Was I being too demanding?

I am babysitting for this family for the first time and I told them if they can pay for my Uber. She said yes but I realized how rude I was.

612

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... if you're baby sitting for them, it's not unreasonable for them to cover your transportation cost. But it probably would've been better if they just took it out of your paycheck, of if they offers themselves.
    Just give them something in return.
    I've done something like that before too and also felt shitty afterwards.
    But I mean, at the same time, you can't just let people walk all over you. Others ask such demands without giving a damn.
    We had a school trip once and this Asian guy was like, "Anyone who's riding with me is giving me gas money".
    I thought it was a dick request, since he had to go there anyways.

Most Helpful Girl

• When I use to babysit, I paid for means of transportation. I simply adjusted the amount I charged accordingly based on circumstances.

To answer your question, I wouldn't say you were too demanding. If it's your first time, you're simply starting your standards/expectations. If the family didn't mind, don't worry about it too much.

• I apologize but I told them. That as long as I have a way home they come back at 4am for all I care. Lol

• Well if they're coming in that late and you're without transportation, I feel asking for an uber isn't much to ask.