If it's not fair guys are the disposable gender, why do they still put their lives at risk?

Besides my father, these other 3 important guys in my life (my 23 year-old brother, my fiance and my best friend Michael) know very well I would risk my life and die for them.

However, their stances were the same: they wouldn't let me do it for them. All of them seemed to express the same idea about living with guilt forever and how they would hate the idea of them being alive because of me while I'm dead.

I understand guys' major complain about being the disposable gender but why are many still willing to do the same thing that's been happening for many centuries: putting their lives at risk protecting the girl/woman and ending up either with injuries or dead.

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It is a Biological, and long-time Sociological thing, that men are supposed to 'protect' the women. I think this is the BIGGEST issue with 'equality' that most men are conflicted with! Women serving in combat roles seems so totally 'wrong' to so many men!
    There is something innate, something deeply encoded in being a 'man' and the 'protecting' the woman and children.
    That is why it is so sickening, so disgusting, when some, in some countries, use their women and children as 'shield's' knowing that our soldiers will hesitate, so that they can attack and deliver their bombs, or shoot, or whatever.
    You cannot understand it, as a woman, and while we know that you hate that those guys put themselves in harm's way, to them, it is to protect you, and the children, so you go on, and live, even if they don't.
    I don't know if there is a way to have it both ways?
    Can they ban men AND women from serving, if they are married, and/or have children?
    Some of the ones that serve with the most passion, and distinction, I think serve, BECAUSE of their spouse and children!!
    Nobody is 'disposable', and there is maybe a better term, but I think I understand what you are asking. Please tell me if I misunderstood.

1|0
    0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Because guys are decent human beings just like women

Id die for my brother and hed die for me

Hat doesn't mean he wants to go to war

1|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 8

• It's easier to understand if you break it down to a more primal animal instinct. Males tend to be more testosterone driven, paternal, territorial creatures than females. Not to say Women aren't or can't be more so, but on average Males exemplify that behavior. So many men feel instinctually that they need to protect their group. That's why I believe professions like military and first responders are dominated by males historically all over the world.

1|1
    0|0
  • Well societal pressure and sometimes if not, they’re just suicidal,
    I once beat up 4 guys cuz a girl started to shout on her father and slapped him and some guys were coming to beat him up assuming that he’s a child molester and I had to step in, I almost broke my wrist, people think it’s easy to knock out someone, it was painful af and I got nothing in return but I’m still happy that I gained his respect and I loathe his disrespectful and spoiled daughter.

1|0
    0|0
  • Maybe it's hardwired to an extent. Also look at the diet we are raised on: Almost every movie is about risking your life for something.

1|0
    0|0
  • It a protector thing. It's in most men. Like me. A gentlemen protects what he loves.

1|0
    0|0
  • Would you be happy if they risked their life and died for you? I know I couldn't live with that

0|0
    0|0
  • It only takes 3 guys to repopulate the world

0|0
    1|0
    • 7d

This isn't something new. It's been happening for ages. They always put that in movies too, guy either dies and girl is saved.
      There were more female survivors of the Titanic than male even when both of them were the 1st place passengers.

• 7d

1st class

• 7d

In terms of procreation, women are more valuable as their reproductive system is vital for human existence. I agree, movies and social values do play a part in conditioning men to think they are more disposable then women without much reasoning. Maybe as we move forward as a big society, that will change.

• Men are protectors on the instinct level.

1|0
    0|0
  • Women don't want to hear this, but men care about their women far more than a woman could even dream about caring about their man

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

Recommended myTakes