If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?

If you had to change your name, what would your new name be, and why would you choose that name?

2|4

Most Helpful Guy

• It's actually something I'm considering. My current last name is my step granddad's and my mom has been asking to change it to her maiden name.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I would change it to Margarita (the European form of Margaret).

I've been mistaken for a Margaret on multiple occasions by various strangers. I even had a random lady tell me that I look like a Margaret. When I asked her why, she said "I don't know, but you really should've been called Margaret. It's so fitting for you."
    It's led me to believe that perhaps I was meant to be called Margaret. Since I'm European though, I'd go with the European form of the name.

1|0
    0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 43

• Much as I love it, I do believe that going by "Dreikügelwirbelwannenbrennraum" would take it´s toll rapidly, but I would definitely change my last name to "Badonkadonk" ! :-)

I actually have an old friend. He came to Denmark when he was, dunno, just a little badonkadonk! But he can't remember a single thing from before they moved here and they like almost assimilated danish culture over night, so I never factored it in to my realiity I suppose and neither did he; not until first day at pre-school and the teacher called our names up in class; nothing strange when she called my name, but when she stopped, studdered and then in clear voice tried to say "Barik Burak Bah Bahir as a childrens riddle and everyone started laughing wildly, Barik turned angry and ashamed towards me and with bitter spite asked said to me; How come you never told me my name so messed up? Its my name and suddenly I think it sounds ridicilus so why have you never said anything to me? I had always loved that name, sounded so giddy and fresh- much better than my own 3 letter long name that no foreigners are able to pronounce even though its pretty much the same sound as a nervous, deep cough or something - but his name, I wanted that ! Guess we both learned something about danish names that day :.)
    But to this day, not having seen him or spoken to him for more than 20 years, I will never forget that name :-)
    So I would consider a loan on that account maybe- just might be a bit much doing the Badonkadonk on top of that ! ;)

1|0
    0|0
  • I would change it to “Cash” in an instant because I like how that sounds. I’m not an fanatic of money whatsoever

1|0
    0|0
  • Gosh, that would be harsh! I’m the third of my name,(coming from my dad and his dad), and have dreamed for so many years to have a son to be the fourth! This would make it impossible, though...
    No alternate names for me come to mind right now.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd change mine to "Disgustingweebtrash"
    @Disgustingweebtrash

1|0
    0|1
  • Beenard

3|0
    1|0
  • I'd change it to Courage

1|1
    0|0
  • Thor, close to me own name, but a lot more awesome

1|1
    0|0
  • Jesus Christ

1|1
    0|0
  • Sonic

1|1
    0|0
    • There's a legit story about a Norwegian 6-year-old who in 2009 sent a letter to King Harald V making a request to change his name to "Sonic X." =)

• Lol kids these days

• Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

1|1
    0|0
  • Thor Odinson, but i really can´t really say the real reason behind that choice.

1|0
    0|0
  • Its already taken, but "The Prince of Darkness" Ozzy has it. LOL

Seriously "Shadow" I have the uncanny knack for sneaking up on people without trying

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd change it to Luke Wellfire, because he's my online persona.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would change my Middle name to Scott instead of Darren Lee
    it would be Darren Scott.

1|0
    0|0
  • Alfalfa

1|0
    0|0
  • Adonis, the reason why speaks for itself.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wesker maybe

1|0
    0|0
  • Bond. James Bond.

1|0
    0|0
  • Liquor because I am the liquor.

1|0
    0|0
  • Cole Watson. It roles off the tongue and i have bren tricking people into thinking my name is.

2|0
    0|0
  • Nahid.

1|0
    0|0
  • I like my name , but if you want to choose another one I would pick one related to equity and justice

1|0
    0|0
  • Troy or Uriel

1|0
    0|0
  • "What you see is what you get "Or "This is far from over got plenty more for you."and "Really pissed you off that's nothing". I like those names I felt this way for the past 3 years.

1|0
    0|0
  • Jericho Church, unique

1|0
    0|0
  • Diego.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ben Dover

1|0
    0|0

• Something that sounds like a male name and less evil... but I really can't even if I want.

1|0
    0|0
  • My new name would be PrincePineapple

1|0
    1|0
  • Long rod von Huge Dong

1|0
    1|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 23

• Claudia Jayde.

I've always liked that name combination for some reason. I feel like it's kind of quirky and fits me better than my actual name.

1|0
    0|0
  • That would need a lot of thought lol

1|0
    1|0
  • I've always wanted to be named Raven. I find it sexy and myserious

2|0
    0|0
  • Bulgaria like my country

1|0
    0|0
  • Rosalie, Dawn, Starfire (love her). The first one is cause I’ve always loved that name, but they all sound like royal princess names lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • Aurora. Don’t know why I’ve always loved it

1|0
    0|0
  • Hello my name is CHANGE

1|0
    1|0
  • Calissa or Calypso

1|0
    0|0
  • I Would Change My name To Kaycee.. Why?, I don't know Because I Like That Name And I Wanted To Name MY Daughter That But I Don't Want Kids 🤷🤸

1|0
    0|0
  • I think I would be Abigail and go by Abbie. I’ve always liked that name.

1|0
    0|0
  • Allison. Allie for short tho.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m actually really happy with mine.

1|0
    0|0
  • Chardonnay
    Because that’s what it was gonna be.

1|0
    0|0
  • Anything is better than my current name. Like the new pic 😘

1|0
    0|0
  • Probably just my middle name bc I'm too lazy to think of a better name.

1|0
    1|0
  • I love my name but If I had to I’d change it to jaylene

1|0
    0|0
  • Violet

1|0
    0|0
  • I would change my name to Rain, because I love the rain and some of my best memories was in the rain

1|0
    0|0
  • Tevy
    it's short and sweet

1|0
    0|0
  • Sakkari or Leni/Lenny/Lenin.
    I like that name.

My surname would be Astaroth.

1|0
    0|0
  • Haylie I always loved that name