Are you more logical or emotional?

Do you tend to react and respond to things more logically or emotionally?

2129

Most Helpful Guy

• I am both, but since you asked which I was "more" of I'll say logical. I do try to think carefully and logically through things, but I certainly have emotions and on certain topics the emotional part is dominant.

Here's a logical example of when emotion would take over for me (and I'm pretty sure the majority of people). If my girlfriend slept with some other guy last week, then logically, unless she got some disease, that shouldn't affect a sexual encounter I have with her this week because the sex could physically be the same whether she did or didn't sleep with that other guy. But emotionally it would have a HUGE effect and I would even want to have sex with her - or even be around her. That's one example where for me, and I think most people, even though I'm mostly logical emotion will far outweigh logic.

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m pretty well split down the middle... naturally I tend to be more emotional but have learned the level in which I need to reign that in to allow logic to balance it.
    However, under pressure or stress I become far more logical and practical than usual.
    My work do this HBDI training that helps us understand how people work, so that their perceptions can be understood even though we may not agree. This is mine below, the dark line is my normal personality and the dotted one is under stress

What Guys Said 28

• Definitely logical.

Most of my friends already call me a robot, which I actually take as a compliment. I suppose it could be said that I'm not "in touch" with my emotions, but I'm not even convinced that I have any, lol.

• can't take something as a compliment without emotion. not 'lol'

:)

• I used to be more emotional. I'd get annoyed when girls wouldn't want to see me anymore and I'd text them a few more time than I should have to try get convince them I'm a cool guy. Or if friends never wanted to hang out or flake on me I'd get pissed off.

But now, I'm so used to people ignoring me in life-friends, dates, and girls I met and text to set up dates etc. that I just don't bother anymore.

• Logically. I’m a logical thinker. If I wore my heart on my sleeve and responded to everything with it then I’d end up getting hurt.

• Majority of the time logical. There are a few times where I act out of emotion.

Like when final fantasy xv came out I preordered the limited edition.

• Logical

• Both.

• I tend to respond to things emotionally.

• Logic all the way. Having people who are too emotional is just laughable, especially in academia.

• Logical. Unless the emotion I'm responding with is anger, in that case I don't think things through at all

• Neither

• I outward am logical and composed. Internally I can be crying at the same time.

• I am much E!

• I believe that we need both logic and emotions and I don't think it's healthy to try to suppress one while supercharging the other. Each thing has its place and moment.

• I figured I should clarify that "not try to suppress one while supercharging the other". I said that thinking about a long term perspective, that is, I believe that being "logical" or "emotional" shouldn't a characteristic trait that defines us. Rather, we should employ logic and emotions when and where appropriate.

With respect to how I tend to react personally, honestly, I couldn't tell because I don't think that classifying all situations in life is a simple matter of putting them inside the "logical" or "emotional" bag. I don't think that's an amazingly useful criterion.

• Both simultaneously

• Definitely logical, I never make any important decisions based on emotion.

• Cold logical calculation machine or at least I'm told because I don't show emotion

• I make Spock look like a drunk 22 yr old on her period.

• I tend more towards logical, but sometimes I react emotionally.

• I am logical to a fault

• Logically.

• Logical. Only my girlfriend can make me react emotional sometimes

• How?

• Well sometimes I react emotional just to make her a favor cause I love her and want to see her smile. Even when I would never make this decision by logic.

• It's nothing personal, strictly business.

• I say both i can be emotional time to time but i can too be logical when i have to

• i do things logically more then emotianally

• I'd say both, but i do tend to drift off to the logical side most of the time.

• Logical for sure

• 60/40

• I'd like to think I'm in between.

What Girls Said 20

• I RESPOND logically; i. e., in a level-headed, composed fashion. Even in heated arguments, I'm far more focused on supporting my point with empirical evidence or with (hopefully) fallacy-free reasoning than out-shouting or aggravating the person.
    However, I'd be lying if I said that I didn't encounter individuals who made me grind my teeth and fantasize about hurling them out of a high-story window.

• I'm logically emotional.

• It depends on the subject or conflict.
    Like abortion debates with someone who is pro abortion. I've cried in anger over that converstation before. I've learned to not respond until I've calmed down.
    And
    Dealing with my family is more emotional instead of logical.

• I'm a mix of both.

• Both when required, but more logical, especially as my job demands both. My friends always come to me for advice and describe me as balanced so I guess I am.

• A little bit of both. A girl who doesn’t react at least a little bit emotionally is like a unicorn- a magical, mythical creature that probably doesn’t exist

• There are girls who are super cold. Though not just girls but any human who doesn't react out of emotion from time to time doesn't exist.

• That’s true.

• online everyone is 'logical'

• Im emotional

• Emotional ×1000

• I'm logical, and I get told I should be emotional because I'm a woman. smh

• Same. But don't change , this is one thing I'll always be sure has worked in my favor. At least in the path that I'm taking in life and the future career that I want. Being logical will get you very far in life and you'll make better decisions and you'll also be more mature because of it.

• I will! Don't worry!
      I usually get told that when I'm winning an argumant.

• Logical. I think. I have no idea actually.

• Logical

• Both,

• im logically emotional and emotionally logical

• Logical

• Emotional

• Emotionally unfortunately

• I'm more logical.

• I hate it when people tell me i need to stop bein emotional

• So you react emotiinally to someone calling you emotional? haha :p

• @2opaz i was being dramatic. I have only slapped one boyfriend i would never do it again but he said a nasty thing in front of friends

• people say men should not hit women. I believe it. But women should also not hit men. I'm so glad our friends were there I was so scared when he looked at me I started crying and I had to leave the party. Don't hit people and don't forget to breathe. Anyways tmi

• Logical