Has this happened to you?

I was just having a walk, because the weather was so beautiful and then this happened. I mean, Finland is a cold country to some extent, but my lashes don't freeze too often. I've missed real winter and this weather made me really happy. Has this happened to you??

• Yes, all the time! ☃️
  • Yes, sometimes. ❄️
  • No, has not happened to me.
    Vote C

2346

Most Helpful Guy

• LOL! No, I've never had that happen. How did that occur? Was it windy causing snow to blow around with some sticking to your eyelashes?

• It's water vapor from my breath. The weather is cold enough to freeze it when I breathe out and it stucks to my lashes.

• Hmmm, no, I can't recall that ever happening. I don't know what weather conditions have to occur. We just finished a stretch here where it was between 0 and 10 (-17 to -12 Celsius) degrees for a couple of weeks straight. Some days we had snow and freezing rain. It didn't occur then so I'm not sure, scientifically, what conditions must be met to cause that.

• I think it's more about how you breathe and if the vapor grabs on to something to freeze or not. My nose was runny, so I had to breathe through my mouth and I had a scarf almost over my mouth, so it directs the vapor upwards. It was -21°C out, but not all people had that happen. If they breathe through their nose or just straight forward, the vapor doesn't latch on to anything and thus doesn't freeze.

Most Helpful Girl

• Haha nope. Where I live, it’ll go to about 8 degrees (fahrenheit) at its lowest. And even if it does, it won’t snow or ice enough :( It typically always melts the next day or before we get the chance to see it. And it’s like really bright and sunny the next day lol. If it snows, maybe it’s 2-3 inches max. Lol