Has this happened to you?

I was just having a walk, because the weather was so beautiful and then this happened. I mean, Finland is a cold country to some extent, but my lashes don't freeze too often. I've missed real winter and this weather made me really happy. Has this happened to you??

• Yes, all the time! ☃️
  • Yes, sometimes. ❄️
  • No, has not happened to me.
    Vote C

2346

Most Helpful Guy

• For me it's the beard and whiskers that usually get that way, but yeah sometimes when there's a real winter.

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha nope. Where I live, it’ll go to about 8 degrees (fahrenheit) at its lowest. And even if it does, it won’t snow or ice enough :( It typically always melts the next day or before we get the chance to see it. And it’s like really bright and sunny the next day lol. If it snows, maybe it’s 2-3 inches max. Lol

What Guys Said 45

• Not my eyelashes but my hair used to freeze beneath my stocking cap after wrestling practice even before I got from the gym to the road to walk home. By the way, what a pretty smile you have. Make sure that freeses on your face also.

• You are absolutely beautiful and those frozen lashes make you look like a princess out of a fairy tale. However, that kind of cold is not for me! I moved out into the desert to get away from it forever and still, the winters here are too cold for my comfort.

• I live in the South West of England so all in all the region tends to be fairly warm. That said it's still pretty north of the equator and winter can be quite bitter. In my particular valley the heaviest snow tends to come down over a place called Haldon. It's a hilly, wooded area and there's only one main road through the hills so every other year the villagers take blankets, food and tea up there as vehicles get trapped up there in large numbers and the occupants run the risk of Hypothermia if they run out of fuel to keep the heaters going. We also bring salt and shovels to help clear the roads (not a small task). Anyway, it happened on one of those nights the first time my eyelashes froze.

• No, it hasn't.

• I live in hot weather so no 😁

• LOL! No, I've never had that happen. How did that occur? Was it windy causing snow to blow around with some sticking to your eyelashes?

• It's water vapor from my breath. The weather is cold enough to freeze it when I breathe out and it stucks to my lashes.

• Hmmm, no, I can't recall that ever happening. I don't know what weather conditions have to occur. We just finished a stretch here where it was between 0 and 10 (-17 to -12 Celsius) degrees for a couple of weeks straight. Some days we had snow and freezing rain. It didn't occur then so I'm not sure, scientifically, what conditions must be met to cause that.

• I think it's more about how you breathe and if the vapor grabs on to something to freeze or not. My nose was runny, so I had to breathe through my mouth and I had a scarf almost over my mouth, so it directs the vapor upwards. It was -21°C out, but not all people had that happen. If they breathe through their nose or just straight forward, the vapor doesn't latch on to anything and thus doesn't freeze.

• Never happened to, it’s so dry here when freezing cold and was in the single digits in Fahrenheit for almost 2 weeks

• Not my eyelashes, but often my moustache, goatee or beard if I'm outside for any length of time. Always when I was running.

• only when I visited kavkaz district in russia ! I have long eyelashes and was freaked out when this happened since I rarely see snow in my homeland so this was too much for me :D :D

• I have had ice coming out of my nose like walrus tusks and a ice beard from being in -30°F temps in North Dakota.

• I live in the States and my lashes have never frozen. I live in Missouri and it's beautiful when it snows there.

• No, it hasn't happened to me because that weather does not occur here. The coldest it gets here is about -5°C on a very rare occasion. What we do have is rain.

• Lol I'm finnish too and it's so cold I get ice in my nose when I breath in :D

Which part of Finland do you live in? How cold is it there?

• Kuopio. It was - 20°C yesterday, it's - 17°C today.

• Haha I'm in Jyväskylä, we had -25C earlier today :D

• I'm actually from Jyväskylä. 😄 My mom posted just this morning that they had - 27°C. Hope that'll come here as well.

• Yeah, I'm in the midst of an Australian summer at the moment - not happening HERE any time soon! 😂

• not in Australia mate

• Oh wow! I miss real winters! All we get here is rain and mud... Sooo boring and depressing!

• No, has not happened to me. But that's cute picture.

• Rarely lashes get's frozen for me, but beard often when it's little colder.

• Only when it's 15- C

• It has never been so cold that my eyelashes froze lol. Must be really damn cold

• No but it happend to my sister

• It's hard to believe this could actually happen to eye lashes

• How cold is it there? It gets as cold as -50C here and that's never happened to me.

• It was only - 20°C.

• I think it's the way you breathe. My nose was runny, so I was breathing through my mouth and I had a scarf over my mouth which pushes the air upward, while people who had nothing covering their face didn't have their hair or lashes frozen. But it might also be about humidity.

• Yeah, could be.

• Yep. And I really don't like it xD

• I've never seen anything such 😍❤
    It doesn't snow in my city 😞

• First of all, you look really cute and secondly, nope. I haven't even experienced snow in that context.

• I lived in Minot North Dakota in my early twenties. I basically didn't have lashes in the winter because I'd end up breaking them.

• Looks dangerous , frost bit

• Same as russia

• More from Guys
    15

What Girls Said 22

• All the time.

• I love in the tropics, when it's cold here I pray to the gods to kill me, black people can't take the cold.

• Lol that has never happened to me before, looks painful having ice near your eyes :O

• It is about 9 deg C here. No chance of eyelashes freezing!

• No its never happened to me before

• Never happened. It doesn’t get that cold here.

• Never but its cool! I did see that article about Finland

• Oh that's so cute, you look like a snow fairt

• when we had -23°C outside, we ran off the lessons at school and went to ride down the slope in the plastic basins. Yeah... it was funny

• Yes it happens to me in winter

• Lol yeah that'll never happen in Israel

• That's some nice mascara you've got there. 4X more volume.

• you're purty

• Not really

• That's funny tho 😂

• It's hilarious when a lot of people walk around with their face frozen. 😄 We look like we live in the ice age or something.

• I've never had that happen! What does it feel like?

• Kinda just like something blocking my view. The frost is not heavy, so I wouldn't even know it was there if it wasn't in my line of sight.

• Never, then again it doesn't snow in my area. Were you wearing mascara?

• 2d

No, I wasn't wearing mascara. Although it's more likely to happen if I was.

• 1d

Wow i didn't know eye flashes could freeze without anything on them

• No I don't have winter's that cold. lol

• Northern Canada is also very cold. It happens more often then I would like.

• I loooove this

• I dont mean to offend you, but you kinda look like jack frost

• Lol, I had to Google who that was. I guess I do. 😄

• like you eye lash look cool, thats who you remind me of lol im sorry, ill stop talking now

• I'm Finnish too :) well live in Canada but with Finnish roots