Was I being too demanding?

I am babysitting for this family for the first time and I told them if they can pay for my Uber. She said yes but I realized how rude I was.

0|1

Most Helpful Guy

• Well... if you're baby sitting for them, it's not unreasonable for them to cover your transportation cost. But it probably would've been better if they just took it out of your paycheck, of if they offers themselves.
    Just give them something in return.
    I've done something like that before too and also felt shitty afterwards.
    But I mean, at the same time, you can't just let people walk all over you. Others ask such demands without giving a damn.
    We had a school trip once and this Asian guy was like, "Anyone who's riding with me is giving me gas money".
    I thought it was a dick request, since he had to go there anyways.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• When I use to babysit, I paid for means of transportation. I simply adjusted the amount I charged accordingly based on circumstances.

To answer your question, I wouldn't say you were too demanding. If it's your first time, you're simply starting your standards/expectations. If the family didn't mind, don't worry about it too much.

1|0
    0|0
    • I apologize but I told them. That as long as I have a way home they come back at 4am for all I care. Lol

• Well if they're coming in that late and you're without transportation, I feel asking for an uber isn't much to ask.

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• Well If you have no personal transportation I'm sure the expense was not unreasonable or unexpected.

1|0
    0|0
    • Well... itโ€™s 15 dollars

• Show All
    • Lol ๐Ÿ˜‚. Yeah I feel ya. Nothing you can do about that, but enjoy the guilt eating.

• Hahaha. I am so stuff. Lol

• I really dont see it as rude its yuur first time and you needed help i think after the first time you get paid pay for you own uber unless its an all of a sudden hey can u babysit tonight type deal

1|0
    0|0
    • It was a all of a sudden type things. The metro close at 10:30pm so I knew I would have a hard time

• So I told them in advance since this was all of a sudden

• Women are demanding in general

That makes you exxxxtra demanding

1|0
    0|0
  • Better to pay your ow transportation and just have your prices accordingly

1|0
    0|0
  • Well if you have to pay for your own transport.. and it costs a lot, its pretty much working for them to pay for transport lol

Its not unreasonable

1|0
    0|0
  • You're not sounding rude you just needed means of transportation.

1|0
    0|0
  • No you were not

Paying for your uber is not gonna cost them too much.

1|0
    0|0
  • Is nothing wrong to be demanding in the end they can always refuse

1|0
    0|0
  • Nice! You found a job ๐Ÿ˜†

1|0
    0|0
  • Itโ€™s cool ino

1|0
    1|0
  • Has she asked you back

1|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 5

• Most would babysit for money if it is not for their own family, but you would normally tell them that before you do the work, and agree a price first. Lots of youngsters do babysitting as a part time job/hobby to help with money, but do it in a professional way. You do not work and then hope you get paid. You work knowing you will be and how much. When it is for your own family that is different, you do things for them and they do things for you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Actually it only depends on how you ask for it. To me, the demand is not rude. It is fair in some jobs where employer cover transportation cost for their staffs.

1|0
    0|0
    • She ask if I could say 30min later and I told her I could as long as she paid for the uber home. In act she could stay all night as long as a way back home.

• So basically she said it was fine and paid for it.

• Doesn't sound demanding to me. You asked they agreed.

1|0
    0|0
  • It was not rude

1|0
    0|0
  • No you were being direct and straight forward.

1|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes