How would you feel if the kindergarten your child went to was teaching about ‘Toxic Masculinity’?

• I wouldn’t like that
    Vote A
  • I would be ok with that
    Vote B
  • I won’t have kids but I think that’s stupid
    Vote C
  • I won’t have kids so I don’t care
    Vote D
  • I’d feel something else (please say)
    Vote E
Select age and gender to cast your vote:
I'm a GirlI'm a Guy
Updates:
Quote from the girl in the video ‘girls can be girls because girls are not the violent ones in our society. Boys grow up to be men and they commit three times more violent crime then women. That’s just a fact...’

0|3

Most Helpful Girls

• My kid wouldn't be going to that fucking place anymore if that were the case. I would NEVER allow my child to be indoctrined with the belief that he is inherently evil because he happens to possess male genitalia. THAT is how you get a deeply insecure, unstable adult who allows everyone to walk all over him and demand everything of him without giving anything back. I know what that feels like, and I would not let my child feel that way.
    The way to ensure that your kid doesn't grow up to be a scumfuck is to raise them right, regardless of gender, because girls can grow up to be psychotic, toxic cunts too. In some cases, they might STILL be a scumfuck whether you raised them right or not, because mental abnormalities are a thing, but usually, people don't grow up to be homicidal, evil pricks when they've had a happy, healthy childhood. The bulk of serial killers out there had HORRIBLE childhoods. Men are not inherently violent or evil, nor are they the only ones capable of being violent and evil.

0|8
    1|0
    • It is rare to find such a passionate, while also being intelligent, answer to this type of question. I salute you.

• Show All
    • @FakeName123 You can do that without telling the kid he's toxic just for being male. That's what raising him right entails.

• Obviously. I do agree with you. I jsut wanted to display how ridiculous it is that the same people who condemn toxic masculinity are the ones who create it.

• I’d lose my shit if any of that woman’s garbage was exposed to my children. I have no issue with teaching ALL children to be kind to each other, promoting tolerance and acceptance and giving healthy outlets for rambunctious (or in her eyes, aggressive) behaviour but it’s 100% wrong to place boys beneath girls as second class citizens and that’s all she’s doing.

10|26
    2|0

Most Helpful Guys

• To say I wouldn't be okay with that is a gross understatement. This is disgusting. As for the "boys are the violent ones", that's actually fallacious, women are rarely tried for their crimes and when they do they get a third of the sentencing meaning that any comparison is going to be significantly skewed towards the men as we are far more likely to let a woman get away with a crime. Take for instance domestic violence, we know that women commit domestic violence at much higher rates then men do, according to the CDC/NCVS 70% of non reciprocal violence is perpetrated by WOMEN against men, women are also far more likely to kill their children through neglect (60% of all cases), more likely to abuse children and are far more likely to use manipulative and controlling behavior as well as emotional abuse then men are (again, according to studies), yet we still look at men as the evil bad ones? Almost all male violence is perpetrated against other males, and of age males outside of family. So even by the reasonings given this would be idiotically stupid but even taking that into account you still have the minor issue of the vast majority of the male population not doing any of these things to begin with so why is it that we are not teaching girls about toxic femininity? Why do we teach boys not to hit girls but then teach girls boys are not allowed to hit them when clearly the data shows that this is causing women to be more violent towards men? Their is no such thing as toxic masculinity, this is disgusting to teach children that they are inherently evil and bad and that they should hate themselves simply because they happen to be male is despicable and would never be tolerated if we did this to women. Sexism at its finest.

0|1
    0|0
  • Bad Bad Bad. Let's make boys more like girls so they are not so violent? That is some scary shit. There is no crisis... society has become passive and weak and this will end badly. I was in Chicago recently and just walking down the street I couldn't tell the men from the women. Guys wearing their skinny jeans, no masculinity to them whatsoever.. I was a bit taken back.. I couldn't believe how many men looked like women just in shear size and look. Compare a man from 1950 who is 22 to a man now who is 22 .. huge difference. This will only get worse as we go down this path. The human race will be 80 Feminine someway somehow in the distant near future and if you have any masculine characteristics you better believe they will send you to a doctor to fix it! Wake up!

1|4
    0|0
    • Testosterone levels are also decreasing among men due to our diets and all the chemicals that surround us. Men in the west are literally becoming women and nobody cares since this is happening to men and not women.

• @Coldshower Couldn't agree more!

Recommended Questions

Have an opinion?

What Girls Said 25

• I will send them to Toad's private tuitions to teach them about true masculinity. :p

1|6
    0|0
  • I'd want to know more about what that curriculum entails. Are they going to make my son feel ashamed and guilty for being male? (Unlikely). Or are they just going to be more gender neutral in the way they handle children?

The thing about "toxic masculinity" is that it's NOT saying that all men are toxic, as the Fox News moron tried to make it sound. It refers to toxic behaviors in males that are encouraged or excused due to them being male (violent, unemotional, persistence to the point of harassment, not cut out for domestic duties or child rearing, etc). I'll raise any future sons of mine against toxic masculinity, but I can't trust other parents to do the same. So if the curriculum is reasonable and positive, I don't see why not.

We're teaching our young girls to be more confident, tougher, and more invested in STEM fields. Why not work out the sexism on the male side as well? Let them know it's okay to be sensitive, to walk away from a fight, to report abuse without feeling less of a man.

2|1
    0|9
    • The extremists are the ones with the power..

• Show All
    • claiming that "boys need to be taught how not to rape" implying that rape is not just something only men do even though statistically according to the CDC/NCVS data women rape men at comparable rates and as it pertains to child rape data suggest women are MORE likely to commit it (for example over 90% of all rapes that occurred in juvenile detention centers where perpetrated by WOMEN not men. Then look at all the teachers who have had sex with students and you will note they are generally women not men (yet statistically these women are far less likely to be punished for the crime, one even had the gall to claim that she was the victim not the 13 year old boy). Then you have the fact that again, women are rarely sentenced for crimes and when they are they get only a third of the sentence a man does (one woman bashed a mans face in with a glass because he hit on her he had to get many stitches she was given a warning (it was her second offence)

• or the three women who accused a cab driver of raping them never mind that he had called the cops on them because they refused to pay their fair and never mind that he had video evidence showing that they where never raped and they refused to pay him. The police refused to press charges against the women even though they detained the innocent man over the accusation). Or the woman who accused a man of raping her and had him put in prison for 4 years who then admitted to lying and destroying this mans life, she was told to pay him $90,000 dollars, what he would have gotten from working a minimum wage job in that time span, and she would be expected to go to a correctional facility, on weekends. Or the woman who stabbed a man in the leg and threw a computer at him who was not punished because she was "to bright and it would be a waste", she did this while high. The list goes on. This is what I would call toxic femininity the acting like a victim when they are the victimizer.

• If be super pissed as I want my kids to learn the ABC and to count not some bullshit ideology or SJW indoctrination. If assume that this lesson plan was not agreed with by the school board or my child would not be attending this kindergarten. Why can't teachers just teach instead of standing on their soap boxes in the classroom preaching shit they learned in a safe space at college.

0|6
    0|0
  • I mean... it wouldn’t really bother me that much, if they’re just stating facts. However, I’d prefer them to teach them about the bad stuff women do as well. To be fair, so there’s no “sexist” fuss.

2|1
    0|7
    • why not save that stuff for jr high instead and stick to abc's? remember this is kindergarten

• Show All
    • I know that.

• And I said “Not saying every child is the same”

• Hell no, you're suppose to be teaching my kid 123's and abc's, not this weird sjw feminist garbage that has nothing to do with my child's education.

1|8
    0|0
    • Like no, if we're not allowed to teach/read the bible in school anymore, then you're not allowed to teach your political views to my kid. You told us to leave God out of school so I'm going to have to tell you to leave your political views out of school.

• This is the ultimate justification I have for not having kids.

If I had kids today and they went to most any school of today, the school would be teaching a contrary way of thinking I would be teaching my child and we would have issues.

I am very thankful I do not have kids for this very reason. :p

0|1
    0|0
  • Depends on what exactly is being taught about it.

P. S.: People need to stop listening to this pseudo-intellectual charlatan Peterson.

0|1
    3|9
    • Here come the Peterson cultists. You people are clowns. :D

• we should listen to the woman in the video instead?

• Nope. Just because two people are talking doesn't mean we have to agree with one of them. My P. S. was because Peterson is everywhere now and people are worshipping every ridiculous thing he says, even though he's a charlatan and ideologue who rarely has anything of actual substance to say. I was saying that rather independed from the topic here.

• They need to be learning the alphabet and coloring and such. Not this. I'd probably remove them from school and report it.

0|8
    0|0
  • It's a double standard in my opinion. It sets an unrealistic precedent that women are either not capable of committing violent crime, it they simply do not, and that is simply not true.

1|2
    0|0
  • If I had a son, I wouldn’t want him thinking something is wrong with him just because he’s a boy. I think we should just teach children to always be open with their feelings because repression is where aggression stems from.

1|2
    0|1
  • My child wouldn’t be going there. This is why I’d seriously consider a private religious based school.

0|4
    0|0
    • Well what I mean by that is if my child is going to be taught social justice religion or traditional religion I’m going traditional.

• Fun Fact: Here in Germany the last few years christian schools are being overrun by parents.

Not because they are christian themselves, but because they don't teach that ridiculous stuff and because the kids then aren't surrounding by difficult children of other cultures who either drag the class and their performance down or are simply violent.

• Jordan Peterson is a stupid person's idea of a smart person.

0|1
    0|1
  • What? Masculinity isn't toxic... this woman is demonizing men for simply being their wonderful, beautiful, precious selves... I would not want my baby angel taught this.

0|2
    0|0
  • I hate when kids are taught subject that waste their time and are full of bullshit.

1|6
    0|0
  • It's educational I can only benefit them I think it would be okay if it was named toxic behaviour. So it doesn't seem sexist.

2|2
    0|7
  • But they teach little girls to be men.

Im confused

0|2
    0|0
  • I’d be made if my kid was taught that (if I had a kid)

0|1
    0|0
  • That's absolutely stupid.

1|7
    0|0
  • What's toxic masculinity?

0|3
    0|0
    • this crazy term that liberals made up but refuse to define for people

• Show All
    • It is. But thats what modern sociology, gender studies and general feminists/SJW/cultural marxism ideologies are about. You need to create perceived victimhood in order to push your agenda. Else you couldn't justify the ridiculous and cruel actions you commit.

And in order to be a victim, you need to have a perpetuator. That is men. To be precise, white men. Because non-whites have special protection in their hierarchy of victimhood.

• Absolutely not.

1|6
    0|0
  • More from Girls

What Guys Said 62

• Kids need to worry about building forts, making mud pies, riding bikes and the sort of stuff you do when you DON'T have the weight of adulting on your shoulders, They will have to grow up soon enough anyway.

all of this leftist, social justice feminist nonsense is not needed, not wanted and is being used to control the population, making them docile and obedient by controlling how people think and Peterson is right.. it is going to be disastrous for our species if it is allowed to continue

1|1
    0|0
  • I'd probably have my children removed from that place and inquire around for other schools about their curriculum and see about sending them where they wouldn't be taught to feel shame or the need to shame others. That's just a gross application of politicized rhetoric onto kids, and I would have some vulgar things to say to the staff of that school.

1|2
    1|0
  • I mean... I intend to homeschool my kids so... yeah. I want to be personally involved in them learning and growing. I WANT TO RAISE MY KIDS... I don't want to send them off to school to have someone else raise them. Please no one be offended or assume I think parents that don't homeschool are somehow bad parents. I simply don't want to miss out on any part of my kid's lives.

0|1
    0|0
  • Wouldn't like that. Would probably remove my kid from that class. When they're old enough I wouldn't mind letting them listening to multiple views on any particular subject, I will not have them be indoctrinated with any nonsense at such an early age though.

0|1
    0|0
  • I don't want kids, but if I had them I wouldn't want them brainwashed by feminist bullshit.

I think a guy who fits the traditional standards of masculinity will have an easier time attracting women and would do better in life than a guy who doesn't.

0|2
    0|0
  • I want a kindergarten to reinforce the belief that I and most people hold, get along with everybody. Also to prepare them for their first years of school. Political views from a fringe group should never be the main focus of that, kids can find out for themselves once they become young adults what they want to believe in. Jesus christ, this riles me up more than it should.

1|1
    0|0
  • It is sickening that this kind of anti-male propaganda even exists. I would say this sort of hatred towards men could just as easily be defined as "toxic femininity."

0|3
    1|0
  • Schools shouldn't be teaching opinions... that's called indoctrination. Schools should be teaching facts. It's fine to expise students to various opinions in an academic setting, but it should be clear to the student that it is an opinion and that other conflicting opinions exist and are no less valid.

1|1
    0|0
  • Dude I pull my kids straight outta school if they started teaching them that. For a lot of boys masculinity is completely natural. They do it to feel confident, proud, and just over all is good for them.

0|1
    0|0
  • i think you can teach behaviors that go against toxic masculinity and create stronger and healthier expectations of young boys without discussing toxic masculinity specifically

1|1
    0|0
    • so for example. if a kindergarten boy is crying about something and some student says don't cry girls cry then a teacher can step in and say it is ok to cry. not only girls cry. emotions are things we all have.

there you've confronted an element of toxic masculinity without discussing toxic masculinity

• i would not send my kid there. "boys will be boys is not gonna fly anymore"? the fuck is wrong with this misandry? could you be any more contradictory wanting "equaliy", trying to ensure girls can develop fine but then not allowing boys to develop naturally?

0|1
    0|0
  • Haha wtf?

None of my guy friends have committed any crimes. Well I know a few that have smoked weed before, but nothing violent.

Whoever is teaching this trash is a sexist and needs to be fired. Cause saying masculinity is toxic is an opinion not fact.

0|1
    0|0
  • Glad that my kindergarten (long ago) only consisted of Big Blocks, Little Blocks & Trains, Fingerpainting, Short Naps... and a one-time lecture on not pushing the person in front of us while we were standing in line, or we could all go down like dominoes

0|1
    0|0
  • Violent behavior and some forms of harassment are already illegal. Such criminal activity is not excused because it's seen as normal male behavior and we do not need to discuss "toxic masculinity" to curb these behaviors. We just need to enforce the laws when children (yes, even girls) overstep the line of what is deemed acceptable behavior within a school.

0|1
    0|0
  • Please this is just hype, I want my children to be taught to be good citizens, that is not toxic masculinity as this piece implies. Stop getting outraged over a headline and open your ears and listen

0|1
    0|0
  • I'd move them to a different school. Life's hard enough without some teacher telling my kids their pieces of shit. This insanity needs to stop.

2|3
    1|0
  • I would relentlessly contradiction the teacher and also harass the school board, have news paper articles printed about it, etc etc until the situation was resolved.

0|2
    0|0
  • I would remove my poor kid from those brainwashed fools immediately and report them to the police for child abuse.

0|2
    0|0
  • As long as they are also teaching the idea that feminism is cancer then it's fine, there is balance.

0|1
    0|0
  • If I knew they were pushing a left wing social agenda in my kid's kindergarten I would find another kindergarten.

0|1
    0|0
  • More from Guys

Recommended myTakes