Would you rather become a Millionaire by winning the lottery or from your own hard work?

Would you rather become a Millionaire by winning the lottery or from your own hard work?Just wondering.

• Lottery
    Vote A
  • Hard Work
    Vote B
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd feel better about it knowing it was a result of the effort I put in rather than pure luck. I guess I'd prefer earning it through hard work because otherwise I'd just feel guilty if I didn't necessarily do anything to deserve that money. It's a lot more satisfying to earn something than to get something for free in my opinion.

0|2
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Most Helpful Guy

• If I could become very rich with something I'd love doing anyway - say, writing novels or acting in movies - I would prefer to get there by working for it.

However, if I need to be an entrepreneur, a stockbroker or a CEO to become a millionaire, I'd definitely prefer the lottery because I don't give a rat's ass about those type of jobs.

1|1
    0|0
    THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 35

• People been trying to get millions via hard work... Majority of us are still poor as fuck.

People don't become millionaires through hard work. They do by luck and stepping over others

So I'll take becoming a millionaire by winning the lotto

0|3
    0|0
  • Honestly I'd rather win it by the lottery because my life goal isn't to be a millionaire. It would sure be nice, but I just want to be able to afford a nice house, pets, and go on vacation sometimes.

1|2
    0|1
  • Probably hardwork because the grasshopper and the ant. Working hard for your money comes with the genuine respect of those around you. Winning the lottery would be great and all, but you would not be respected, you would most likely just be used.

0|1
    0|0
  • Working to get that rich would most likely mean that I'd never really have time to enjoy it.

To be completely honest, I don't even care about money. If I won, I'd sign the ticket over to my father, because he'd be much better with it than I would.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hard work in the end I will have acquired such a different mentality, my networks would be amazing, intelligence at a higher standing, life learning lessons to become wiser, financial lifestyle would be structured, so many positives and benefits I would get while working for my millions than those who were just hand given and fed lottery money.

0|1
    0|0
  • I would like to win the lottery and make lots of money in my career too.

Of course I would like to get rich quick, I have bills to pay and important services are needed but have been put off for months, if not years, for lack of funds.

0|1
    0|0
  • Even if i work hard until my retiring age, i dont think i'll be able to save the same amount of money as when i win the lottery. And then i'll be too old to enjoy spending it. So lets get real, i wanna win the lottery.

0|1
    0|0
  • hard work. but I have no problem if I win the lottery too haha.. anyway it's hard to win that thing so it's a lot of hard work guessing the numbers as well. 😂

0|2
    0|0
  • My own hard work. That way I feel like I’ve accomplished something on my own and I’m good at it.

1|2
    0|0
  • I mean, hard work is great. Build your own house bricks by bricks. But, it’s just nicer to have someone give you a house.

0|1
    0|0
  • It would feel better getting it from my own hard work. Plus then I’d keep getting paid and it’s not just a one time thing

0|2
    0|0
  • I'd rather become a millionaire by stealing from another millionaire.

0|2
    0|0
  • I say rich by the lottery, because you're rich fast. Once you're already rich you can become even richer by opening a buisness or starting a brand.

0|1
    0|1
  • Lottery. Doing it by hard work would mean a lot of sacrifice, time and work.

0|2
    0|0
  • Both! I can work hard for my money... then buy one lottery ticket and win big!! Then i can say... i slave, I spend and I gain!! Lol😉

0|1
    0|0
  • Winning the lotto would be nice but working for it is even better

2|1
    0|0
  • Lottery cause i dont want to have to wait 10 years to get what i MIGHT get in 10 seconds :)

1|3
    0|1
  • Winning money is great and all but will never last. Working hard for your money will give you a different outlook on having it

0|1
    0|0
  • Come on. I can work hard after winning the lottery right?

0|2
    0|0
  • Hard work, since that way I will feel like I deserve it

0|2
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 73

• People who win the lottery actually have a higher chance of dying, going broke or killing themselves.

Imagine getting money you aren't used to having, you don't know how to manage it, people have their eyes on you, you live a crazy lifestyle.. go broke and fall into debt or get into so much trouble that suicide seems to be a way out.

www.theatlantic.com/.../

www.thesun.co.uk/.../

www.ranker.com/.../derrick920

www.cnbc.com/.../...-lottery-winners-go-broke.html

www.thepennyhoarder.com/.../

www.cleveland.com/.../...percent_of_lottery_w.html

0|1
    0|0
  • Seriously, some of y'all be living on RECRUIT difficultly. Life is a series of problems, you can't be happy with a problem in your life. And what better problem to have than striving to reach an achievement, that many couldn't accomplish in which you gain financial independence as a reward and an elevated status in society.

0|1
    0|0
  • From my own hard work for a few reasons. The gradual buildup of wealth will keep things more steady, even if on an upward trend, and you're more likely to be better at managing the money, and having a means to maintain that wealth, through investments or businesses.

0|1
    0|0
  • Better from hard work, but either way will do. I don't play the lottery, so there isn't much chance of getting it that way. But then, there is just about as much chance of winning the lottery, whether you play the lottery or not.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I won't the lotter then the money would be close to free. Working for it.. sure would feel good. But at what cost in time, not to mention what kind of lifestyle would I have to live to get there.

0|1
    0|0
  • I’m too young to wait another few years to make that sort of money, but if I got it straight away I could just start working on my dream through my fathers company

0|1
    0|0
  • I voted lottery because that's instant. Earning it could take many years of really hard work and stress.

0|2
    0|0
    • Common lottery winners have to buy millions of tickets to win, though

• Hard work though if I did win the lottery I would use it towards work to make an even better business. So hopefully more work though not too hard. In my opinion not doing anything is the worst thing to do.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hard work.
    I really really like the learning and experience and the journey to getting it, and with that, I could make another million... and another...

Though winning the lottery now wouldn't be bad...

0|1
    0|0
  • I will become billionaire with my. Hard work because after hard work I really how to handle millions and billion but those are saying they want to win by lottery but they already knows they don't have guts to make millions by own so they want free money and they can't handle that money too😎😂

0|1
    0|0
  • I am 40. Working since I was 18 now diagnosed with a chronicle liver disease not cureable and right now when I should have savings to be comfortable still I have to work hard to meet my living. Why hard work than I'd it does not pays so at this stage I will prefer to die rich and only way is lottery.

0|1
    0|0
  • Winning by lottery is the easy way out. Life isn't fair. Life is cruel and unjust. I prefer to see the fruits of my labour regardless of how long it takes

It alwats gives me something to aim for. Getting all at once is skipping to the emd of the book and you dont learn life lessons along the way. The money will very easily corrupt you

0|1
    0|0
  • If you worked for your millionaire it'd take quite some. years to get there.. it would feel good to accomplish a goal or something that big. What was it for you know. Know. Assuming the million was guaranteed in the lottoery, why would you want to throw 20 years of your life away working for the 1milslowly earned cause you also have to spend on all your bills and food. Occasional emergency.

0|1
    0|0
  • Hard work why you say? Well because it’s constant revenue coming back to me steady, the respect and character you build as a hard worker and overall the joy you get once you’ve reached being a millionaire.

0|1
    0|0
  • Lottery is just bad because you don't know how to deal with that much money. Many lottery winners get depressed and lose loved ones. By working for it you can truly be good with money and not get it all at once.

0|1
    0|0
  • You'll never know the true value of your ethic unless you work for it and earn it. We already have enough entitled-ass people in the world, why add to that by wishing to win a lottery?

0|1
    0|0
  • Hard work. Because the odds of you winning the lottery are insane. You have better odds of getting struck by lightning twice on the way to buy the lottery ticket.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't think any amount of effort on my part would have me become a millionaire with my bills and such. I'll either take the money from some rich douche or win the lottery

0|1
    0|0
  • I've already worked hard for the last 30 years. I'll take the lottery now please!

0|2
    0|0
  • If you can become a millionaire by hardwork, wouldn't everyone on earth be millionaires by now? It takes luck and manipulation to become a manipulation

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes