If it's not fair guys are the disposable gender, why do they still put their lives at risk?

Besides my father, these other 3 important guys in my life (my 23 year-old brother, my fiance and my best friend Michael) know very well I would risk my life and die for them.

However, their stances were the same: they wouldn't let me do it for them. All of them seemed to express the same idea about living with guilt forever and how they would hate the idea of them being alive because of me while I'm dead.

I understand guys' major complain about being the disposable gender but why are many still willing to do the same thing that's been happening for many centuries: putting their lives at risk protecting the girl/woman and ending up either with injuries or dead.

19

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a Biological, and long-time Sociological thing, that men are supposed to 'protect' the women. I think this is the BIGGEST issue with 'equality' that most men are conflicted with! Women serving in combat roles seems so totally 'wrong' to so many men!
    There is something innate, something deeply encoded in being a 'man' and the 'protecting' the woman and children.
    That is why it is so sickening, so disgusting, when some, in some countries, use their women and children as 'shield's' knowing that our soldiers will hesitate, so that they can attack and deliver their bombs, or shoot, or whatever.
    You cannot understand it, as a woman, and while we know that you hate that those guys put themselves in harm's way, to them, it is to protect you, and the children, so you go on, and live, even if they don't.
    I don't know if there is a way to have it both ways?
    Can they ban men AND women from serving, if they are married, and/or have children?
    Some of the ones that serve with the most passion, and distinction, I think serve, BECAUSE of their spouse and children!!
    Nobody is 'disposable', and there is maybe a better term, but I think I understand what you are asking. Please tell me if I misunderstood.

Most Helpful Girl

• Because guys are decent human beings just like women

Id die for my brother and hed die for me

Hat doesn't mean he wants to go to war