Alright G@G community... Moral grey area's?

Do they excist? Or is everything black and white to you? How do you think about it?

Share your thoughts! Alright G@G community... Moral grey area's?

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 10

• Morality is relitive and can change the bigger your sample size. for example.
    You & partners
    Family
    Community
    City
    State
    Country
    Continent
    World
    So to say there are certain objectively moral views is really only looking at yourself, because we never really know anyone as much as ourselves.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, grey areas exist. For example parents rights vs individual rights. In countries like the US and UK, individual rights trumps parental rights. So if parents want to rely on prayer to heal their children instead of medicine, the state can take the kid and treat him/her anyways. So the parental rights are secondary here. But sometimes the state can exercise its power to protect an individuals right to life in an absurd way. That would be the case of Alfie Evans in the UK. He's a child that was pretty much guarenteed to die due to a rare and uncurable neurological disease he was born with. The parents wanted to give him the chance to seek treatment elsewhere. The Pope even stepped in to offer a personal place in the Vaticans hospital for Alfie. But the doctors and the state didn't allow it. They didn't even allow the parents to take him home to die there. It was a pretty crappy situation.

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolute black and absolute white are things which can never exist in all of creation. There is no such thing as a perfectly white surface, nor a perfectly black surface. And the whole notion of 'white' and 'black' is caused by reflection and absorption respectively. Nothing reflects light perfectly equally at all parts of the electromagnetic spectrum- nothing is truly white. And nothing absorbs 100% of the electromagnetic radiation which hits it; nothing is truly black. This is no different when it comes to morality than it is when it comes to practical scientific reality.

1|0
    0|0
  • It’s pretty obvious what the right thing to do is and vice versa.

1|0
    0|0
    • 5d

Is it? One person saying casual sex is fine and another saying you should save yourself for marriage... I know to each there own but not so easy for everyone. The virgin who saves herself or himself for marriage is often in moral conflict with themselves seeing others around them enjoying a certain lifestyle which they consider as morally wrong. Doesn't mean they wouldn't want to give into it. Just an example lol

• Show All
    • 5d

Maybe if you’re weak minded. I have a clear idea of what’s right and wrong. Now whether I do it is a different story.

• 5d

Okay true, fair enough

• Not everything is black or white: (50 shades of grey... ): image.slidesharecdn.com/.../...-buffalo-10-638.jpg

0|0
    0|0
  • We're humans, nothing is black and white.

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm a firm believer in shades of grey.

1|0
    0|0
  • All sorts of grey areas...

1|1
    0|0
  • There are definitely shades of grey

0|0
    0|0
  • Black/white

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4