Do you think kids are growing up to fast these days?

2361

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Definitely. At 14, I was still playing sand-tag at the playground during lunch break. Dates and relationships were the last thing on my mind. I couldn't even fathom liking or being liked by a guy at that age, lol. (To be fair, I have trouble fathoming it even now XD)

• Same I had barely even kissed a guy lol you see some 14 year olds who look about 18.

What Guys Said 60

• Kind of yeah.. They seem to stop playing games and overall "being kids" bit earlier than for example my generation (and well.. yours). I think it might have something to do with being raised with constant internet and the ability to find out about anything. The world is much smaller. We tried to be adults by what we knew and it just turned into games, but I feel that today's kids find out about things on the internet and actually try to be adults.

• Yeah definitely, I can imagine what PrincessPie was like at 14 😌🤣.

Girls back then weren’t into contouring and posing in a 1-piece crotch suspender bikini... the most daring they got was the top 2 buttons of the school shirt undone and NO TIE (omgosh she’s a hardnut m8!)

Guys we’re not going into the gym at 14 lol it just didn’t happen, unlike now Im still shocked when I see them. You knocked for ur mates on ur bike and went to play footy and if you were a rebel you sneaked a bag of chips in on the way home and ruined your dinner 😂

• Yes. I think it has a lot to do with them having unsupervised access to the internet. The ones that don't are only growing up a little faster than when I was a kid (still hear about some stuff from other kids that do have access to the internet)
    They learn about stuff too soon before they really understand how things work and the long term consequences of their actions.
    They will sometimes say things that make it seem like they matured faster, but then a few minutes later they will be acting typical for their age. It is odd to witness sometimes.

• I mean it depends, at 14 I was dating and being a geek at the same time but doing it somewhat effectively.

If anything technology is completely more readily available than before, cliques and groups still exist with the exception of some new ones, there is still a lot of awkward first times, acting like we know everything and acting like ourselves were extremely difficult when all we had to do was go to school and not get into trouble.

I will get off my soapbox but basically being a teen was the shit and I miss not having responsibilities 😭

• Actually they don't grow up. Using phones and acting like an attention seeking idiot won't turn them into an adult. The problem is lately that they don't grow up at all. They're blaming everyone for their own incompetence, the reason many works in the McDonalds or don't work at all, with even with a diploma or two. The majority of the present generation is a bunch of dumb oversensitive snowflakes.

• Because. Today generation is also upgrade like OS. Today's children's are much more concerned about everything today

• In general no. They are maturing later. They are having sex later. They are accepting responsibility later.

I think we need to help kids become functional adults quicker not keep trying to keep them as children till they are 25

• Yes and no.

Yes, in that there's too much pressure on them to grow up too fast, and no, in that people live at home for longer, are dependent on their parents for longer, and don't take responsibility until later.

There is no good side to it...

• I don't know, I think part of it is perception. You probably didn't look that bad when you were 14 and That other picture probably more accurately describes a 16 year old.

• Yes , way too fast. My 5 year old niece sends me voice notes instead of talking to me on the phone. Lol

• I think they're growing up in the wrong way. They only care about the opinions of others and are obsessed with the self-image icons of social media. More improving, less seeking approval.

• What the fuck does that meme even mean? Are you saying taking steroids is better than using social media? WTF

• There's enough steroids in the food to make gains. You're doing it wrong.

• @GracefulCharm There are absolutely no forms of bioavailable sterones, steroids or sterols in any food humans consume. Now you are making shit up.

• Nah I think everyome who is older thinks that about the future generation. There is probably a fourm somewhere saying the exact same stuff about all these 20-30 year olds and when we are older some of us will create a fourm doing the same. It's all hypocritical if you ask me. :P

• yeah, too fast... the other day was walking in the mall, I saw this young girl with big boobs and short shorts, her chest was really open... I was like put some clothes on!!! if I have daughters in the future I would never let them dress like that... i think she was like 15 or 18 years old

• Yes AND no. They are growing up in all the WRONG ways faster, and they are growing up in all the RIGHT ways slower.
    Kids are wearing make-up and having sex at 14 but they aren't even independent or financially responsible until 30. Know what I mean?

• yes they are, because of technology, and thats why, no wonder this generation is soo entirely fucked up

• yep, i do think so, but that is attributable,, in part, to hormones added to food or substances that mimick hormones contained in plastic for exemple, it is inducing specially girls to develop faster.

• Yes... and also FAR TOO RELIANT ON ELECTRONIC GADGETS !! Mainly glued to smart phones !! Have a 14 yr old boy & an 11 year old girl... say no more !!

• Yes they are growing up too fast.

There's girls that's exactly like the picture. They are 14, but look like they're in their 20's.

It's almost a little creepy.

• It's the same thought I got when I saw ya.
    Slow down. :v

• Certainly. By the time they're 20 they already lived the life of a 30 year old.

• yeah... in my country too! so that's worldwide?
    what are the industries putting on the food? or is that the effect of hypersexualization propaganda widespread in the media?

• More spoiled & spoon fed, certainly

• Of course they are with the new social media and these cell phones and all the hormones that they're putting in the milk boobies get big way too early now hence children start having sex cuz they're horny and turned on by that so yeah they're growing up too fast you better believe it

• Yes, the media is brainwashing them

• I think they are trying to grow up fast by doing adult things but as soon as something bad happens they go crying to their parent and blah blah blah

• Unfortunately, yes. They have any answer they want at their fingertips. My daughter figgered out that Santa cannot go faster than light without burning up in the atmosphere in the first microsecond. LOL

• Yes most certain kids are growing up too fast now days.

• I think they are. The internet has shown them ways to adulthood before they are ready. Some girls are ready at a younger age and good for them.

• Yeah

• yeah

• More from Guys
    30

What Girls Said 22

• Yes definitely

• I think different generations can't understand each other well, sometimes

• Yeah, they're born with a full head of hair and an iphone x now. If only kids understood being an adult sucks and they should enjoy dorky childhood.

• definitely. I have 13 r old girls at my school who act so cringey trying to behave older than they really are. And don't even get me started on when it comes to getting a boyfriend and the problems they always have.

• Definitely. Makes me worried for the teen years with my daughter. She's 6 and that went by so quick. 😣

• They just jave their priorities set different to what ours were

• Yes they are. And it’s sad

• Yeah

• Not really.

• Yes.

• Yeah very early. It is good to be child. Why anyone wants to pass that period that fast i do not understand

• In a way, yes. We have become more materialistic as a society, and some parents are inadequate at actually raising children.

• Yeah

• Heck yea 14 year olds be looking way more older. Then there is me I'm 18, but I be looking 15 to 16.

• Yes very sadly

• Yeah, definitely...
    I wish I could have played more with my classmates instead of them trying to be all grown up.
    And other things, of course.

• Way too fast. It's crazy I remember when I started wearing makeup in middle school and it looked terrible!!! It's like a right of passage though. I've seen little girls walking around who look like they've had their makeup professionally done!! Like why! Insane to me

• Yes!!! Waaayyy too soon—kindergarteners were sneaking their mother’s makeup to school and applying it regularly and talking about their boyfriends in my little sisters’ classes -_-

• Yeah

• Yeah. I was in walmart and seen a group of girls maybe 7-10 buying all sorts of makeup and wearing crop tops and shorts. I wasn't innocent at 14. I sure didn't dress or look like that. I didn't wear makeup until I was 17.

• Yes. Yes. Yes. Oh god yes.

• Yes! That are in a rush to grow up and doing things they shouldn't be doing at their age, it's as if they are trying to prove a point. They need to act their age and not double it.