If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?

2445

Most Helpful Guy

• Much as I love it, I do believe that going by "Dreikügelwirbelwannenbrennraum" would take it´s toll rapidly, but I would definitely change my last name to "Badonkadonk" ! :-)

I actually have an old friend. He came to Denmark when he was, dunno, just a little badonkadonk! But he can't remember a single thing from before they moved here and they like almost assimilated danish culture over night, so I never factored it in to my realiity I suppose and neither did he; not until first day at pre-school and the teacher called our names up in class; nothing strange when she called my name, but when she stopped, studdered and then in clear voice tried to say "Barik Burak Bah Bahir as a childrens riddle and everyone started laughing wildly, Barik turned angry and ashamed towards me and with bitter spite asked said to me; How come you never told me my name so messed up? Its my name and suddenly I think it sounds ridicilus so why have you never said anything to me? I had always loved that name, sounded so giddy and fresh- much better than my own 3 letter long name that no foreigners are able to pronounce even though its pretty much the same sound as a nervous, deep cough or something - but his name, I wanted that ! Guess we both learned something about danish names that day :.)
    But to this day, not having seen him or spoken to him for more than 20 years, I will never forget that name :-)
    So I would consider a loan on that account maybe- just might be a bit much doing the Badonkadonk on top of that ! ;)

Most Helpful Girl

• I would change it to Margarita (the European form of Margaret).

I've been mistaken for a Margaret on multiple occasions by various strangers. I even had a random lady tell me that I look like a Margaret. When I asked her why, she said "I don't know, but you really should've been called Margaret. It's so fitting for you."
    It's led me to believe that perhaps I was meant to be called Margaret. Since I'm European though, I'd go with the European form of the name.