Do you take criticism to heart?

for me i accept criticism but it's to a certain extent. I sometimes really hate it when someone keeps pointing out your mistakes in a way of tearing you down instead of encouraging you to do better. For example, i write and draw and love my efforts but had some people coming up to me and say shit like "IT COULD BE BETTER I DON'T LIKE YOUR STYLE IT'S SO BAD I LIKE XYZ ART/WRITING" and i do take it personally sometimes. I think everyone has their own aesthetic and if someone doesn't like mine then ok good for you but i don't think it's fair to give negative comments just because my style isn't for them

2845

Most Helpful Guy

• theeeeeeeen they are not to blame... you are. you just care too much about what they say and not used to a come back line or just ignoring it. trust me been drawing all my life and get shit like, that looks like this person, oh the head is bigger than her body, oh she look cute but itd be better if you... and the fuck is that? dont like it you can do better.
    I just look at them and say aight, cool. i was drawing you but guess your saying your head too big, and youd look better if i put this and this and this.
    So i dont take it to heart I just dont care anymore.

• Lmao i don't, i'm a complete bitch sometimes tbh but when it comes to someone shitting on your work when you didn't even ask for it then i do think that i have the right to feel whatever. But i guess so yeah

• I dont know you handle it but id feel like they crossed the line there. talk shit about drawings. but stealing my shit, they're starting the year off on a bad foot.

• well this one person i know did like my drawings and the next day boom i saw her using the exact same style and people were liking it and didn't credit smh. So annoying. I called her out ofc and she felt bad so its all cool. It pissed me off so much tho

Most Helpful Girl

• Depends who it comes from, abd if it's constructive or not. I ignore random unasked critics unless they're constructive and might help me improve myself