Is it possible to steal without being taught to?

From the ages of 5-17, I used to steal candies and a couple little items from stores.

No one ever taught me to steal. I knew it was wrong but simply had urges to act upon it. My first item I ever took was 3 small tattoo packages for kids. I wasn't caught in the store but by my mother an hour later. I stupidly took off my sweater and forgot I had the tattoos hidden there, lol.

0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 5

• It's a combination of a strange rush that stealing causes in the brain and the simple greed humans have in them. You don't need to teach a child to steal, because it's human nature to have the urge. You teach a child not to steal, because it's logical. Stealing causes conflict within yourself and with others.

1|0
    0|0
  • I used to steal things without even knowing it lol it's called cleptomania (probably spelled wrong)
    One time I was checking out a gift store with my family and when we got back in the car I had mood rings on all of my fingers and didn't notice until my mom pointed it out lol

1|0
    0|0
  • It's not something to be taught in the old times stealing was a means of survival when times were hard. heck some tribes stole from others the gain power over an area.

2|0
    0|0
  • I stole all the time when I was a child.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's a sign your a psychopath

0|0
    0|0
    • 6d

That's too extreme don't you think? The real psychopaths would have more serious traits.

• 6d

It's shows lying , manulipitive behavior and a lack of empathy and remorse 4 of the biggest psychopath traits but there is 36 other ones you also need

What Girls Said 1

• I have stolen before too. I always felt that my mom didn't love me and would not ever buy me anything, and that we were too poor to get anything because my mom always made me feel like we couldn't afford anything so I stole here and there... this and that... because I was afraid I would never be able to get it... I know stealing is wrong and slowly I have learned to stop stealing and I seriously learn to trust in God more that if I really needed something that God will provide for me...

1|0
    0|0
    • 6d

Thank you for sharing your story. I wasn't poor so I guess there was no good reason for me to steal. I just did it one day (my very first time) just to do it.

• 6d

did you do it to see if you could get away with it? Maybe like a testing of boundaries?

• 6d

yeah that was pretty much it

Recommended myTakes