Do you feel comfortable crying and being vulnerable in front of others?

How do you feel about being vulnerable, crying, wearing your heart on your sleeve, and showing your weak points in front of others?

Do you feel comfortable crying and being vulnerable in front of others?Do you feel comfortable crying and being vulnerable in front of others?
I was raised to suck it up and never cry, so I've never become very comfortable with people seeing me cry. I tend to just bottle things like that up until I'm alone. Sometimes I can handle crying in front of my best friend and two close relatives.
  • Often
    Vote A
  • Sometimes
    Vote B
  • Rarely
    Vote C
  • Never
    Vote D
  • Only in front of close friends and family
    Vote E
  • Only in front of family
    Vote F
  • Unsure
    Vote G
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

1|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Rarely do I ever. It's extremely hard for me to cry in front of others unless I'm really upset. I keep most things bottled in and leave it somewhere I won't go to. That's why I don't take most things personal or serious, since I just have learned to keep certain things in.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Is rather cry and be looked at as weak then hold it in and become weak. But I don't look at crying as being weak. I think it takes more strength to feel and deal with your problems then sweeping them under the rug. You risk becoming an angry person, it can leads to substance abuse, and you'll likely have failed relationships because you don't communicate what you feel.

2|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 30

• As for a GUY like me, if it happened then it happened. One girl I new was upset over a certain thing and she was repeating "Big girls dont cry" over and over. I said to her that big girls DO cry and gave her a hug and didn't let go till she did. She was so happy the next day, lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Everyone cries and shows emotions but showing to strangers or not so close or your people or your enemies might have negative impact on you, as I experienced

1|0
    0|0
  • Remember what Inside Out told us? "It's okay to cry".
    The last time I cried, a couple of girls found me and stayed with me until I calmed down. I felt vulnerable and weak, but also relieved there was someone who understood and was there for me at my worst. So I guess I do feel comfortable crying in public; it's a reminder to everyone we're all human.

0|0
    0|0
  • Crying signals inability to solve what's causing it.

I'd rather go fix what caused it. If I stubbed my toe on a couch or some shit, I'm tossing that couch off a roof.

0|0
    1|0
  • Only if I'm extremely close to the person.

I'm trying to break the cycle, but I was taught that men don't cry.

1|0
    0|0
  • Lesson learned: don't cry in front of your "friends" and you won't lose them

1|0
    0|0
  • I am not, but if I was comfortable, I wouldn't do it since I'm not allowed cause I'm a man.

1|0
    0|0
  • I pretty much never cry in front of people. If I cry it is usually alone.

0|0
    0|0
  • One thing I learned is that the more people respect you the more opportunities you will have to advance your career and relationships

0|0
    0|0
  • I haven't cried in like a decade.

I lied, once in front of a partner.

0|0
    0|0
  • i don't feel the desire to do that in public. only among very special people.

1|0
    0|0
  • Not really. I began crying, just days after my best friend passed away due to suicide, and I was around people on campus.

0|0
    0|0
  • Not really i hate the feeling but sometimes it's good to just let it out.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I don't. It would be rather rare. I'm hard as stone. It takes a lot to upset me to crying.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes not afraid to show my sensitive side in public.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, it just makes me feel awkward especially if it's over something small.

0|0
    0|0
  • If I'm sad enough, truly sad enough to cry, I probably won't care who sees it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Never

But there are 1 or 2 days of weak point every year approx

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't cry, not because I don't want to... I just don't... when I need a cry, i weep like a child

0|0
    0|0
  • Have I done it? Sure. Is it comfortable? Never.

3|0
    0|0
    • Same for me

• Show All
    • Who do you usually dump them on?

• I rarely cry when I do it's because someone has severly pissed me off. Like when I get mad hot air comes out of my nostrils and my face gets hot too. Then the person tries to talk to me and the over flow of anger gets to me and tears start dropping. I don't make any noise and I ususlly just keep wiping my face so people don't notice. Last time I got this mad was like 3 years ago.

• More from Guys

What Girls Said 33

• Never. But I'm very emotional and cry very easily so it's hard to keep it in

0|0
    0|0
  • I was raised similarly. I don't cry in front of anyone. I try to keep it together if people are around.
    I don't view crying as a sign of weakness, though. It's just that I'm used to getting reprimanded for crying and now I feel like it's bad and that I'd only burden people with my feelings.

1|0
    0|0
  • I’m comfortable doing it sometimes. I mean if it’s gonna happen it will regardless of who I’m around, but I’ll let it out in front of the right people.

Otherwise I’m going to be embarrassed so I’ll run and hide lol.

1|0
    0|0
  • I very, VERY rarely cry in public. I think... the last time I don't it was probably two years ago. I haven't done it ever since. However, at home, I cry by myself in my room because I feel very awkward if a family member saw me cry.

1|0
    0|0
  • No. I hate crying in front of anyone. I feel too vulnerable but it has happened before. I will try my best to hide it, but if I can't then I will blame it on allergies, contact lenses, or shampoo in my eyes.

0|0
    0|0
  • I experience anxiety attacks quite a lot, so it's common for my friends to see me cry. Only ever does someone that I do not know or I'm not close to see's me cry is because either I'm experiencing one in hallway or just somewhere I can't escape right away.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't cry in front of people unless I can't keep it inside anymore. I still feel very uncomfortable about it and will run to the bathroom to cry alone.

2|0
    0|0
  • No I don't feel good to cry in front of someone.
    I feel like they only feel pity and then think bad of me. Maybe the pity gets replaced by hate. I feel like a weak person.
    The truth is I cry often and that is making my heart weaker for real.
    I feel like breathing is becoming more hard when I cry often.
    It's unhealthy but what can I do I feel so sad it's not my fault.

0|0
    0|0
  • I cried at the cinemas today haha, so even though I want to say rarely. I clicked sometimes, its more honest for me. But for serious issues I hardly cry

0|0
    0|0
  • In front of close friends and some of my family, yes. I try not to cry in front of any others.

1|0
    0|0
  • Mostly if need be, To my Roomie or My Mom or Sister. xx

0|0
    0|0
  • I often hide in my closet or my shower and my husband has to drag me out. I’m happy he does though.

0|0
    0|0
  • Rarely. Especially crying. People already think I look/act weak, therefore if I were to cry, it would only exacerbate that sentiment.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't really cry that much and if I do its in front of close friend and family

1|0
    0|0
  • I've cried in public before. It's not the best thing in the world but usually if I cry in public, I'm at such a low point that I literally could not give less of a fuck about what anyone thinks.
    As for actually crying in front of other people while having a conversation or argument or something, I don't really mind that either. I actually cry pretty easily. Sometimes I even start crying because I'm so mad and frustrated, and not because I feel sad. It's actually kinda irritating to have to explain to someone that I'm not crying because I'm hurt or sad or whatever, but I'm crying because I'm angry with them or a situation. It's kinda weird but I'm used to it so I don't really care.
    Thank God I don't look like Kim Kardashian when I cry, at least.
    static.tumblr.com/.../...mgqyyuwwogowskkwg8480.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • Meh yeah. I don’t care. I am just fat loser anyhow.

0|0
    0|0
  • Depends on who it is for sure! I cry really easy and am embarrassed by it

0|0
    0|0
  • sometimes. depends on my mood at the time and my relationship with the person.

0|0
    0|0
  • I am almost never comfortable showing my vulnerable side to others.

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't cry in front of anyone. I hate seeing pity in any body's eyes

0|0
    0|0
  • More from Girls

Recommended myTakes