Do men and women complement each other? How?

• Yes.
    Vote A
  • Nope.
    Vote B
  • Results.
    Vote C
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Uh...
It is ComplEment, not compliment, people!

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. It's amazing how many people are confusing complement to compliment. And answering the question like she wrote "compliment" ha

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• PSA: Compliment and complement are spelled differently. It's not that confusing.

I think in general men and women do tend to complement each other, but it also depends a lot on the characteristics of the individuals. Not just any woman and any man are a good match. You need to find the right one.

1|1
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 25

• Well obviously neither gender knows the difference between 'compliment' and 'complement,' so in terms of vocabulary I would say the answer is a resounding "no." In terms of personality though, usually they do. Or at least they used to before women decided they wanted to be men.

3|0
    1|0
  • As in words or mutual benefit? In words a complement today can get you sent to HR and charged with SH. As in a couple the competition of both being the man is conflict and wrecks any natural dimorphism.

2|0
    0|0
    • not enough coffee yet this morning----compliment- words paid affection----- complement implies mutual, make complete which is what I think you meant

• Complement the opposite sex is a completely forbidden practice and anyone who is found doing so will be deemed a heretic

1|3
    0|0
  • How is it even remotely possible to complEment someone? I've tried, but many have my subjects have simply imploded after I dropped a:

"hey that's a nice shirt my dude"

The people I've killed in the search for the knowledge will always keep me up at night.

The mothers and fathers that will never return to their children.

What have I done?

How could I have been so naive?

Why did god create such a cruel world that we must live in?

0|0
    1|1
  • yes they do, like this :

Men : you look like a fucking cunt !!

Women : You look like a dick face !!

2|2
    0|1
  • You're looking quite lovely today Madam.. .

Why thank you sir you're looking not to shabby yourself

1|1
    0|0
    • I think you're a few centuries late

• Show All
    • I agree with @Iron_man. There is something known as chivalry which still exists. Some people practice it, some don't. So don't hate on those who do. Some actually happen to like it. I'm 16 myself, but that doesn't mean that I don't appreciate it and it's not just for the older generation.

• Yea, one has a dick, the other has a pussy.

Also, the amount of people here who don't know what the word "complement" means is staggering.

1|0
    0|0
  • "That a pretty jacket you got there."

"Have you been working out?"

"You look pretty handsome with those glasses."

"You look so sexy."

"You don't have a boyfriend/girlfriend? I'm surprised."

0|0
    0|0
  • My dad used to tell me that I should be like peanut butter it's great by itself but you should find a women who is your jelly cause that way your better together

0|0
    0|0
  • yes they do y wouldn't they? same as u would compliment (thats how its spelt btw) a woman

1|0
    0|0
    • The question is about complementing eachother. It is not about complimenting eachother. She didn't misspell anything. You just have a very limited vocabulary.

• i still stand by my answer apart from the mispell part

• Complimenting a woman is seen as flirting while women complementing men is discussion

1|1
    0|0
  • Yeah usually I try saying something like "you are looking especially beautiful today" then inget put in the friend zone

0|0
    0|0
  • I usually go up to a girl and be like; Hey, I like your face. Good effort.

I'm known to be a real social butterfly👍

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes all the time, at work, at the pub, anywhere, always try to be positive.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hey, nice shoes
    I love your hair
    You have a great smile
    etc...

0|0
    0|0
  • Men protect and women nurture... That's all i have in mind about complementing each other

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, we do complete each other, and thank you for asking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Excuse me lady, this is nice ass you have back there. Works every time.

0|0
    0|1
  • Sometimes on clothing, or when did something nice

1|0
    0|0
  • By complementing each other.

1|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

What Girls Said 6

• "Wow"
    Smile then walk away and look back with the smile one time.
    This is my personal favorite way to do it. Especially if I want him to pursue me. Otherwise I will just give a genuine compliment. "You have very nice eyes ya know"

0|0
    0|0
  • I think the nicest comment a guy friend gave to me was “you look mature”

0|0
    0|0
    • Irl that is—one friend who isn’t irl said something nicer ☺️ Still don’t know what to say about it XD

• yes but be careful coz people sometimes theydont take compliments

0|0
    0|0
  • Sure, all kinds of ways.

0|0
    0|0
  • They do about clothes, grades, etc...

0|0
    0|0
  • Normally on clothes and trainers/shoes

0|0
    0|0