I got caught stealing from target, but they let me go?

I got caught stealing at target today at 10:30ish pm the worker asked me quickly to see a “receipt” obviously since I didn’t buy it I didn’t have one he said “make it easy” give me the shirt so I handed him the shirt and nails and Ben he said “you can go” and then I said “thank you” he didn’t take down any information, but I’m sure they took a pic of my license plate from the parking lot. Do you think the police will come to my house or will I get away with it this one time. IM NEVER GOING TO STEAL AGAIN I was scared so bad I will never shoplift again if I can’t afford something than I won’t get it. Have any of you shoplifted and got caught :(?

1|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I have never shoplifted purposely although I have come out of shops without having paid for them because my daughters used to put stuff in their pushchairs when they were little. I always took them back though even if I didn't find them until I got home.

As for you, if the guy has let you go without calling the police then I would guess there would be no further action on this occasion. But don't be surprised if you're not welcome in the shop again!

0|1
    0|0
    • Okay. Im hoping nothing more happens. I’m very much grateful he let me go. I’m never shoplifting again. And I admire the fact you took the stuff back! Thank you for taking the time outta ur day. I appreciate it! :)

• You are more than welcome

Most Helpful Girl

• Once You LEAVE the Store... NO MORE.
    Never mind all of that, How can you even Think of Showing your face ibn Target again?
    It's like me today for example. I am using my other bank because I cannot face the representative my roomie yelled at to in the background on the other night.

0|0
    0|0

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 11

• I've gotten caught shoplifting, and many other things but that was a warning, they would usually hold you in the security room ask for you info search you up, maybe put some kind of scratch on your record and make you pay for it then take the item, but what you got was a warning and a very nice guy for giving it to you

0|0
    0|0
    • 😭😭😭😭😭💕 thank god im so happy IM NEVER GOING TO STEAL AGAIN

• Show All
    • It was traumatizing. I just saw my future flash before my eyes and my good image go to trash ):

• Well your good image stands and its waiting for you to ruin it some other way 😂

• You're probably banned from the store. Lesson learned.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think they left you off. But you're probably banned from the store. Or at least on a watch list.

Im glad you have repented. It's not worth getting criminal charges over.

0|0
    0|0
    • Totally agree with you DEF not worth it and quit dumb now that I’ve been caught. I’m very great full they let me off and I will not be taking that lightly I’ll forever be great-full and I’ll never do it again.

• You're lucky you didn't make a dumber mistake some people go down the wrong path and get caught for drugs or for example an 18 year old hooking up with a 16 year old and it follows them for life. If you ever serve jail time for an extended amount of time you're likely to never truly get out because the resitivism rates are so high.

• I'm glad that you got a pass.

• It's mostly because it wasn't a huge deal, no need to get the police involved. I once stole a bag of chocolate chips, didn't get caught though

0|0
    0|0
    • They didn’t take any of my information but I’m assuming they might take a pic of my license plate do you think I will be sent a court date through the mail or have the police knocking on my door tomorrow 🤧☹️

• Highly doubt it, you returned the shirt. Really not a big deal

• Okay that makes me feel better def never stealing again. Thank you for taking the time to respond

• Yea and i did time for it... consider it a wake up call and why the hell u stealing a 👕 lol musta been purty

0|0
    0|0
    • Did they let you go and then arrest you at your house the next day. & cause I’m a LOSER 🤧 I needed a shirt for the job I just got hired at but I don’t have ANY money to buy it so I tried to steal one

• Show All
    • I’m an Aries

• Lmao was a month off.. Are you still workin at that job?

• To much work for those items.

1|0
    0|0
    • So do you think I’ll be okay since they didn’t take any of my info ☹️

• Show All
    • Did you walk out the doors of the store with any of their stuff?

• No I didn’t :)

• LOlolol

0|0
    0|0
  • Pm me

0|0
    0|0
  • stupid people, do stupid things.. and history tends to repeat itself

0|0
    0|0
  • I got caught stealing when I was like 10 and became a ward of the state until I was 18. What seemed like a small mistake made by a stupid kid pretty well ruined my entire childhood. So I'd say you got off lucky, just be grateful they didn't call the police and be sure you never do it again.

0|0
    0|0
    • I’LL NEVER SHOPLIFT AGAIN IN MY LIFE I’m very great-full he didn’t do anything and let me go I was ready to get arrested as soon as he asked to see my receipt 🤧

• Well, like I said, you're lucky. I screwed up a major part of my life just by being a stupid kid. I certainly learned my lesson though, being jerked around by the system for 8 years ensured that.

• They might already forget that by now. by the way, you are nice :)

0|1
    0|0
    • I don’t think so! 😭 I’m scared they hate me and are going to use my license plate to send me a court date or have the police track me down.

• Relax, they will not.
      by the way, you act like you forgot to pay or not?

• No I was stealing a shirt cause I couldn’t afford one for my new job I deserve punishment

What Girls Said 3

• My store uses security cam pics and puts pics of shoplifters on the walls and show it to other stores

0|0
    0|0
  • You didn't actually take anything so they wouldn't have called the police.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, but they're going to keep an eye on you the next time you go to Target

0|0
    0|0

Recommended myTakes