If you could start your life over again, would you want to do it?

You'd have the memories from this life (your previous life)
But you'd have the same family, the same up bringing, just you'd be starting out your life again, to maybe make life to better and have a fresh start.

If you could start your life over again, would you want to do it?

1|4

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm. So would you take your knowledge and avoid a few small things in order to benefit... or would you make completely different decisions and have a new life (or chance at life) and make different mistakes and run the risk of screwing up, but knowing that another path (the one you originally took) might not have worked any better?

If I could choose certain moments to relive, probably. If I had to be reborn and go through each day growing up with the same basic situations during my first childhood... I don't think so. If I had chosen to be better at school (If I retained all my knowledge from the first time around, THAT would improve)... would that have changed things? I don't know.

Certain things, I would have definitely retried and taken a different path... but have no idea how those would have changed things. I had an internship opportunity once. I didn't take it because it was unpaid, and I was working on school. Had I had that internship, would that have gotten me into the work force or given me opportunities for real jobs, or would I just be the same guy not earning much but being several semesters late on graduating (or not going back to college at all)? Would I still be in the workforce, or would companies still be expecting free labor from me? Would anyone have treated me differently because I worked for some big company for free (and they'd hire me?) Would be interesting to try those little paths...

But to have to go through the same basic childhood I had... Woof. I would not wish that on someone.

Would I have still gone to the college I went to, learning a bit and still making the friends I made, even knowing it probably would not get me a job? Or would I decide to take something I hated but was more "marketable?"

Now, if I could make certain decisions over and change them... I might try it. But taking it from day one... I don't know.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely, I would. That's not to say that my current life is filled with regrets. But, there are lots of things that I would have done differently (and smarter) had I known then what I know now--Not the least of which is my career path. I've gone too far down this road to go back now, but I'll wonder until the end of my days about the 'could've been' had I stuck to my initial game-plan.

Not to mention how much I would love to go back and cherish the loads of those good, innocent, carefree times that I took for granted.

2|0
    0|0
    • Yes, as long as i had the current knowledge i have now, and the memories of my current life to know where and when i went wrong, i think i would as well.

• Yup. Though, I'll have to be certain that my choices can actually make a difference. If it ended up being that no matter what I do, the final result is the same, I might go a little insane, lol.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 62

• YES! I daydream about this quite often. There's so many things I could do so much better. I could easily stop myself from becoming depressed and could stop under performing in school.

2|0
    0|0
  • Are you kidding me? NO WAY! Then that would mean I would have to DIE again eventually too? As if DYING eventually one time isn't bad enough and I'll also have to go through all the troubles, miseries and hardships ALL OVER AGAIN as if the first time around going through them isn't already bad enough. So no, no way, nope. It's hardly a "fresh start" for me, more like back to square one to me.

If I am "starting over" again and "existing" again and having consciousness then I want to be something else that DOES NOT ever suffer (or mostly unable to suffer) and is UNABLE to die (or mostly unable to die).

I rather be something that is completely different and lives/exist on another planet altogether but no way I'd want to be trapped in a prison of flesh, blood, bones requiring PERPETUAL MAINTENANCE all over again. One time through is already enough for me already.

I rather not have been born or created from the results of sex altogether if I had a choice to begin with, in which I really do not, and nobody else had it either, but that's just me.

1|0
    0|0
  • I think i would. I wouldn't change much, but i'd buy shares in Apple and Facebook and become a pilot instead!

1|0
    0|0
  • The older I get the more I understand myself and how my life choices made me who I am. I also realized that dissatisfaction with one self is like a suicide only slow. So I try to learn from my experiences and choose to cherish the good things in life. I'm blessed to have a life I have.

2|0
    0|0
  • oh heck yeah. are you kidding me. i could appreciate the times of my childhood and avoid a lot if mistakes. of course I would probably have a while set of new ones but armed with the experiences I have had I would probably have fared much better and things might have turned out way more interesting

2|0
    0|0
  • I still regret losing my GameBoy Advance while we were on the process of moving houses. I had a level 70 Machamp in Pokemon Ruby on that device. So yeah I'd start over just to make sure I don't lose it.

1|1
    0|0
  • Duh, obviously I'd make sure I remembered all the lottery numbers and win every single one.

2|1
    0|0
  • i would like it, i would have avoided all the pitfalls and would look for my actual group of comrades at an earlier age , all would be different and way better, you know, memories are the most important thing to recover your true essence.

1|0
    0|0
  • Almost took the bait
    but remembered I would also have to give up all blessings that resulted from all those mistakes & being fooled by others
    Now... ask me if I could go back & correct a dozen or things to help steer today's ship into better waters = YES YES YES

1|0
    0|0
  • I would most likely do the same exact things if I had the same genetics and brain. Nothing would really change. If I had to change course, then, I’d probably go into the military and make that my objective instead of law enforcement.

1|0
    0|0
  • There are some things I'd want the same and some things that I'd want different... I know you shouldn't change things but honestly... I would seriously think about it.

Having the same memories would be nice... or a curse... it would be such a difficult decision.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would love to do it. But only once I get old and have grandchildren. I hit that reset button, just when I'm about to die. That way you can live your whole life again, you can change the things you want according as you have experienced life to your fullest 🙏

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely. Knowing what I know now, I can fix and change quite a few things that I really, really needed to do.

I'm not gonna lie, I am kinda happy with what I have... But I would like a better life, y'know?

2|0
    0|0
  • Nope... I wouldn’t want to make changes that could have effected the outcome I am currently at. Although I would be rich as they come, I may never have crossed the path of my wife if I changed something in the past and that alone is not with all the money in the world...

1|0
    0|0
  • Well then I wouldn't have changed anything or maybe I wouldn't be comp engineer and be a normal graduate.
    If you give a bit liberty to choose family as well then I would have choosen bill gates or Mark Zuckerberg or Zack ma or any other how has lot of money. Lol😋

1|0
    0|0
  • I wouldn't want to start over because who knows, that life might be worst.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely i would.
    I’ve made a lot of mistakes in life, which has been life changing for the worse.

If i still had the same family, and would just start from scratch i most certainly would do that yes.

1|0
    0|0
  • i'd just be that horny fuck boy that just fucks every slut that's agreeing to jump on my dick, cause waiting and hoping for the right one hasn't done me any favors...

1|0
    0|0
  • To be perfectly honest, I don't know whether I would like that very much. I'm happy with the life I have, and yet there are some things about my life that just suck.

1|0
    0|0
  • Hmm other than being more confident and wily in my business dealings I wouldn't change much. Maybe travel a bit more before working. Pushed harder in school. That kinda thing.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 30

• No I wouldn't. I love myself now and everything that happened was the reason why I'm like this now and I wouldn't change that

1|0
    0|0
  • Definitely not. I've been through some very difficult stuff and I don't want to go through them again

1|0
    0|0
  • No, I'll take my chances with the story I've got now and with the choices I've made already. Also, restarting life means restarting high school, and I'd surely kill myself if I have to go through that twice.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, what's the point? Plus, I don't wan to restart my school years over again. I hated getting up early and most of it was a bland experience for me. Also I struggled in school so I definitely don't want to restart that.

1|0
    0|0
    • But I wouldn't mind going back just to observe myself and my surroundings, just to see what I was like or what I missed. That be kinda cool and nostalgic

• Absolutely. Too many regrets I have that I’d love to erase... is it possible to choose several memories to erase permenantly as well?
    However, experiences shape the person so hmm...

2|0
    0|0
  • Whats the point of starting over if i can still remember the bullshit from this one? It'd probably give me some sort of complex and i'd end up fucking up the next one even more so.

1|0
    0|0
  • I was a really shitty teenager and I still get heck for it and treated like a child sometimes because to my family's memory of what I used to be like. I would love to be able to change that.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah I definitely would. I think I'd be a bit bolder at a younger age. It's true what they say "youth is wasted on the young"

2|0
    0|0
    • What do you mean, “I’d be a bit bolder at a younger age?” What would you have done? Just curious.

• @PoliceLivesMatter just generally more adventurous I think in terms of perhaps travelling more (even on my own) at a younger age.

• Yeah, I’m 22 right now and I’m just wondering how I could be a bit bolder at my age. I’m having trouble imagining that due to my own genetics and predispositions. Thanks for sharing

• Definitely. I've made so many mistakes. I'm totally not perfect. I would love a fresh, new start in life and I'd love to see how my life would be now if I had made different choices.

1|0
    0|0
  • Being honest, if I had a do-over the same life with my memories, I would have tried harder killing myself.

That’s kinda tempting.

1|0
    0|0
  • For me no , because I made mistakes or I did terrible decisions in the past but it’s just the only way to learn and made me stronger and wiser.

1|0
    0|0
  • I would do it exactly. Maybe then i wouldn't be in this hellhole we i call my life😂

2|0
    0|0
  • No. The way I have done things so far in my life made me who I am today.

1|0
    0|0
  • I don't want to start my life over again. I'm doing what I want to do with it.

1|0
    0|0
  • NO... nope.. absolutely not ! Its personal love but yeah...

1|0
    0|0
  • Take more chances the I have.
    Workout
    For creators sake not flash those guys

1|0
    0|0
  • We can't regardless, so there's no point of asking "if".

1|0
    0|0
  • Born in Korea. Live in Korea. Goot at dancing. Becoming a kpop star. This is too much 😂

1|0
    0|0
  • Not yet

1|0
    0|0
  • Nah, I’ll pass.

1|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes