective.

Another comparison is if I unintentionally ran someone over because I was driving drunk or texting. I'd turn myself in over that because someone would be dead for no better reason than my arrogance and stupidity and I'd really need some time to get my shit together