If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?

2444

Most Helpful Guy

• It's actually something I'm considering. My current last name is my step granddad's and my mom has been asking to change it to her maiden name.

Most Helpful Girl

• I would change it to Margarita (the European form of Margaret).

I've been mistaken for a Margaret on multiple occasions by various strangers. I even had a random lady tell me that I look like a Margaret. When I asked her why, she said "I don't know, but you really should've been called Margaret. It's so fitting for you."
    It's led me to believe that perhaps I was meant to be called Margaret. Since I'm European though, I'd go with the European form of the name.

What Guys Said 43

• Much as I love it, I do believe that going by "Dreikügelwirbelwannenbrennraum" would take it´s toll rapidly, but I would definitely change my last name to "Badonkadonk" ! :-)

I actually have an old friend. He came to Denmark when he was, dunno, just a little badonkadonk! But he can't remember a single thing from before they moved here and they like almost assimilated danish culture over night, so I never factored it in to my realiity I suppose and neither did he; not until first day at pre-school and the teacher called our names up in class; nothing strange when she called my name, but when she stopped, studdered and then in clear voice tried to say "Barik Burak Bah Bahir as a childrens riddle and everyone started laughing wildly, Barik turned angry and ashamed towards me and with bitter spite asked said to me; How come you never told me my name so messed up? Its my name and suddenly I think it sounds ridicilus so why have you never said anything to me? I had always loved that name, sounded so giddy and fresh- much better than my own 3 letter long name that no foreigners are able to pronounce even though its pretty much the same sound as a nervous, deep cough or something - but his name, I wanted that ! Guess we both learned something about danish names that day :.)
    But to this day, not having seen him or spoken to him for more than 20 years, I will never forget that name :-)
    So I would consider a loan on that account maybe- just might be a bit much doing the Badonkadonk on top of that ! ;)

• I would change it to “Cash” in an instant because I like how that sounds. I’m not an fanatic of money whatsoever

• Gosh, that would be harsh! I’m the third of my name,(coming from my dad and his dad), and have dreamed for so many years to have a son to be the fourth! This would make it impossible, though...
    No alternate names for me come to mind right now.

• I'd change mine to "Disgustingweebtrash"
    @Disgustingweebtrash

• Beenard

• I'd change it to Courage

• Thor, close to me own name, but a lot more awesome

• Jesus Christ

• Sonic

• There's a legit story about a Norwegian 6-year-old who in 2009 sent a letter to King Harald V making a request to change his name to "Sonic X." =)

• Lol kids these days

• Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

• Thor Odinson, but i really can´t really say the real reason behind that choice.

• Its already taken, but "The Prince of Darkness" Ozzy has it. LOL

Seriously "Shadow" I have the uncanny knack for sneaking up on people without trying

• I'd change it to Luke Wellfire, because he's my online persona.

• I would change my Middle name to Scott instead of Darren Lee
    it would be Darren Scott.

• Alfalfa

• Adonis, the reason why speaks for itself.

• Wesker maybe

• Bond. James Bond.

• Liquor because I am the liquor.

• Cole Watson. It roles off the tongue and i have bren tricking people into thinking my name is.

• Nahid.

• I like my name , but if you want to choose another one I would pick one related to equity and justice

• Troy or Uriel

• "What you see is what you get "Or "This is far from over got plenty more for you."and "Really pissed you off that's nothing". I like those names I felt this way for the past 3 years.

• Jericho Church, unique

• Diego.

• Ben Dover

• Something that sounds like a male name and less evil... but I really can't even if I want.

• My new name would be PrincePineapple

• Long rod von Huge Dong

• More from Guys
    13

What Girls Said 23

• Claudia Jayde.

I've always liked that name combination for some reason. I feel like it's kind of quirky and fits me better than my actual name.

• That would need a lot of thought lol

• I've always wanted to be named Raven. I find it sexy and myserious

• Bulgaria like my country

• Rosalie, Dawn, Starfire (love her). The first one is cause I’ve always loved that name, but they all sound like royal princess names lol.

• Aurora. Don’t know why I’ve always loved it

• Hello my name is CHANGE

• Calissa or Calypso

• I Would Change My name To Kaycee.. Why?, I don't know Because I Like That Name And I Wanted To Name MY Daughter That But I Don't Want Kids 🤷🤸

• I think I would be Abigail and go by Abbie. I’ve always liked that name.

• Allison. Allie for short tho.

• I’m actually really happy with mine.

• Chardonnay
    Because that’s what it was gonna be.

• Anything is better than my current name. Like the new pic 😘

• Probably just my middle name bc I'm too lazy to think of a better name.

• I love my name but If I had to I’d change it to jaylene

• Violet

• I would change my name to Rain, because I love the rain and some of my best memories was in the rain

• Tevy
    it's short and sweet

• Sakkari or Leni/Lenny/Lenin.
    I like that name.

My surname would be Astaroth.

• Haylie I always loved that name

• Jasmine

• Maci