I got caught stealing from target, but they let me go?

I got caught stealing at target today at 10:30ish pm the worker asked me quickly to see a “receipt” obviously since I didn’t buy it I didn’t have one he said “make it easy” give me the shirt so I handed him the shirt and nails and Ben he said “you can go” and then I said “thank you” he didn’t take down any information, but I’m sure they took a pic of my license plate from the parking lot. Do you think the police will come to my house or will I get away with it this one time. IM NEVER GOING TO STEAL AGAIN I was scared so bad I will never shoplift again if I can’t afford something than I won’t get it. Have any of you shoplifted and got caught :(?

412

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never shoplifted purposely although I have come out of shops without having paid for them because my daughters used to put stuff in their pushchairs when they were little. I always took them back though even if I didn't find them until I got home.

As for you, if the guy has let you go without calling the police then I would guess there would be no further action on this occasion. But don't be surprised if you're not welcome in the shop again!

• Okay. Im hoping nothing more happens. I’m very much grateful he let me go. I’m never shoplifting again. And I admire the fact you took the stuff back! Thank you for taking the time outta ur day. I appreciate it! :)

• You are more than welcome

Most Helpful Girl

• Once You LEAVE the Store... NO MORE.
    Never mind all of that, How can you even Think of Showing your face ibn Target again?
    It's like me today for example. I am using my other bank because I cannot face the representative my roomie yelled at to in the background on the other night.