How do I become more confident?

I'm a sensitive/emotional person, and I am very afraid of how other people judge me. Mainly because their words may harm my mental state, and I may possibly end up in a depressed/suicidal state which is something I do not want. I try to put myself out there, but at the end of the day, I still get depressed that I'm still alone. I try not to let things get to me, but sometimes, I have to cry before I get over something. I try to not care what others think of me, but sometimes I feel like the scars of high school come back to me. I start to think about how others treated me in high school, and I become afraid again of what others would think of me. I'm mostly trying to protect my fragile state of mind because it's been hurt so many times that I cannot seem to get out of my comfort zone to ask someone to hang out with me unless I've known them for quite some time.

If anyone asks, I already see a therapist.
Just wanted to include that, I don't think most things make me happy anymore. I might feel "satisfied" that I'm doing something, but I don't necessarily feel "happy". I think the only time I ever felt happiness was when I was hanging out with a group of supposed friends, or when I had a boyfriend who I actually felt a connection for the first time unlike most people I tend to meet.

846

Most Helpful Girl

• You have to learn to love yourself to become more confident

THIS IS NOT RELEVANT ANYMORE
    • What does loving yourself look like?

• I try to take care of myself, but I don't have any motivation to take care of myself. It's like I want to, but I can't get up out of bed to do most things. How does you love yourself if your siblings think your a waste of space, and people around you never seem to like you for who you are. I don't understand how loving myself works. How do you love yourself if people reject you all the time even though you "love yourself". Something must be wrong with me if people never want to be around me.

• Loving yourself is making yourself eat a meal, when you don’t have the energy to get out of bed. Loving yourself is taking a walk outside, when all you want to do is waste away in your bedroom. Loving yourself is learning not to take what others say about you seriously. EVERY person has worth and value. Nobody should make you feel like you have no value, you DO!