If you could start your life over again, would you want to do it?

You'd have the memories from this life (your previous life)
But you'd have the same family, the same up bringing, just you'd be starting out your life again, to maybe make life to better and have a fresh start.

3163

Most Helpful Guy

• Hmmm. So would you take your knowledge and avoid a few small things in order to benefit... or would you make completely different decisions and have a new life (or chance at life) and make different mistakes and run the risk of screwing up, but knowing that another path (the one you originally took) might not have worked any better?

If I could choose certain moments to relive, probably. If I had to be reborn and go through each day growing up with the same basic situations during my first childhood... I don't think so. If I had chosen to be better at school (If I retained all my knowledge from the first time around, THAT would improve)... would that have changed things? I don't know.

Certain things, I would have definitely retried and taken a different path... but have no idea how those would have changed things. I had an internship opportunity once. I didn't take it because it was unpaid, and I was working on school. Had I had that internship, would that have gotten me into the work force or given me opportunities for real jobs, or would I just be the same guy not earning much but being several semesters late on graduating (or not going back to college at all)? Would I still be in the workforce, or would companies still be expecting free labor from me? Would anyone have treated me differently because I worked for some big company for free (and they'd hire me?) Would be interesting to try those little paths...

But to have to go through the same basic childhood I had... Woof. I would not wish that on someone.

Would I have still gone to the college I went to, learning a bit and still making the friends I made, even knowing it probably would not get me a job? Or would I decide to take something I hated but was more "marketable?"

Now, if I could make certain decisions over and change them... I might try it. But taking it from day one... I don't know.

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely, I would. That's not to say that my current life is filled with regrets. But, there are lots of things that I would have done differently (and smarter) had I known then what I know now--Not the least of which is my career path. I've gone too far down this road to go back now, but I'll wonder until the end of my days about the 'could've been' had I stuck to my initial game-plan.

Not to mention how much I would love to go back and cherish the loads of those good, innocent, carefree times that I took for granted.

• Yes, as long as i had the current knowledge i have now, and the memories of my current life to know where and when i went wrong, i think i would as well.

• Yup. Though, I'll have to be certain that my choices can actually make a difference. If it ended up being that no matter what I do, the final result is the same, I might go a little insane, lol.