I just ran over my neighbors dog. Should I tell him?

Updates:
So I put the body or carcass whatever it's called in my bin
But
Now the daughter is outside calling for the dog.
So I emptied the bin but the little girl said it wasn't their dog
So I had to pick the dog body up again

0|1

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes you should or you’re going to live with that guilt forever. It’s not like you did it on purpose. Just tell your friend it was an accident or honest mistake and you didn’t mean to do it.

0|0
    0|0
    • My neighbor not my friend, Forever? i dont think so
      Shit.

• Show All
    • Update: lmao you better put your headphones on or turn the TV up. Something told me there were kids involved. Just wait until they start putting up missing dog signs 😂

• No I did the right thing,
      i tipped my bin over in front of her
      But
      Turns out it wasn't their dog anyway

Most Helpful Guy

• The right thing to do is to speak to the neighbours, not so any kids can hear and explain what happened.
    Alternatively, put the carcass in your car, drive it out a mile or two to a country lans and dump it by the road side in the hope it'll be found and reported back to them. Least they will have closure rather than pooch just disappearing. Not fair on kids to not know the dog is gone and not coming back

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh
      A kilometer you mean
      Turns out it wasn't theirs

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 1

• I would tell the neighbour. The neighbour may be missing or looking for his dog. Just for respect i would let the neighbour know. Loosing a dog is difficult and upsetting. I would tell the neighbour

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 8

• For now I would say don't. I m not suggesting you to lie out at all. All I m suggesting is to stay quite for now. People are emotional & sentimental towards pets and if they come to know you are responsible for their pets condition /death they won't be able to forgive you and it will just bitter out your social relations with neighbor if you have any and if you don't get along pretty well they might even assume you did that intentionally to hurt them in worst case. It's just human nature we don't know how one will react still we can only expect them to react certain way knowing their behaviour.
    My suggestion would let it be the way it is till they get over it and get a new one. Then if opportunity arise after some function or gathering let them know how sorry you are as you didn't had guts to face them for your actions as you hurted them and how you didn't wanna mess your relations with them...
    Now other thing is of some how they already know and they confront you asking then be honest and the answer would be the same as above.
    Still if you feel a burdon on your chest you can always type an anonymous letter expressing how sorry you are..

0|0
    0|0
  • I guess it would be the right thing to do, I'm not sure what difference it would make though.

0|1
    0|0
    • I know right damn it

• Lol... You made it worse. Shoulda just left it there. Now they're gonna think it's lost and they're not going to be able to bury it.

• yes, you probably should.

0|1
    0|0
    • Damn he will be pissed

• True, I'd be furious if someone ran over my dog. But it's best that your neighbor knows, so that he can burry the dog or whatever he planned on doing with it.

• Like why was the dog out though? I mean its his fault

• Clearly

0|1
    0|0
  • Thorw it to the side and carry on

0|1
    0|0
    • I put it in my bin
      I really dont want to tell them

• Show All
    • but I wasn't at all
      It's almost like he ran under the car

• Well just forget about it

• you should not tell him cuz afterall he doesn't know

0|0
    0|0
  • Hmm it's a hard one. If you definitely think you can get away with it try and do it. But if he will know it's you. Then tell.

0|1
    0|0
  • Was it cute?

0|1
    0|1
    • I can't tell now

• Damn I bet it's still pretty cute.

• not it's face or whatever dogs have

Recommended myTakes