Do you live up to your own dating standards?

Rather it's physical, attractiveness, intelligence, financial, hight etc. Do you hold up to/meet the preferences/standards you have for others. When it comes to dating?

• Yes
  • No
  • Why should I
    Vote C

917

What Girls Said 9

• I think so yes, i'd give what i expected back.

• I have big boobs, but do I really want to date a guy who has big boobs? I'm straight and I would never consider dating a guy with feminine physical traits.
    I'm short, but most guys are taller than me. So would it be an issue that I wouldn't date a guy who's my height?
    We shouldn't have to date people who have the same traits as us. You can go ahead and call it hypocritical, but there really is nothing wrong with it.
    If don't live up to your own dating standards and you're not complaining, then who cares?

• I wish there were a 'kind of' option. I meet some of my own standards, but others, not so much. Like attractiveness, for example. XD

• For the most part except for the personality part. I want an outgoing guy. I'm somewhat shy but people don't believe that I am

• I prefer that my guy takes care of me financially so I guess it's not a huge problem

• It's 2018 and I want a girl financially take care of me in the same but opposite direction. Because a woman is equal in every way , unless your not.

• And thank you!

• Your welcome

• Why should I when Opposites attract

• Always

• Nope. I once said I'd date anyone who was kind as long as he was taller than me. But my boyfriend is shorter.
    LOVE doesn't work the way you planned it to.

• I believe so yes :)

What Guys Said 17

• All I really want is someone living a similar lifestyle as me. Problem is the only people who find me attractive are "below" my standards and the ones I find attractive don't find me attractive. Literally the only women that offer me anything to it because they want my lifestyle, not me, so it seems really disingenious.

• Hmm. Me vs my standards...

1. Can drive. WIN.
    2. Doesn't do drugs. WIN.
    3. Partner count not in double digits. WIN.
    4. Not on medication or diagnosed with mental problems. WIN.
    5. Exercises regularly and doesn't have a big belly. WIN. (Yes, I would be 100% happy with a girl who was similar shape to me not better.)
    6. Has a job. WIN.
    7. Interested in self better men. (looking up to the next job, working out, etc) WIN.

• I don't even know what my standards are or would be. I've only ever seriously dated one person.

• I'd date me if I were a girl.

• I don't put any standards on others that I myself can not meet.

• Yeah, like this guy I'm talking to wants the most beautiful girl friend... when he isn't handsome himself.. smh

• @PetrovaFire92 Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What one see's as beautiful can be ugly to someone else and vice versa, stuff like that is not so black and white.

Standards I am refering to are more actions, morals things like that.

• My standards are for my lover to treat me as i treat them, im a gentlemen so i expect them to be kind and caring like me, idrc if they are a 10 or a 6 looks don't matter so long as i can look at the person without wanting to look away for whatever reason i can find and for someone I'm dating if they can hold eye contact then that means that we both fit that standard

• Height, 6'1"
    Attractiveness, id assume nominal
    Finances, stable pay check
    Overall health, excellent
    Experience, not too great.

• No. That's why I don't date.

• I have none and still fail.

• Yes. Fair is fair.

• I should, but I struggle to. I hope that the girl's expectations are so low that anything could meet them?

• My standards are different from what I provide. I think it's of equivalent value though

• Why should I

• no I don't. I want the most perfect partner imaginable without caring if she/he has any standards or anything and only care about my needs and expect them to fall in love with me instantly.

• Anyways, I don't do suffering so you'd have to find another way to change me

• I would like a girl that is equal

• Yes, I want an equal.