Does anyone here have social anxiety? How do you deal with it?

I get nervous when strangers talk to me. There are people younger than me who can talk confidently so I feel down. People younger than me often give me a look or find me weird just ebcause I don't talk normally like them. I'm shy and I have social anxiety. People don't understand.

My brother has lots of friends. When they talk to me, I get nervous and I hate it because they start getting into my business on what I'm doing and how I'm helping my brother (he's running for a campaign).

I can't say I have social anxiety to them because people view it as an excuse. I do help my brother but just not the talking and socializing part.

How can I get over my social anxiety? How do you guys do it? Thanks!

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I don’t have social anxiety, but one of my closest friends does (the only reason why he stopped being awkward was because we “saved” each other’s lives at different times), basically get one person who you can trust wholeheartedly and will be there most of the time with you, if they are close they will help you like I helped my friend, and now he is no longer anxious and is mooderately popular

Most Helpful Girl

• Figure out the root of the problem, i have gone through Social anxiety fazes through my life and i have learned that there is a reason why for me it was due to a tramatic social situation and it left me not able to trust people which made me uncomfortable with people and understanding the problem helps me